Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics of the frame damage or it didn't happen. J/K

May I make a suggestion.

Mike, don't send it to the scrapheap just yet, stick it in the darkest corner of your garage, maybe throw a cover over it. Just so you know it is there. Then let these two words float around in your head for a whle...

.....tube frame........

Comment

• Wish I had seen this in person.

Comment

• What a loss...RIP

I had to join just to say that. Sad to see it go. I know I feel like I haven't been the same since I bought an e28 five years ago. After about a year it was like, no other car will do. Ever. Rusty has been an inspiration through all the iterations ever since my first sighting on flickr. Good to know some parts will live on in other e28s breathing in that open road!

Comment

• Well that sucks. Rusty is one of the main cars that got me into the stance train of thought.
          Wut?

Comment

• Sorry to hear it man. I remember the first time I saw Rusty in PBMW. That car will always be one of the most epic cars of all time in my book. Everything happens for a reason; the next project will come to you, if it hasn't happened already.

Comment

• Sad to see it go. It's been fun to watch Rusty transform over time. I'm glad I got to see it in person at SOTU! I'm sure you'll have more sick project cars in the future

Comment

• haha, funny how i never saw your car IRL nor have i ever met you, but i somehow feel a bit sad through everything that's happened to both you and Rusty. Sucks for the loss man. It was honestly one of my fav modded bmws i had ever seen pictures of. I'm glad to see that your photography truely made this car justice.

Certain things don't exactly made sense through other people's eyes, but regardless of whether people liking your car's looks or not, i reckon all car fans understand a little part of that sad feeling we get when that inanimated piece of steel and rubber simply... fades away.

Let's see what Burroughs will bring now then! Good luck with all of that man.

Comment

• I ees een jur cambers, nomnomin on jur tairs

Comment

• such a bummer

Comment

• I also remember the first time I saw your car at bimmerforums, it amazed me at how the combination of all the parts made a truly original whole. From the teeth to the rust it was a definite eye opener in a very good way. RIP for sure. you should frame your favorite photo of rusty and hang it in your house proudly...
                      *2001 E46 M3 Oxford Green Metallic II-Cinnamon*

*AST*Work*VRS*UUC*RE*Apex*Scorza*SS*Brembo*

Comment

• Car was insane!

Comment

• damn mike, i **** to hear that.

cars become extensions of who we are, they can help shape us who we are and honestly, if it werent for my car i wouldn't have made the friends i have now.

that video was very powerful. sad day man, but that car is seriously legend.

but seriously, that car was driven and not just set in the garage to take cool pictures of. its almost a proper death for the car.
                          2001 Honda S2000

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.

Comment

• I rusted the hood of my e30 a couple weeks ago, rusty was the inspiration. **** to hear this.

Comment

• I remember when Rusty was on Type As and H&R Sports. Sucks that it had to end that way, but it definitely had a good run.

-1993 535i/5 NA-T

Comment

• RIP Rusty I hope you come back soon!
                                STANCEWORKS!

Comment

Working...
                                X