No announcement yet.

Corrado or M3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M3 is a much better car, it's an e36 so your going to want to put aside 1000 or so for maintenance and what not. If your handy you will be able to keep the cost down. For what corrado's are worth (atleast in ontario) you can grab an older e36 m3 which is better in so many ways, more power, way better handling, rwd, better interior, not as old. Corrado is cool if you like have a car that is very uncommen, but as you probably know, not that reliable.

I currently have a g60 corrado myself by the way. But only because it came up for the right price, I'll likely sell it after this summer and pick up an e36 m3, or another e30.

Comment

m3 all the way !

Comment

I say do some research and go look at the car so you know what your getting into.

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback everybody. I still haven't gotten a chance to really look at the car or call about it. And about the whole swap thing, I can pretty much tell you right now that I will never do an engine swap. I don't have the money, time, or skills to take on something like that and even though my engine is unreliable and less powerful I like the sound it makes. I'm still not really sure what I want to do though. I love BMWs, but I also love how unique my car is. I'm going to think about it some more and if I get a chance I'll call and ask about it. So regardless of what happens, thanks for the help guys.
          ///M 2.0
          G60 POWAR... never forget

Comment

Originally posted by schroedin View Post
            Shit, 158k isn't that much. My car just hit 229k and its still going strong
            my car has 308K hahah

Comment

Everyone talking about reliablilty and repairs on the m3 needs to go read up on g60s

G60s are cooler, but i think id take the e36m3. Of course the rearl winner is an e30 with the e36 m3's motor

Flickr

Comment

If you're against swapping in a vr6, buy the e36. If you're open to the idea of swapping in a 12v or 24v vr6... Definitely keep the Corrado. I've owned 6 VR Volkswagens... So long as the timing chains are done and the oil is changed regularly, the worst thing I've ran into is a couple weeks ago I blew a coolant hose. Not too bad considering it's a 17 year old car.

You could even do a 2.0L 16v swap and turbo it... Make more power and stay way more reliable than the g60. There are a lot of people who like the g60 motor... In my opinion, it was awesome for the time, but entirely too unreliable to be called an amazing motor. Look at the amount of years that motor was in production, versus the number of years the VR has been used and continues to be used.

Overall, I'd say go drive the m3 and decide on which you like more. I know from experience that BMW's are more expensive to maintain than any of my VR's have been, and that's with friends who work in parts departments on both sides. The e36 m3 is still one of my favorite cars of all time, but I wouldn't own one as my daily driver... I do daily my Corrado.

Some of my favorites of both...

Mine and a friends.
                Last edited by wRek; 03-27-2010, 10:15 AM.
                1995 AMG c36 / dirtbag.

Comment

Working...
                X