Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Went for a little ride before putting the car away.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jesus Christ View Post
    They will be ready for like march, I'm going to be experimenting with e46 CA's soon as they arrive. Hoping for a disgusting amount of angle
    Will the kit require the use of e46 CAs? How much do those widen the track? Not sure I can go any wider and still use my 17x10 et15 daily wheels.

For now it's just a gaping whole to the stripped trunk. I have materials to do something nice but fiberglass is messy and annoying hahaha so i'm slacking for now.
    The vert has a more complete bulkhead back there, so I was able to clean it up and make it look pretty good without covering. However, if I was going to cover it, my plan was to use some sheets of ABS plastic and rivet it on to bulkhead and seat bottom. Might be a solution for you and more durable and easier than fiberglass.
    025garage

Comment

andybob that video hahahhaha

flickr
      TUMBLR
      instagram @btober

Comment

Amazing car's. I always wondered if any of ye lads got hit in the storm. I just cant comprehend a storm that size ( im from eire ) Best of luck in the future

Comment

pillow ball tie rod ends ic. are you using a custom knuckle / lower arm to bring the roll center back?
          CUSCO USA // BRIDE JAPAN

Comment

Originally posted by motocaddy View Post
            Will the kit require the use of e46 CAs? How much do those widen the track? Not sure I can go any wider and still use my 17x10 et15 daily wheels.

The vert has a more complete bulkhead back there, so I was able to clean it up and make it look pretty good without covering. However, if I was going to cover it, my plan was to use some sheets of ABS plastic and rivet it on to bulkhead and seat bottom. Might be a solution for you and more durable and easier than fiberglass.
            Originally posted by yoshioka90 View Post
            pillow ball tie rod ends ic. are you using a custom knuckle / lower arm to bring the roll center back?
            This is why i love this stuff. This is a kit any and everyone who drives hard should have. When the kit is in "race" position (with e36 stock CAs) you simply thread the bump steer tie rod all the way in. That is primarily for road race, enduro, time attack, hdpe's etc etc.

The second position of the tie rods is in the middle which is made for e46 control arms on a e36. This position is used with e46 arms to increase the track of the car, primarily for drifting. This is like a novice, pro am drifting kit. With the added track from the e46 arms, the e36 outer tie rod isn't long enough obviously. This will increase the camber like crazy so you need camber plates to add some positive.

The last position is full on FD, high level drifting. This uses tubular control arms to even further widen the track, The tubular arms are usually adjustable so you can run them in race or novice positions. The sky is the limit with tubular arms, you can literally make the wheel completely side ways, like directly facing west or east.

Tie rods are the smaller part of the equation, There is a spacer of sorts or "geometry plates" like some call it. That go in between your knuckle and CA, making them have the downward facing angle they have from the factory as opposed to the upward direction they have when you slam the car. The tie rod pick up is strategically placed to give maximum angle no matter how it's used, race or Pro drift spec. You also have to Press out the oem ball joint and replace with a spherical one and BAM.

World class roll center/bump steer correction kit that can be made in to an angle kit by adding control arms.

Originally posted by Ford 2 View Post
            Amazing car's. I always wondered if any of ye lads got hit in the storm. I just cant comprehend a storm that size ( im from eire ) Best of luck in the future
            Thanks bud!

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

World class roll center/bump steer correction kit that can be made in to an angle kit by adding control arms.
              Sold! Sounds like you've really thought this through and came with an excellent solution for all e36s, regardless of use. I like that it will allow me to get a lot of the handling benefits and keep my current daily fitment. Then upgrade the kit with CAs once it becomes more of a dedicated drifter (which will likely include flares and fit my current wheels anyways).

Nice work and thank you! Can't wait to try it out.
              025garage

Comment

Sorry if it was already answered but what was the firewall lined with?
                Originally posted by JC.
                'Stance' doesn't have to be scraping your car along the floor, that is simply the scene that has caught on. As long as your car looks amazing (in your eyes) while your rolling down the street, that is your own personal perfect stance.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Originally posted by soab View Post
                  Sorry if it was already answered but what was the firewall lined with?
                  That is aeronautical gold foil, used to deflect heat in race cars and space shuttles.

I went for another ride before putting the car away for 2013. 18x10 and 18x10.5, Big turbo 1jz (which is coming out for some BMW power), and the car is going to say goodbye to it's stance. It's going full race mode, with HUGE tires, Aero, and that's all it really needs to be competetive, it has everything else . I'm extremely excited to be competing since that is where the proverbial "proving ground" is for suspension companies. But fuck i am going to miss this stance...but i'm getting a big body for those urges

I don't know if i want to rebuild the equips to fit square 285/30/18, or shake my stance faggotry and get something that's actually light and suited for a circuit. Old habits die hard, what can i say?

DSCF0804 by Broadway Jaze, on Flickr

DSC_2694 by Broadway Jaze, on Flickr

All white like it's mike burroughs

DSC_2643 by Broadway Jaze, on Flickr

DSC_2660 by Broadway Jaze, on Flickr

Comment

god damn the equips look awesome
                    Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Nice and simple, simple and nice...

Are this the equips i think they are..?

Comment

Originally posted by Average_Jerk View Post
                        god damn the equips look awesome
                        Thanks bud!

Originally posted by OrangeBlue View Post
                        Nice and simple, simple and nice...

Are this the equips i think they are..?
                        Thanks man! It's funny how keeping it simple or looking simple, is actually the hard part.

Nope, i built these a while back. You think i'm the buy someone else's shit kinda guy? No respect

Comment

Damn son

Comment

Holy shit. You completely changed my opinions about 18" wheels on e36's.

`92 325i vert - 90' 325is - '99 m3 - Instagram @e30L

Comment

Originally posted by Travis View Post
                              Damn son
                              It'd look better if you took the pics though, thanks man.

Originally posted by e30L View Post
                              Holy shit. You completely changed my opinions about 18" wheels on e36's.
                              Thanks man, it's actually awesome. I haven't hit the frame rails since switching over, there were times i used to glide on them on 17's while on crazy crowned roads. That said, you do have to tuck them IMO, i tried a poke kind of deal and wasn't happy. I can actualy go a ton lower all around without consequence but turning lock to lock and boost has spoiled me.

DSC_2671 by Broadway Jaze, on Flickr

DSC_2668 by Broadway Jaze, on Flickr

Look at the fitment, keep your eyes off dat ass.
                              Last edited by Jesus Christ; 11-11-2013, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Fuck ya Jaze looks good.

Stretched tires and slammed rides look good, but its not as fun when you have 350tq+ to the wheels.
                                Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

Working...
                                X