No announcement yet.

The Loss of a Friend.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video actually made me sad! Sorry to see that thing go, always looked forward to browsing for pictures of it! Definitely an awesome E28...
    HAI GUISE

Comment

• Reading this thread makes me really emotional.
      It's amazing to see how a car can produce such reactions in peoples.
      Really makes me realise how attached I've become to my own car... this is finally "the" car I feel at home in. I simply can't imagine ever selling it or something, it's become a part of me. I can't imagine what it must feel like to have the car "ripped" from you like that.

Crazy? Maybe. Obsessed? For sure.

And I bet if some non-car person were to read this thread, we'd all be commited to the asylum.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

• Mike, this is truly a sad story, and all about ahunk of metal. Rusty was one helluva car, and he was THE center of the Stance movement.A big segment of the automotive world revolved around him, and I am sure it will do the same for his successor.

Goodbye, Rusty. You were great.

And to whomever follows Rusty,

You've got some big-ass; tetanus-infested shoes to fill. But Mike will make you special.

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right.

Your blast pipes look stupid.

Comment

• bummer man.

Canon, Fuji, Mamiya, Minolta + Pentax.

Comment

• cant believe rustys gone :|

i have to admit i LOVE the oil rubbed look, probably more than rusty.

Comment

• Thanks for the kind words everyone. Truly appreciated. Wish I could comment on everyone individually- but I mean a thank you to every one of you.

Pulled the motor out today. Almost 400k miles strong. Still pulled like an ox.

Comment

• Comment

• damn... thats a champ for having 400+ thousand miles

Comment

• Had to make a wall paper for the desk top

"I am strangely comfortable with it"

Comment

• thats bad ass Dave

Comment

• Damn Mike I am sorry for ur lose. I am glad i had the privilege of seeing rusty in person.

Comment

• Rusty, I'm going to miss you bud. It feels you were a personal friend, not an inanimate object. I'm going to miss reading your dad Mike's updates about you, gonna miss seeing the photo updates, gonna miss everything about you. I hope you're enjoying dragging around in car heaven, scraping up those streets of gold.

RIP

Comment

• Long live Rusty!

Comment

• Originally posted by punkhop83 View Post
                              damn... thats a champ for having 400+ thousand miles
                              A true testament to older BMW engineering; some of the best in automotive history, IMO.
                              Originally posted by TheWanderer View Post
                              Long live Rusty!
                              QFtruth and enlargement.

LONG LIVE RUSTY!!!

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right.

Your blast pipes look stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post
                                Reading this thread makes me really emotional.
                                It's amazing to see how a car can produce such reactions in peoples.
                                Really makes me realise how attached I've become to my own car... this is finally "the" car I feel at home in. I simply can't imagine ever selling it or something, it's become a part of me. I can't imagine what it must feel like to have the car "ripped" from you like that.

Crazy? Maybe. Obsessed? For sure.

And I bet if some non-car person were to read this thread, we'd all be commited to the asylum.
                                If you have not seen it yet check out Love the Beast. Great car movie.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                I was born with nothing and still have most of it left

Comment

Working...
                                X