The Loss of a Friend.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• g'day from Australia Mike

I've been reading these forums for a while, as with a lot of people, first pointed here thanks to your e28

firstly i'd like to say that there was no incarnation of your car that i didn't like. a couple pf years back i was first introduced to 80s bmws by a friend of mine. he had a 5 speed e28 528i, which as a 17 year old with an r31, i thought seemed ridiculously fast for what it was. as i learnt a little more, i still liked the e28 in a huge way, but eventually ended up spending waay too much money on my r31 skyline (read: over $25,000 US over ~5 years). in the end, i had to scrap it, as regardless of all the cash spent, it simply got to a point where it wasn't viable as a drive car at all

that probably seemed a little long winded and irrelevant, but the point remains. i love e28s, and i know what it's like to have to get rid of a car you love more than anything ever. as such, you have my condolances, and i look forward to seeing what you create next.

peace out

-lysdexia of www.r31skylineclub.com

Comment

• I saw the post on BF.com and replied there.

The end of an era is the appropriate term here.

Good bye Rusty.

*Click Sigpic For Journal*

Comment

• damn. so sorry to hear man...
        - Jon

Comment

• my condolences

i tip my i-phone for you

Comment

• damn mike sorry to see it go, can't wait to see ur next project tho

but damn that was an emotional ass video, but i liked it!

Comment

• Pass the 40oz and lets toast to our loss friend..

This is "40oz." by Cyrus Mohebi on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them.

Contact me if you are interested in DPE Wheels edafe@dpe-wheels.com

Comment

• Rust in peace

Originally posted by Moose
                And roof racks with random shit on it, stop that.

Comment

• damn Mike, I didn't realize all this was going down, sorry to hear about this. I saw the video before I saw this thread........sick video too btw....i'm sure you will find a new love........
                  sigpic

to purchase Authentic Tee's please PM me. And click the link below on my blog to see the shirt designs....

Follow Me: http://jluphotography.blogspot.com/

Comment

• ...on a different note you need to do more videos! Damn that really captured the mood.

Comment

• RIP Rusty, like many have said this car was the reason I joined StanceWorks, and really showed me that you can still have a truly unique car even in todays world.
                      - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Plans for a new one? I'm sure you have some secret shit up your sleeve as always.
                        Originally posted by da3bous
                        I want you to photoshop a giant penis down the side of my car

Comment

• R.I.P Rusty. Will always be remembered as one of(if not the) baddest E28 ever.
                          3000GT-Clean daily project.

Comment

• Originally posted by Minuki View Post
                            This car made me join StanceWorks. Sad to hear it's gone.
                            This.
                            Rusty will be missed.

Comment

• One day a few months ago I left work in franklin headed home and I saw out of the corner of my eye a car that had just passed me going the opposite way. This car was amazing.. Rusty body, super super nice rims, perfect stance, and most of all.. how aggressive it looked with the design on the side. I searched and asked around to find out what or whos this car was. Finally I was recommended to stanceworks. This whole site is so amazing and inspirational. And if it werent for that split second I noticed Rusty driving into town, I would have never found this site. So too Rusty and Mr. Burroughs I say thank you.
                              RIP Jules
                              Photo:Konky Photography

Comment

• ...A few days ago, my best friend slipped through my hands, so to speak. Gracefully sliding my way over a speed bump, shit went to hell...

A tear came to my eye and the first thing thought that came to mind was "Sucks to roll hard."

Comment

Working...
                                X