Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

8th VW-Speed.NL Midwintermeeting (Show report)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8th VW-Speed.NL Midwintermeeting (Show report)

8th VW-Speed.NL Midwintermeeting (7. March 2010)

Were has the time gone? I can still vividly remember when it was time for the 7th annual Midwintermeeting, organised by dutch VW-club VW-Speed.NL. Understandably, with these being very memorable shows. A year has passed and the 8th iteration of this show came and went. And like the ones before it, it was a show to remember.

In Europe, the dutch are known for holding some of the best shows. The MIVW event certainly comes to mind, along with several other notable shows. Among this mass of inspiring shows, the guys from VW-Speed.NL have managed to create a really unique event with their Midwintermeeting. Held for the eight time in as many years, it has pretty much reached cult status nowadays, with lots of people all over from the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany attending.

As usual with the dutch meetings, you get cars with all kinds of different styling, ranging from heavy checkbook builds to backyard rats cobbled together on the cheap. This year, the amount of truly outstanding cars was not as high as last year, but the quality of these outstanding cars definitely made up for it. More on some of these cars later.

To set the show further apart from other shows, there was not a typical show and shine contest, but rather a trophy for the ten most outstanding cars or people, what they called 'De Nekkenbreker Top 10' - in english 'The Neckbreaker Top 10'. These trophys came in the form of coin banks shaped like VW T1 busses with a plaque on them, stating the rank in the Nekkenbreker Top 10. One of these prices went to a Golf Mk3 VR6 Syncro Variant from Germany for the farthest journey to the show, having come from the depths of Bavaria. Another one went to a Jetta Mk2 because of it's insane poke and stretch - a 195 stretched like there's no tomorrow. And another one went to a group of guys, who ran around the show in attention grabbing 80ies style wigs and who danced around like crazy - true attention whores, I guess.

But enough of that for now, I know you guys want to see some pics instead of me rambling on and on!

One of the cleanest Mk2s I've seen in person.

I bet this thing goes like hell! 2.0 TFSI and DSG equipped sure sound like fun in a Mk2!

A rare sight today, car was mint!

Clean Jetta on a drool worthy set of Schmidt TH-Lines.

Always love seeing those Type 181s!

A new Polo already modified - this car has tons of potential!

Widened steels make for a spot on stance on this Mk3!

This is one of the cleanest Mk1s I have ever seen.

It really pulls of this look, absolutely timeless!

I think this one fell into a pot of paint... it's certainly unique and attention grabbing.

One of the cleanest Cabbys I have seen. 17" Hartmann splits make it look stunning!

And it's got an early Vento front end as well - can this Cabby get any better?

Nothing special, right?

Thought wrong. Rare 9x15 ATS Cups in the rear set this Mk1 apart!

I'm not usually a fan of extreme poke, but this one made it work.

Just look at this. Ridiculous!

This one was very clean and very low! I have a soft spot for Mk3s with a Mk3.5 front end.

This has got to be the cleanest Mk3 VR6 Syncro Variant ever. It could use some spacers, or even better yet some wider wheels, but it looks really classy!

Very nice to see a genuine Scirocco Tropic this well cared for and looking good like this!

For the full gallery, check the Flickr set:

Enjoy!

Last edited by Dr.AK; 03-15-2010, 05:54 PM. Reason: I'm a retard and can't spell. :shifty

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

cool pics. some nice cars

Comment

Sick pictures, quality thread.
      Originally posted by da3bous
      I want you to photoshop a giant penis down the side of my car

Comment

That black Mk3 is insane.
        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

The black variant and the white cabby are money!

Comment

Fooking clean cars!

Comment

Working...
            X