My new daily/tow pig - 2014 GMC Sierra SLT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new daily/tow pig - 2014 GMC Sierra SLT

Hey fellas, haven't posted much at all lately, life has been kind of hectic. I started a new job beginning of this year and now have a short commute to work, my beater daily failed miserabley the third day of my new job, leaving me borrowing a vehicle wherever I could. I've needed a fullsize truck for a long time and finally bit the bullet and decided to buy one. After browsing classifieds for a few days and seeing nothing that grabbed my attention, I decided to order exactly what I had ever dreamed of in a fullsize truck.

Ordered a 2014 GMC Sierra SLT package, 6.2L v8 (420hp/460ft-lbs) 4wd, leather, basically loaded minus NAV.

It was a long 10 week wait for the truck to arrive, but that allowed me to round up some parts for it ('cause I'm really shitty at leaving things stock). I ordered a McGaughpy's two-wheel drive 4"/7" drop kit, a factory All-terrain grille and some other misc things like mats and things that no one really cares about.

Truck showed up and a few days later was disassembled. I had the bumpers blasted and painted to match the truck, swapped the All-terrain grille out, lowered it, notched it, swapped the door handles and mirror caps out at the dealer from another truck with black pieces and have since been using it everyday. I couldn't be any more happy with this thing (it needs 22's, an exhaust cut-out and a heavy cam). I've got everything ordered to build a helper bag setup for it, so that should be happening in the next couple of weeks. I wanted a very versatile truck that I could load with people, a full box of shit and a loaded car trailer and drive everywhere without worry. I think it's so far nearly there.

What I started with:

And where I am with it now:

Edit: It is still very much a 4x4, nothing has changed.

Also, No, I will not de-badge it and no I will not remove the chrome door trime.

Originally posted by Kielan
    Well dip me in shit and roll me in breadcrumbs...

This is so fucking cool. Looks mean as hell. Props for modding something brand new.
    Audi S5 daily | Audi UrS6 project | instagram @benznotmercedes

Comment

I like this....

Comment

I love it

Comment

awesome
          Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

You know, it's ok.

eh
            IG: ashtonlafleur

Comment

i like it. I also saw this somewhere

Comment

Many thanks, gentlemen.

Originally posted by Kielan
                Well dip me in shit and roll me in breadcrumbs...

Comment

you should debadge it and remove the chrome trim. Then you'd be money. hahahahaha. Naw, you're money. It looks good. I expected a fairly large portion of suck from this. No suck was found.
                  stanceworks: I don't really fit in.

Comment

These are really nice trucks, good buy

Comment

This is wild.

Comment

Damn that's awesome haha!
                        - '89 E30 M-Tech 2
                        - '10 TT RS
                        - '13 A3 SB

Comment

Black it out with plastidip! It's done before, we all know that, but it would look so badass imho!

Still love how you've done it so far!

Comment

holy shit! This is really the first time I've seen the new bodystyle and you made it look even more amazing! I love seeing people who have a great vision for cars and trucks alike. IMO it looks perfect the way it is, especially for a daily tow pig...not that going lower would hurt
                            1976 Volvo 245 Build

Comment

Working...
                            X