Groceries' grocery grabber - bagged e39 Touring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Groceries View Post
    Unfortunately I sold this car just outside of a year ago. But I can at least answer your questions.. The f9000's were pretty much a direct fit in place of the stock SLS bags. We did have to do some cutting/modifying on the car to make the f9000's bolt in flat. I would say that the ride was about the same. Had I not sold it, I would have probably replace the rear struts with something adjustable, or stiffer. The f9000's are a fair amount shorter than the stock system too, so aired up you'll be slightly lower than stock in the rear.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks for the reply. So the F9000's overall are shorter than the stock airsprings, and at full extension (fully aired up) the ride height is slightly lower than the stock ride height in the rear? That's good. Because then...to reach the same lowered driving ride height, theoretically the firestones should be at a higher pressure, and thus a slightly higher spring rate. That is ideal in my mind because ultimately I am designing my system with performance in mind. I don't only want a slow and low system. I want to be able to drive it, so a slightly firmer spring rate at ride height would be good. Will also definitely be looking to find some adjustable shocks to fit the Touring's rear shock location. Anyway, thanks again.
    Alvin Caragay
    '96 AC Schnitzer S3 Sport CLS Replica
    '02 BMW E39 540iT

Comment

Working...
    X