Clear All

• Ive come to this conclusion...

RUSTY CANT DIE!
    IT CANT.

It wont.
    It will NOT!

Mike....
    I feel you man.

Rusty changed my whole outlook on the way to do a car, you and youre amazing work. seriously biggest Inspirations.

You and Rusty showed me that you dont build a crowd pleaser, you do what pleases you.

Comment

• damn dude. i really **** this. im just now commenting in this thread bc i didnt know what to say and i still really dont. i enjoyed seeing your car and the progress it made from that beautiful blacked out pristine e28 to the rusty work of art that it is so well known for. i wish i could have seen it in person. im sorry you are losing such a huge part of you but it will always be remembered. i cant wait to see your next project! RIP rusty

Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion
      Things made of metal can be remade, but flesh and bone cannot be replicated. Not even by Rota.
      Originally posted by Kielan
      VW kids go to Hondas, Honda kids go to BMW, BMW kids stick with BMW because they are the best.
      ///stanceworks\\\

Comment

• Loved this car, I enjoyed being on your side over at bf.c and cheering you on. I'm sure the next project will be just as cool.

Carl
        E53 4.4 Sterling Gray Metallic
        E36 M3 Mugello rot
        GEN2 TUNDRA CM
        https://instagram.com/carlmichaeljohnson/

Comment

• r.i.p. rusty, it sucks to see such an iconic car meet its end. I remember all the evolutions of the car all the way back to the very beginning when it was just a clean e28. I cant wait to see whats coming next from you Mike.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
            Cant be too bummed, the car is one of the most famous cars of the internet. Lived a very full and complete life.
            This.
            -Brandon
            E46 No More..
            Her Concise History:
            http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=778655

Comment

• Originally posted by WhiteStripes View Post
              I think the saddest part of this is that I know there are people out there who are going to be ecstatic to see this thing go. No one understood what the car was or what it embodied. They just saw it as some rusted out POS that was a waste of an e28. Not many of them realized that it was a totaled car that had been reborn as something new.
              What about people like me, who did know about it getting totalled, it brought back, and thinking it looked like shit still?

Sorry for your loss man, but I'm glad it's gone, the stance was wicked sick, but the rust was SO stupid. Let's hope that fad ends with the 'passing' of your chariot.

That said, the WWII bomber look was pretty swish.

"Everything has potential."

Comment

• Like many others (that I saw while reading this thread) this news prompted me to join StanceWorks. The post-accident incarnations of this car ventured beyond my taste but I can appreciate the creativity that became "Rusty". More importantly what drew me to this BMW was the way it embodied what has seemingly gone missing from the automotive hobby. I am a lurker on many car forums that seem to have drowned in pissing contests (e-thugs), competition (who has the best of what), and money (cars born from unlimited budgets). Mike's car, as well as the StanceWorks community, is a beautiful example that is none of these things while representing this hobby as an experience; having fun and enjoying both the cars and people!

Comment

• I loved everything about this car... it brought the ***** out in the most creative people. I loved it, I really wish there was a way to save her. Not to be a douche but you will never be able to build another car with as much character that this car possessed.

R.I.P Rusty

Visit my blog! It needs some freinds...http://yummystreetcandy.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                    Mike and I have talked in depth about the condition of Rusty... in the end, there was just too many obstacles to overcome, to bring her back to life. I kid you not, this car was the most fun car I have ever driven. I've had a E46 M3, I've driven Z06's, Vipers, M5's, etc... none of them compared to driving Rusty, with her racing cam and cut off exhaust. Car sounded like something you would hear at a F1 track. I know you probably think I'm being outlandish, but I'm being dead serious.. never have laughed or been so happy driving a car. The motor is really strong, and Nic and Steph are gonna love it. I guess Rusty will live on in that regard.

It truly is a sad day for StanceWorks. Like someone else mentioned.. this car was more then just a hunk of metal.. it embodied everything that is StanceWorks. I'm trying to convince Mike to keep it so we can immortalize it in a shop or something, but more then likely she will get a proper burial in a junk yard.

RIP Rusty.
                    Amen.
                    Originally posted by anth
                    Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

• i'll never forget the night i met both mike and rusty. that is the one time i've ever seen someone who had a car that described them to a t. the artistic eye is one that is not developed, but one that is gifted from birth. i personally hope it doesn't go into a general junkyard, but instead finds a happy place in some random middle of nowhere field to enjoy it's eternal days.

here is a reference picture.

Comment

• This car made me join StanceWorks. Sad to hear it's gone.

Comment

• Single handedly the reason I own oldschool boxy BMW's. I knew of this car before I knew of this site. It has been my wallpaper for six months. Just so original, so unique. Sad to see it go my friend, looking forward to what's ahead.
                          I like my women like I like my whiskey, 14 years old and all mixed up in coke.

Comment

• RIP rusty..
                            TUA/EP3

Comment

• that chevy looks chopped, wheres it at?

Comment

• I heard this is shenanigans.

rusty is actually @ DR.90210 for some nips and tucks

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Working...
                                X