FaKe WhEeLs ArE FaKe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BreadBaskett View Post
    This is an interesting thought... Why hasn't BBS made RS's that are one piece and put their brand on it making it affordable for those who spend their money elsewhere on priorities. This would A) Still support the "real" companies and B) Make those happy who are buying the wheels, happy at the fact that it's a true BBS and not a chinese no-name replica.
    I'd love to see BBS come out with one piece RS's, that would definitely make more business for them and would fit a lot more people's budget. If more companies were willing to make cast versions of some of their popular wheels, then they would flourish quite a bit more than the companies that make reps. Another thing would be if they would make wheels in the not so popular bolt patterns that a lot of rep companies tend to cater to, with a wider range of offsets and widths to increase interest from more people.

Comment

This is an interesting thought... Why hasn't BBS made RS's that are one piece and put their brand on it making it affordable for those who spend their money elsewhere on priorities. This would A) Still support the "real" companies and B) Make those happy who are buying the wheels, happy at the fact that it's a true BBS and not a chinese no-name replica.
      I know exactly what you mean I'm still waiting for Porsche to come out with a sub $25,000 911.

build thread?

Comment

• Fuck buying reps. Never bought a set, and never will.

Save up till you get what you want. It's worked for me, see the M in the sig...yeah hard work, been on my feet since I was 11yrs old and now at 21 got my "dream car".

So no excuses about not having money or whatever. Everyone is so caught up in having shit right now this instant, fucking wait it out and do it right.
        I dislike Byron.

Comment

• Originally posted by got splits? View Post
          Fuck buying reps. Never bought a set, and never will.

Save up till you get what you want. It's worked for me, see the M in the sig...yeah hard work, been on my feet since I was 11yrs old and now at 21 got my "dream car".

So no excuses about not having money or whatever. Everyone is so caught up in having shit right now this instant, fucking wait it out and do it right.
          Agreed man.

A year ago I thought that 3 piece wheels were too much money. Now in the past year Ive owned over 35 sets. Its addicting for one, but the quality and satisfaction from dealing with bbs, work and other wheels is a true pleasure.

Also, I have made tens of thousands of dollars in profit this year alone, because there are PLENTY of good deals out there, you just have to look.
          @sd262 - instagram

Comment

• Originally posted by Icana4dit View Post
            Agreed man.

A year ago I thought that 3 piece wheels were too much money. Now in the past year Ive owned over 35 sets. Its addicting for one, but the quality and satisfaction from dealing with bbs, work and other wheels is a true pleasure.

Also, I have made tens of thousands of dollars in profit this year alone, because there are PLENTY of good deals out there, you just have to look.
            Damn, that's amazing, how do I get in on something like that?

And I'll rather stay on stock steelies than mess with reps. I'm still worried about getting my Alti low as it is... I'll deal with wheels later.
            '94 Nissan Altima GXE
            '00 Ford Mustang GT | Domestic-Bunny

I make music and gaming videos in Cali. @ktfright

youtube.com/ktfright | ktf.bandpage.com

Comment

• Originally posted by got splits? View Post
              Everyone is so caught up in having shit right now this instant, fucking wait it out and do it right.
              all this, I used to be that way, now I'd rather just wait it out, stockpile cash and get it all done right the first time around. Not that I should be dumping stupid amounts of money in cars anymore lol

Comment

Not RS, but similar concept with what was popular in the mid-late 90s. "ASA by BBS"

IG: @stancejay

Comment

• Originally posted by bobbyjones View Post
                  I know exactly what you mean I'm still waiting for Porsche to come out with a sub $25,000 911.
                  Lost it.

BBS have plenty of one piece mesh designs.....
                  Originally posted by anth
                  Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxer View Post
                    Lost it.

BBS have plenty of one piece mesh designs.....
                    x2 on both issues here. Haha.

Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
                    That being said, the main argument here is idea and design theft, not whether a knockoff wheel is going break easier than a original.
                    Originally posted by SD202 View Post
                    Yes support authenticity was the main point! many people here dont actually read post once they see more than two sentences it seems like.
                    This.

Originally posted by got splits? View Post
                    Everyone is so caught up in having shit right now this instant, fucking wait it out and do it right.
                    Go America. :|
                    Last edited by keeton; 03-10-2013, 11:19 AM.

Comment

• [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUsLOJmWXNo"]weds Emergency!! Imitation Wheels Are Dengerous!!! - YouTube[/ame]

As mentioned before save up, get quality.

Comment

• I, like some of you other poor people ITT, could not afford an expensive set of wheels.

So I did the proper thing and waited patiently for a used set to pop up in my price bracket. Fuck reps, I will never run them. Reps are for people who make excuses for being impatient. Just save your pennies like the rest of us for the real deal instead of enabling ripoff businesses to keep functioning.

1997 BMW 328is Alpine White // Dove Grey
                        ZF Swapped | 3.23 LSD | FK Coilovers | 17x8.5 Borbet Type C | 75mm Wheel Studs | 12mm Vorshlag Spacers | 5000k HIDs | Euro Taillights | Suede Headliner/Pillars

Comment

• I bought a set of 2 piece bbs 17" for $150 yesterday. There is no reason anybody should be buying replica wheels because they are cheaper.

Comment

• the thing i dont get is yes i can understand how reps are not good quality but at the same time, work, bbs, volk, and almost every other "real" wheel have reps of each other.

you have work meisters that look just like ssr sp1's, and so on.

reps are everywhere.

Instagram: @half_lung

Comment

• Originally posted by scweet14 View Post
                              the thing i dont get is yes i can understand how reps are not good quality but at the same time, work, bbs, volk, and almost every other "real" wheel have reps of each other.

you have work meisters that look just like ssr sp1's, and so on.

reps are everywhere.
                              Look just like? So EXACTLY alike?

SSR SP1s spokes are flatter compared to Work Meisters.

SSR SP1s bolts are between the spokes while Work Meisters have bolts between spokes.

Main Page - Facebook - Flickr - Instagram - Twitter
                              Originally posted by Oxer
                              You know who Jason is? Anyone here read the Bible or know most of the stories etc? Who's the guy that stands at the gate and decides if you get into heaven or not? That's Jason. He processes everyone in the intro threads and welcomes them.
                              Originally posted by Average_Jerk
                              Also you relinquish all of your rights by posting in RT. You can be banned at any time for no reason at all.

Comment

• Yeah they look similar but they aren't trying to be the same thing. There are only so many designs you can come up with for a round object that has to have a certain degree of symmetry to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X