Yamaha YSR50 sport moped + Engine Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha YSR50 sport moped + Engine Swap

I just bought this thing from my friend/coworker, he gave me a killer deal on it and despite all my other vehicle projects and serious lack of space, I had to take this one on.

So it comes stock with a 50cc engine that makes around 8-10hp. If you haven't heard of one of these things, they were called a 'sport moped' lol.. This one has a reinforced swing arm, upgraded sprocket, geared to go 90mph, engine from a Kawasaki KX125, ported head + exhaust work. Should be putting out 40hp or so.

For now I have it in my apartment entryway, I'm going to put it in my bedroom and prep it for paint all winter. I need to do little things like wire in the headlight and brake light, fasten all the brake lines and wiring out of the way, perfect the mounting on the fairings (ghetto rigged right now,) and the goal is to ride it around when the snow melts next year and have it painted by the beginning of summer. It starts and runs right now and the carb was just rebuilt.

I've never owned a dirt bike, moped, 4 wheeler, or motorcycle before. I'm really happy I got to start with this happy little guy, they were only made for a few years and they're really hard to find in good shape stock, let alone modded up like this one. Apparently it's an ex-Mini GP bike hehehe

Only a few pics for now, took them last night the second we got it inside.

4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

cool but not sure why you posted it here

Comment

Originally posted by slurms mckenzie View Post
      cool but not sure why you posted it here
      It's a cool little thing that most people have never heard of, figured it was worth a share. I am so sorry.
      4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

So cool! Is it road legal?!

Comment

Lol badass. A guy flew past me in town on one of these a few years back. I wanted it so bad. It was obviously bigger than the mini 50cc crotch rockets, but also way smaller than a full size bike. Looked like a blast. I'd love to see it finished!

Comment

Originally posted by dylan. View Post
            So cool! Is it road legal?!
            Yes it is. Most states will require them (doesn't matter whether they're stock 50 or swapped 125) to be registered as a motorcycle. Besides that, all you need is headlight, tail light, and working brake light.
            4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

Badass! Love it

Comment

That looks like ssoo much fun.

Comment

Love it. So much better than a Ruckus.

Comment

fuck you. I love those things
                    Hatchbacks, wagons... It's NOT all the same. You want in? Don't get a mazda 3, get a mazda 6 wagon. Don't get a wrx get a legacy wagon. and theres a reason the A3 isn't called the A3 avant... Scion does not make a wagon it makes a weird van, but no wagons

Sincerely,
                    The Wagon Mafia:Inner Circle
                    P.S. Is your tail a wagon?

Show cars are lame.

Comment

SO AWESOME

Looks like a sports bike equivalent to a pitbike, perfect size for dicking around on
                      sigpic

Comment

A good friend of mine has one of these with a 125 dirt bike engine swapped in, its pretty sweet.

Nice find!

Flickr @michael_colby on instagram

Comment

Thats nuts, haha. 90mph would be so scary.

Comment

Working...
                          X