Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PavelK313 View Post
    How?
    sometimes we use other struts (i.e from other cars) as well and modify the actual fitment and placement, since other struts (could be aftermarkets or from other cars) are shorter than the oem cars, or we can mix and match between struts with the OEM and others (actually removing struts from other cars and putting them inside the OEM's). Dont ask me how they do it, they just do it...its more like an experimental thing, sometimes they work sometimes they dont.

like i said, we make things work down here at a fairly good price and usually way cheaper than doing it the "proper way", and it works for many of us.

The main reason we do this is because tax is a very big thing here, people do it this way because it would cost three or even as much to get proper coilovers even for cars, it just doesnt make sense for many of us. For example: a 530i 2004 it would cost us almost 16 grand, with that amount of money..we can get e55 w210 AMG's 2002?an evo VIII? 540i m-sport package in the US.

I guess this is what we call build on a budget.

my current set up is cut on Lorinser springs with bilstein shocks from BMW's.

Other example, my car has both 5x112 and 5x120 (no adapters), it was something that i have never seen it been done while i was in college for 4.5 years in the US and while i was in the whole VW scene. Things like this is kinda rare in the US, but in here its quite common and u can get it done for 150 bucks max since labor are very cheap as well. I stretched my tires using a long piece of cloth dipped in a bucket of water...because cheetah blaster do not exist here, ill post pics or even video when i have the chance.
    Last edited by blink_me92; 12-10-2012, 11:25 AM.

Comment

I never thought I'd see a E39 on cut springs, from another E39 owner I completely disprove of this.
      1981 300TD 4 speed
      2000 BMW M5

Mike Finnelly
      , on Flickr
      IG @michaelfinnelly

Comment

My sarcasm went way over your head. Also, if you dont know the reason of my bags deploying then you probably shouldnt be talking about it.
        yes boss, i'll give that words back to you " if you dont know the reason of my bags deploying then you probably shouldnt be talking about it."
        if you dont believe this isn't use any bags, come over to my place i'll show THAT custom cut OEM springs and use OEM shocks..

Comment

Originally posted by Schultz28 View Post
          Cut springs should never be classified as custom suspension. And I would assume your shocks are officially blown or about the blow.... You should probably invest in some real suspension like coilovers.

Btw when you crank your wheel, it doesn't hit your fender?
          next project i'm gonna get real coilover for it. this is just for a few months i'm using it till i have the budget to get that. the price for coilover here is could be 3 times more expensive than your place.. this is my built with low budget

nope it doesn't. i still even run till speed 120km/h without any problems at that night..

Comment

Originally posted by blink_me92 View Post
            Mas, car looks good, but I gatta be honest, the wheels need better fitment.

For those who are wondering, allow me to share some of my thought on cut springs.

we are accustomed to lowering our cars here in Indonesia with OEM springs, and i can assure you that most of the times our cars here ride smoother and softer with OEM spring, and have the "slammed" look that we want (i.e using other OEM springs from other german cars...even japanese cars), of course performance wise they are shitty on turns and corners, but to hell with that, because we have mad traffic here in Jakarta so performance wise is not really what we are looking for.

my 1994 C280 is on cut lorinser spring all around, and they ride waaaaaay much better than my previous set up on coilovers, but then again to each their own.
            thanks mas. anyway mreka masih aja ga percaya ga pake airsus. ga terima kali ya gw make 19 jatuhnya lebih rendah dan ga make coilover ehehehe thanks mas udh jawabin tanggapan2 mereka

Comment

I stretched my tires using a long piece of cloth dipped in a bucket of water...because cheetah blaster do not exist here, ill post pics or even video when i have the chance.
              Gonna go ahead and confirm we need to see this.

IG: @stancejay

Comment

3rd World Country Tuning at it's best

P.S .the world is officially comming to an end next week....
                Last edited by AndreNY; 12-13-2012, 07:49 AM.
                ---------------------------------------------------------
                Ignorus Maximus
                ---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Indo boleh bro!!..

nice e39 bro some spacers maybe?...oh yes its tradition here in indonesia..if you want your car to be lowered or even slammed u can use cutted spring or custom spring (retrofit from another car)...its like something that 8 out of 10..modificators in indonesia have done..and yeah if you got blown shock...you can change it quickly n cheaply..

and of course in indonesia safety is not the priority..even some latest car here doesnt came with standard airbag n abs..

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                    Gonna go ahead and confirm we need to see this.
                    aite boss...i dont think i will be able to provide videos yet since I wont be installing new tires anytime soon, but I have a picture when I had my 10.5 stretched on 215 40's. I know this picture does not do justice...but trust me...it happened, a long piece of cloth dipped in a bucket of water and wrapped the sidewalls with it till the bead sticks to the wheels and slowly release the cloth...

Photobucket

and the damage

Photobucket
                    Last edited by blink_me92; 12-14-2012, 02:44 AM.

Comment

seru nih...bule2 pada gak percaya sama cara indon buat nyeperin mobil hehehe....lanjutken bro!
                      celupin lageeee.....
                      Last edited by J&M; 12-14-2012, 03:37 AM.

Comment

aite boss...i dont think i will be able to provide videos yet since I wont be installing new tires anytime soon, but I have a picture when I had my 10.5 stretched on 215 40's. I know this picture does not do justice...but trust me...it happened, a long piece of cloth dipped in a bucket of water and wrapped the sidewalls with it till the bead sticks to the wheels and slowly release the cloth...

Thanks for another tip. We have a array of strange procedures for stretching tires here but hadn't heard of the cloth trick. May try that one if we're stuck one day.

IG: @stancejay

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post

Thanks for another tip. We have a array of strange procedures for stretching tires here but hadn't heard of the cloth trick. May try that one if we're stuck one day.
                          cheers mate...I will definitely be posting videos later on since might be doin 11 on my the rears of my c280 soon on 235/40.
                          Last edited by blink_me92; 12-15-2012, 10:01 AM.

Comment

cheers mate...I will definitely be posting videos later on since might be doin 11 on my the rears of my c280 soon on 235/40.
                            toppp...indonesia boleh bro..haha..biar mereka liat bagaimna mobil2 di indonesia

Comment

This must ride like ass. I mean...imo even lowering springs on stock shocks ride bad. I cant believe that you enjoy driving this car. Everybody loves being low, but done properly please...
                              slamburglars.com

Comment

My sarcasm went way over your head. Also, if you dont know the reason of my bags deploying then you probably shouldnt be talking about it.
                                Sorry dude, I miss read your post.. You're right, I don't know why your airbags deployed. All I remember is Olek posted about it a couple years ago telling everyone your car was so low the airbags just go off. No need to be so hostile.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1555774

Comment

Working...
                                X