No announcement yet.

WidebodyQ pix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

+1, Agi is the Takahiro Taketomi of the United states LOL, He knows his shit when it comes to the scene . Gave me allot of inspiration
    sigpic
    http://libertyvip.wordpress.com/

Comment

Glad to see you here Agi, you prob don't remember me but I met you like 2 summers back at HIN in NYC. My e39 was parked next to Andres 500e. That was the first time I saw your car. Baddest VIP car i've seen in person hands down.

You should have someone professionally shoot that car in NY somewhere

Comment

so sick. don't think it could get any better.

Comment

Holy shit, probably my favorite VIP at the moment.
          Originally posted by da3bous
          I want you to photoshop a giant penis down the side of my car

Comment

Originally posted by The Golden Raspberry View Post
            damn that thing is hot...Id love to see that thing on the streets of the city
            Thanks. I used to daily drive it every day from 07-08. I had too many costly issues so I took all of 09 off. The car has been in my body shop since. It was getting to the point where the car would get towed atleast 2 times a month due to something breaking or a tire popping. It will be back out this summer along with the rest of my crew.

Originally posted by Presns3 View Post
            damn that shit is gangsta

Originally posted by Freddie0288 View Post
            LOVE the Q..without the Bentley lights...elegant and clean...the lights are creative and innovative, dont get me wrong...but this shit looks hard as it was..
            Awesome DRIVEABLE fitment..just badassss
            Thanks. I quickly grew bored of the look thats in these pics. While it was clean, it was too simple for me and wouldn't get the Japanese VIP scene attention. The scene over there is nothing like it is over here. It would turn a few heads but nothing like after the I re-did the entire car. Its hard to photograph the new look but 9 of 10 people that see it in person will tell you that it looks much better then the old look.

Originally posted by Neb View Post
            as soon as I saw the first pics I said to myself "Damn that's perfect"

Sick ride
            Thanks

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
            Agi- so glad you made it over here! Welcome bro.. Please stick around, and feel free to educate on how the VIP scene is done

Guys, not to build him up, but Agi goes probably harder then anyone stateside for daily driving.. he epitomizes living the "low lifestyle"... follow this man's posts and you will learn alot!
            Thanks, I appreciate it. I think I will stick around here for a little bit.

Originally posted by phillygs3 View Post
            +1, Agi is the Takahiro Taketomi of the United states LOL, He knows his shit when it comes to the scene . Gave me allot of inspiration
            Thanks. I wouldn't go that far, I am just a student of the game

Originally posted by 525iT_Feen View Post
            Glad to see you here Agi, you prob don't remember me but I met you like 2 summers back at HIN in NYC. My e39 was parked next to Andres 500e. That was the first time I saw your car. Baddest VIP car i've seen in person hands down.

You should have someone professionally shoot that car in NY somewhere
            Yea I remember you. I wasn't too drunk at that point lol. Thanks I really appreciate it. Your car was pretty clean and so was Andre's with the Futura's.

I am not much of a car show guy, that was the only car show I had ever done with my car. I cracked a strut on the way there which was why one wheel looked bo-legged. I had a couple photo shoots done. One was for RIDES magazine and the other was suppose to go to VIP style magazine in Japan but I never got a hold of those pics so my chance was blown.

Originally posted by two240s View Post
            so sick. don't think it could get any better.
            Too bad the car looks nothing like that any more lol. I get bored quick. I'll post some other pics when I get a chance

Thanks everyone
            Last edited by I.CON; 02-27-2010, 08:12 PM.
            We are not your average enthusiasts

Comment

Here is what the car looked like later on in the year. I redid the rear.

My tail light conversion, rear fender radius and inner fender tub, and shaved trunk with added body line work project from Winter 07

The 05-06 F50 Q45 (AKA after MC) tails are LED. They are also shaped differently and shorter in size. You suppose to swap out the entire trunk and bumper. I am really anal about certain things. The after MC trunk is shorter and less rounded. It also has inner trunk lights and 2 chrome trunk bars that are real small. I was not a fan so I decided to do it my way.

^Thats stock. I am not a huge fan. No disrespect to anyone with that trunk

Til this day, its the only conversion done this way using the 02-04 trunk in the world. Maybe because no one likes it or it is not worth the hassle for the minimal difference in looks especially since you can save the body work by swapping the newer trunk and bumper :shrug:

To me, real VIP is all about the little details that help bring together a car to make it look as if it could of came that way.

Notice the body line on the new tail lights

Had to make the quarter panel longer

Stock

the drivers side is the stock tail, the pass side is the after MC side. Notice the difference in shape and how the trunk doesnt fit.

Had to make the sides of the trunk longer. Notice the crease in the middle. Thats a body line added to make the tails look OEM. The trunk is aluminum and is the reason no one really messes with it. Aluminum is a unforgiving metal to work with. Most shops won't touch it. The rivets were later reinforced with fiberglass

Molded the inner trunk piece to the metal to give a clean Euro look that I was going for

Fenders were radiused meaning the archs were cut higher. In this case, I also had them pull them, Jaguar style in preperation for the Jaguar vents I would put on later in the year.

Finished product. The exhaust cut out on the bumper was filled in too in order to flow with the clean factory luxury flagship looking theame I was going for

We are not your average enthusiasts

Comment

Working...
              X