new wheels and stance (e28 content)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new wheels and stance (e28 content)

let me know what you guys think. also i have a problem/question. ever since the drop my front wheels shake left and right when i get above 50mph. is it an alignment issue or maybe a worn bushing? idk. anyway pics!!!

alright guys so thats it. i doubt a lot else will go into this car, but we will see

wow this is nice! I usually don't like mass produced wide steelies vs custom made widened ones.... But damn DR looks so good here! I love this e28 on the steelies!

Steel is Real!
    IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

That looks sick man, Whats the specs on the wheels?

Sort out the diving boards!

Comment

Wheel and tires specs are 16x10 - 5(front to clear the shock tube) +0(rear) tires are 205/50/16. I had to roll and pull, but not as much as I thought I would. I know I need to fix the fenders and tuck the rear bumper but before that happens I need to fix this front end shake. Thanks for the kind words guys

Comment

Front end shake is likely due to worn out upper control arms (and likely just a front end in general) and the heavy diamond racing steelies will only make it seem worse.

Comment

budge build look..... i like it

Comment

Thanks moose I will order some and try it.

Comment

Originally posted by notsolow View Post
                Wheel and tires specs are 16x10 - 5(front to clear the shock tube) +0(rear) tires are 205/50/16. I had to roll and pull, but not as much as I thought I would. I know I need to fix the fenders and tuck the rear bumper but before that happens I need to fix this front end shake. Thanks for the kind words guys
                is the hub bore correct on the wheels?
                IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

I don't know, but I think diamonds wheels are centered on the bolts. If you have hubcentrics, wouldn't that make it shake, if the center isn't really center. I know they say you need to have a special balancer and you can't use a center bore style balancer... correct me if I am wrong... but it sounds like a balance problem...

Comment

Originally posted by jproctor43 View Post
                    I don't know, but I think diamonds wheels are centered on the bolts. If you have hubcentrics, wouldn't that make it shake, if the center isn't really center. I know they say you need to have a special balancer and you can't use a center bore style balancer... correct me if I am wrong... but it sounds like a balance problem...
                    this! is probably it!
                    IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

damn, those steelies belong on that car, love it man!

Instagram: @half_lung

Comment

There not hub centric get rings or studs and that'll fix your wobble
                        Follow on IG
                        amgwheelwhore

Buy my wheels
                        Vintage AME Wheels
                        RUF Speedline Wheels

Buy my cars
                        W115 & W123

Comment

Thanks so much guys. I didn't even think about them not being hubcentric. I guess the stockies will have to go back on for the time being. Where can I get the rings or the studs

Comment

I don't think you need either. I think what you need is to find a shop that has a lug centric balancer. they are out there but are hard to find. most shops use hub centric balancers. I think vw shops and porsche shops use them... Oh and by the way your car looks great.

Comment

You can pick up a set of rings on eBay for next to nothing. You don't want to have to get them balanced every time you take the wheels off.

- #lolsvx
                              - Instagram: @brothadavid

- 1992 pearl white Subaru SVX
                              - First bagged SVX in the world
                              - Aftermarket transmission cooler
                              - Red/black checkered flannel headliner
                              - Custom made subwoofer box in spare tire
                              - (Modified to fit) 05-07 STi Airlift performance struts
                              - 18x9 JNC 005 wheels with 225/40/18's
                              - Nardi woodgrain gara type 3 steering wheel
                              - Train horn

Comment

Working...
                              X