Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Brand is "Doing Work" In The Stance Scene?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tuck&Poke View Post
    Why does fitment have to have started for some other reason than people realized that it looks good? That's why i got into it. Not for any other reason other than it looks fuckin hard.

/rant
    This.

Comment

Originally posted by aar0n. View Post
      ^
      That TUV thing dates back decades so it obviously wouldn't/shouldn't have any effect on why you stretch your tires in the States today
      understood, but why do people assume that Europeans decades ago thought any differently about stance than people do today? Yes its a bit different than before because of progression, but that's the same with any scene. With that thought process then by power of deduction, there is the same law in Jersey, then that place should be a mecca of stance also, but its not because it has nothing to do with laws.

people started putting stretch and wide wheels on cars because it looked good, not because of laws. We need to accept this.

:edited cause i left something out
      Last edited by Tuck&Poke; 03-09-2010, 09:32 AM.

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck&Poke View Post
        understood, but why do people assume that Europeans decades ago thought any differently about stance than people do today? Yes its a bit different than before because of progression, but that's the same with any scene

people started putting stretch and wide wheels on cars because it looked good, not because of laws.
        Because TUV laws are really strict and Europe is legislation trigger-happy? Yes it's a style but the general consensus is that it was borne out of necessity. Is that necessarily the exact truth? Who knows, but it's wrong to say it came about only bc of style and not bc of laws when it could very well have been the case

Flickr

Originally posted by Kielan
        Oh FUCK YES, 6-10 inches for me this weekend. FUCK YES!

Comment

Originally posted by aar0n. View Post
          Who knows, but it's wrong to say it came about only bc of style and not bc of laws when it could very well have been the case
          agreed.

Originally posted by Longboarding_G
          you sir, win this battle.
          “Producing something of quality is obsessing over details nobody sees.”

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post
            I gotta say Euros in general.

The euro and japanese have been stancing to some degree for decades, but the euros were always more internationally present. The japanese scene's only really started to swap over internationally in the late 90ies, early 2000s. Back then it was also mostly VIP in terms of stanced cars that could be seen internationally, the other japanese styles have only slowly evolved in the past years, or at least gotten more present.

Euros, especially in Europe, have been doing it since I could think. I have been reading car magazines for as long as I could read, before then I even looked at them for just the pictures. For most of the past 20 years, europe has been stancing, except for the early 2000s, that's when most of europe started to follow the Fast and Furious trends with big ass spoilers and sunk in wheels, it's been getting less and less in the last 5 years though, and I'm glad for that.

In Germany the most obvious and visible scene has always been the Volkswagens, followed by Opel, BMW and lastly Ford.
            I would use the same words! So +1
            Forget about bad roads, forget about speedbumps, go as low as you can, 'cause low is a lifestyle!

Comment

Originally posted by Pure Euro
              Personally, I think the Volkswagen guys revolutionized the whole stance craze. Yeah, the VIP guys were probably the first to do it, but the VW crowd brought it to the main-stream.

I totally agree
              sigpic
              SteveO@OpenRoadTuning.com
              (888) 407-2997
              >>>OPENROADTUNING<<<
              >> CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEB STORE!! <<

Become a Fan!!

Homegrown Motorsports
              Blown Euros
              Wheel Whores

Comment

lol theres some funny explanations in here. especially lonestar22. i was like uhhh what???
                i think the euro scene definitely started it first. but these days the "vw look" is such a cookie cutter layout. slammed, stretched, poke like people said before. + a boxer style hood. lol im not ragging on any vw's but it isnt too often when you go WOW at a slammed vw. at least in ny anyways.
                what was a euro trend became huge in the import culture. and i think it looks nicer on japanese cars lolllll

Comment

Originally posted by OMG TSX View Post
                  slammed, stretched, poke
                  Isn't that what stance is?

Comment

Im voting JDM, even though VW's made me the person i am today, JDM cars and their owners have been slamming, stretching, and sliding for years.

Although in terms of my specific styling, i would say VW because most are alot cleaner then JDM cars i see today.

Comment

Gotta give props where props is due... VW is definitly where it blew up... hell those guys are usually the trendsetters. Just wish they'd come out with a normal coupe lol (non-hatch)

Comment

Working...
                      X