Livery Wheel: Urban Rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Livery Wheel: Urban Rally

We had the recent pleasure in working with the Stanceworks team to share a few words and photos about the adventures in driving a 2001 M Coupe through the winter months:

Short of rally lights and a co-driver, knobby tires and our Livery Protos were all we needed to navigate the cold and salt-covered streets this winter. We shot this short video one night in the Chicago underground:

This is Urban Rally:

Livery Wheel - Urban Rally 2014 from Livery Wheel on Vimeo.

Last edited by hexagone; 03-16-2014, 08:10 PM.

Livery Wheel

No offense to the BMW guys, but I think this is the ugliest BMW ever made. The setup in the video doesn't help much either

Comment

This is neat. I do like.

Comment

Love the clown shoe and the the winter shoes. The wheels and snow tires work well, especially being tall 16's.

Video would have lived up to "urban rally" if a little snow action was shown, doing a few dry donuts and downshift shots through some tunnels didn't seem to lend well.
        BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
        Originally posted by Ollie
        We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

Originally posted by daniel_lucian View Post
          No offense to the BMW guys, but I think this is the ugliest BMW ever made. The setup in the video doesn't help much either
          It may be ugliest BMW to some, but it is the most versatile bachelor car, its the only 2 seaters coupe I know that you can comfortably fit a dog in the trunk.

Comment

Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
            Love the clown shoe and the the winter shoes. The wheels and snow tires work well, especially being tall 16's.

Video would have lived up to "urban rally" if a little snow action was shown, doing a few dry donuts and downshift shots through some tunnels didn't seem to lend well.
            The car most likely still moved like a turd through heavy snow, and showing video of that would only reveal how wasteful a 3-piece winter wheel setup is.

Comment

Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
              The car most likely still moved like a turd through heavy snow, and showing video of that would only reveal how wasteful a 3-piece winter wheel setup is.
              It never got stuck, not even once

Anyway, you should try it sometime. We were able to carry about 35-40mph easily through city streets with heavy snow

Livery Wheel | Facebook | Instagram

E30 M3 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by f50nut View Post
                It never got stuck, not even once

Anyway, you should try it sometime. We were able to carry about 35-40mph easily through city streets with heavy snow
                I would, given the opportunity. Some video of the snow play would be great though, since most of us know how much fun it can be.

Comment

no offense, but how can you like the looks of the econobox you drive and think the bmw is ugly? not a rhetorical question, I'm actually curious

Comment

Originally posted by fivefourzero View Post
                    no offense, but how can you like the looks of the econobox you drive and think the bmw is ugly? not a rhetorical question, I'm actually curious
                    Don't get me wrong, I love BMW and I was only doing a comparison between the car in question here and other BMW models.

Oh, and I drive an econobox because that's what I can afford right now Plus that it's different

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I love BMW and I was only doing a comparison between the car in question here and other BMW models.

Oh, and I drive an econobox because that's what I can afford right now Plus that it's different
                      I wasn't trying to belittle it, I guess the euphemism can have negative connotations though

Comment

I'm not sure the video lived up to the hype level of the song. I was expecting something to happen at the drop and then it was 2 donuts and more straight driving. Cool idea though

Comment

Originally posted by bakerdd View Post
                          I'm not sure the video lived up to the hype level of the song. I was expecting something to happen at the drop and then it was 2 donuts and more straight driving. Cool idea though
                          This.
                          Nice job on the video though.
                          Love the car and winter set up

Comment

Working...
                          X