Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keeping it Rial. (Fitted E39 M5. Professional Shots)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hell yeah

Comment

I really like this a lot, good job.

Comment

Soooo cleannnn

Comment

Anuk, that's you, right?

Loving the new wheel+tire setup. Your paint cleaned up nicely after the Spring Cruise!
          Last edited by damonchoy; 07-26-2013, 09:49 PM.

Past: Fern Green E36 328iC, Imola E46 330ci M-Sport, Dunkelgruen E36 328i, Le Mans Sunset 350Z
          Current: 99 M3 Convertible - California Import, Estoril Blue, Dove Grey, Muffler Delete, Koni Coilovers

Comment

Noice! Just made me want to give me '46 a fresh coat of imola rather than matt sepang bronze

Comment

E39 + Imola at its best

Comment

And my pants got a bit tighter. Love the car and the pics.
                Sup. Call me Z.
                My Accord "build".

Comment

looks beast!

Comment

Thanks for the compliments, fellas.
                    Originally posted by vdubsunday View Post
                    Dem wide tires doe. Looks good!
                    Only 265s, lol.
                    Originally posted by Alexander View Post
                    Looks great, come check out Ertefa sometime.
                    I'm usually there on sunny Thursdays , parked with the Euro crowd.
                    Originally posted by daniel_lucian View Post
                    So simple, yet so amazing.
                    OEM+ all the way!
                    Originally posted by STERLING View Post
                    Gorgeous. Absolutely perfect. Do you mind sharing the specs? I picked up an E39 M recently, and I'm going for pretty much the exact same setup.
                    19x10 and 19x11 w/ 255/30/19 and 265/30/19 Michelins, offset in R is +27, can't remember front (low teens).
                    Originally posted by damonchoy View Post
                    Anuk, that's you, right?

Loving the new wheel+tire setup. Your paint cleaned up nicely after the Spring Cruise!
                    Yup. Thanks man, it took two full days of paint restoration to clean up all those ghastly swirls. See you at Bimmercruise.
                    Last edited by asb9987; 07-28-2013, 05:00 PM.

'02 ///M5 Imola Red / Imola Red |||| '09 335i Alpine White / Coral Red

Comment

Absolutely bonkers

Comment

Originally posted by asb9987 View Post
                        Yup. Thanks man, it took two full days of paint restoration to clean up all those ghastly swirls. See you at Bimmercruise.
                        Did you do the paint restoration yourself or did you have it done somewhere? If it's the former, great job! If it's the latter, where? I promised myself I wouldn't get into it but the swirls on my 'vert's finish are driving me insane.

I might see you at Bimmercruise if I can get the time off work. If not, I'll hopefully see you at the Fall Cruise. One or the other, I hope, although I might not be able to get time off for either one, which would suck.

Past: Fern Green E36 328iC, Imola E46 330ci M-Sport, Dunkelgruen E36 328i, Le Mans Sunset 350Z
                        Current: 99 M3 Convertible - California Import, Estoril Blue, Dove Grey, Muffler Delete, Koni Coilovers

Comment

Originally posted by damonchoy View Post
                          Did you do the paint restoration yourself or did you have it done somewhere? If it's the former, great job! If it's the latter, where? I promised myself I wouldn't get into it but the swirls on my 'vert's finish are driving me insane.

I might see you at Bimmercruise if I can get the time off work. If not, I'll hopefully see you at the Fall Cruise. One or the other, I hope, although I might not be able to get time off for either one, which would suck.
                          I did it all myself. The sheer amount of hours (17+) it required to take out alllll the swirls (well, there are still some left but it's a 90% improvement from before) would've probably cost me $500-$700 from a reputable detailer. I figured it's a better decision to invest in the tools and products at less than half the price and do it myself.

With a Random Orbital Polisher (ie PC7424XP) and the correct pads/polish, it's basically fool-proof; you shouldn't be worried at all. I actually got brave and used a sanding machine in addition to the PC7424 to get rid of the tougher swirls/scratches, if you understand the principles behind the process you'd be hard pressed to screw up the clear coat.

So yeah, get the tools and bust those swirls! It's a painfuly arduous labor of love, but the end results are worth it.

'02 ///M5 Imola Red / Imola Red |||| '09 335i Alpine White / Coral Red

Comment

tough

Comment

i wish i could find an m5 in the imola color...beautiful car.

Comment

That is a nice looking car that I would drive.

Comment

Working...
                                X