No announcement yet.

Paging Swinford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet picture! I'm still not against that hood. I think it looks pretty sick actually.

Comment

How do you get so low and hold so steady to take rolling shots like that?

When I try to take them my car shakes a little, thus shaking the cam.

PS: amazing shot.

Comment

I have spacers in the rear I already scrub because how low I am. ( I know Im not as low as some but right on top of my rim in the rear) I dont wanna run crazy camber because I drive over 40 miles a day. I'm working on some 17" wheels right now and some stretch so we will play then, but my 19" tires are to expensive to ruin.
        Swinford-Hypnotyzd : Dirty South-Swinny

| Hypnotyzd FB |Tischer BMW|

Comment

great pic and the car looks amazing

Comment

Siiiiick!
            MB Obsidian Black Metallic Crossfire SRT-6
            Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

Originally posted by 87e30 View Post

Tons of practice and big strong hands.

Remember, shots like this are unsafe and could be hazardous to your knuckles and camera.

Comment

Originally posted by 87e30 View Post

I have a couple different things I try. I wrap the strap around my arm tight so I have to pull the camera in my hands to help hold it tight and get the shot I want.

I also have been known to hold the strap in my mouth and pull against that. Anything that steadies the camera.

Originally posted by Pswirley View Post
                Tons of practice and big strong hands.

Remember, shots like this are unsafe and could be hazardous to your knuckles and camera.

*EDIT*

Sorry Casey I removed photos so I wasn't quoting them... I do like the low low look
                Yes. Practice and just more practice. Have to hold it tight...

Don't think these are the only photos I took. There are almost some blurry ones. Just have to stick at it and know the speed and where you want the shutter speed to be and your lighting etc

You will eventually get there. Speaking of potential busted knuckles and risk of camera damage... I was VERY close to the ground on these shots... like an inch off the ground...

Comment

I see. I've only tried once as I've never had anyone else to drive for me.

How do you get the camera so low to the ground?

Comment

Depends.

Sometimes I just open the door on the highway and wedge it open with my leg.

Sometimes I ride with friend in his kit car.

Sometimes I am in the back of my vert with the top down and I just hang out of the side and get as low as I can

Comment

Good stuff. Photo is the tops.

Mr. Belvedere

I want to buy your single 4x100 Ronal Racing center

Comment

Originally posted by dinanm3atl View Post
                        Depends.

Sometimes I just open the door on the highway and wedge it open with my leg.

Sometimes I ride with friend in his kit car.

Sometimes I am in the back of my vert with the top down and I just hang out of the side and get as low as I can
                        Halston, on the shot I got of that black accord, I was riding in the Yaris with feet on the seat, gut on the window ledge and upper half of my body hanging out of the car with Yaris driver hanging onto my legs. All the while in traffic at 40mph.

Comment

Gotta do what you gotta do!

roflmao

Comment

God damn. I love your car, Swinny...
                            -Brandon
                            E46 No More..
                            Her Concise History:
                            http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=778655

Comment

I had a buddy taking rolling shots of 3 cars. WE had 4 lanes of traffic held up and had slowed down to 60 in a 70 with out noticing and had everyone behind us in a huge line. It was hilarious.

Then some fucking old man in a van cut me off so bad I had to swerve into the shoulder or he would have nailed my fender. Then we sped up and we all boxed him in. It was great.

None of the shots came out though. I hear crazy stories of what people do so sometime I will need to get a driver and try it out!

Comment

Woulda been even more scary if we were goin more than 5mph.

-Brandon
                                E46 No More..
                                Her Concise History:
                                http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=778655

Comment

Working...
                                X