FaKe WhEeLs ArE FaKe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BreadBaskett View Post
    It sounds like a good idea on paper, but when a wheel bends in two or cracks into two and destroys an entire side of your car then you regret not spending that extra money on quality parts. You pay for quality or pay the consequences.
    No first hand testimonies of this happening, but I've seen pics of rep bbs lm and real bbs lm both failing. doesn't just happen to reps

Comment

I don't mind reps, hell I'm on Rotas and I've never had an issue. Driven across the country on em, curbed them a few times and hit quite a few potholes, no cracks, bends or air leaks. As long as no one claims to have real wheels when they're on reps I don't care. Wheel fitment is nice though.

Comment

Originally posted by yoshioka90 View Post
        show me a picture of a 3500 wheel racking right through the spokes
        http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...ers-x-2-a.html

Comment

Originally posted by mrx928 View Post
          No first hand testimonies of this happening, but I've seen pics of rep bbs lm and real bbs lm both failing. doesn't just happen to reps
          Yes, but it happens more often to replica wheels. Like I stated earlier, you get what you pay for. And quality doesn't come cheap...
          Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by BreadBaskett View Post
            Yes, but it happens more often to replica wheels. Like I stated earlier, you get what you pay for. And quality doesn't come cheap...
            I can agree with that. Certainly you do get what you pay for. I'm just trying to put another perspective out there. I daily my car and don't track it. The most abuse my wheels have seen are high speed cornering and bad encounters with potholes. I put my MB battles through the courses of daily abuse for the past 3 years. Not a bend, not a crack, nada.

I guess with any wheel company you will run a have of product defects. Not knowing how many busted "real" wheels out there vs busted up Rotas, as an example, from an anecdotal perspective rota wheels don't have that bad a fail ratio, given that there are just so many sets out there on the market...comparatively speaking than to let's day Works wheels or CCWs etc...

Here's another good thread for reading purposes.

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/gd-tires...els-bad-3.html

But really I don't care what people buy. Just buy whatever the heck you can afford. I say, for the most part of street driving, your probability of getting a disintegrating wheel is fairly low.
            Last edited by mrx928; 03-06-2013, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mrx928 View Post
              I can agree with that. Certainly you do get what you pay for. I'm just trying to put another perspective out there. I daily my car and don't track it. The most abuse my wheels have seen are high speed cornering and bad encounters with potholes. I put my MB battles through the courses of daily abuse for the past 3 years. Not a bend, not a crack, nada.

I guess with any wheel company you will run a have of product defects. Not knowing how many busted "real" wheels out there vs busted up Rotas, as an example, from an anecdotal perspective rota wheels don't have that bad a fail ratio, given that there are just so many sets out there on the market...comparatively speaking than to let's day Works wheels or CCWs etc...

Here's another good thread for reading purposes.

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/gd-tires...els-bad-3.html

But really I don't care what people buy. Just buy whatever the heck you can afford. I say, for the most part of street driving, your probability of getting a disintegrating wheel is fairly low.
              Well put and well spoken. You certainly paid attention in English class.
              Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by croma_man View Post
                I have a special place for replica wheels at my shop

http://vimeo.com/60915357

i guess BBS will give me a 5% cash discount on the next buy
                I want 1.30 of my life back plz.

1988 300zx-t

Comment

These are Magnesium centers, they will crack.

///M3 drivers have no friends! -Jeremy Clarkson....

Comment

Real Wheels Dont Make Real PPL tho!..... as we can see...... Sucks for Reps tho, but the car sits tits!
                    IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

All you people who run reps and justify it by. "when it cracks ill buy another one and still spend less" have clearly never ran real wheels. Or else the tune of your alls story would be far different. I know from first hand experience that most of the time a real wheel cracks or bends its repairable. When it happens to a replica wheel the damage is catastrophic. The end.
                      C280 Build Thread
                      C43 ///AMG Build Thread
                      E320 Wagon Build Thread

Follow me on Instagram:@SD_210

Comment

I have ran nothing but reps up until recently when I bought my Gotti's. I never really had an issue but it just hurt my heart running them haha.Used my Linea Corse wheels at the drag strip, and drifted on varrstoens without a problem.

Comment

To be fair there are good and bad reps but even genuine rims can fail.

Comment

Originally posted by SD202 View Post
                            [IG]http://distilleryimage11.s3.amazonaws.com/a1676950854211e2995622000a1f9812_7.jpg[/IMG]

did someone say ESM's
                            lol this is rough
                            [URL="http://bagriders.com/modlab/"][COLOR="MediumTurquoise"][B]BagRiders[/B][/COLOR][/URL]

Comment

i havent run real wheels yet but once i do i will still use reps for daily driving so that way if i curb them i wont care. i would prefer to run real wheels all the time but my budget doesnt let me do so:/

Instagram: @half_lung

Comment

Originally posted by scweet14 View Post
                                i havent run real wheels yet but once i do i will still use reps for daily driving so that way if i curb them i wont care. i would prefer to run real wheels all the time but my budget doesnt let me do so:/
                                If you have a problem with curbing wheels, then stop driving.
                                BMW E38
                                That White Evo
                                -SOLD
                                instagram @kbuss
                                flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X