Stang Gets a Clean Bill of Health

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stang Gets a Clean Bill of Health

For the first time since it blew coolant all over the hood and window during a hard pull and being being repaired (radiator cleaned, new stat, head gasket test) I gave the car a good bath and took it for a spin. I snapped some pictures at a warehouse in town on a whim. Not bad for rattlecan paint either.

Note: New set of staggered black/machine face 03 Cobra wheels in the garage, waiting until spring for fresh rubber.

**** Away.

I Have No Idea What I'm Doing

Looks good. It'll look much better with the Cobra wheels... I don't like Bullitts. The grille looks too empty to me. I'd put the horse back on, but paint it black. I used black Plastidip on mine and it came out pretty good. Durable stuff, too. Just my preference...

What headlights are those, by the way?
    StanceWorks wannabe

Comment

Originally posted by Gordonfan24 View Post
      Looks good. It'll look much better with the Cobra wheels... I don't like Bullitts. The grille looks too empty to me. I'd put the horse back on, but paint it black. I used black Plastidip on mine and it came out pretty good. Durable stuff, too. Just my preference...

What headlights are those, by the way?
      I could definitely use the pony back in the grille. The car never came with one so it never went in.

As far as the headlights? They're junk. Cheap, Chinese junk. From the previous owner. They throw light great, but they're chinsy and poorly made. The lenses have fissures within the plastic. I'll be replacing them with stockers, or smoked housing stock style, but it's low on the priority list.

Comment

Why is it rattlebombed?

Comment

Not digging the shaved handles or the paint job
          4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

lolwut

Comment

Originally posted by JP Patches View Post
              lolwut
              This car has come a LONG way. Check out his build thread and it'll make more sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Zack01GC View Post
                Why is it rattlebombed?
                Didn't feel like spending the time/effort on doing the full bodywork at this stage of the build. Plus it is a dramatic improvement over how it used to look.

For context, how I got it:

Originally posted by hi its me alec View Post
                Not digging the shaved handles or the paint job
                Shaved handles were the work of one of the previous owners.

Comment

NOT feeling the Bullit wheels at all

Other than that, the rattle can job looks tons better. Looks like it needs a lot of buffing

Comment

Originally posted by Pyropiggy2.5 View Post
                    NOT feeling the Bullit wheels at all

Other than that, the rattle can job looks tons better. Looks like it needs a lot of buffing
                    Yeah I've got my work cut out for me on the paint. I laid the clear real thick for just that reason. ****'ll buff.

And as mentioned before, I've got a set of these bad boys going on in the spring-

That should clean up the look of it quite nicely. That and with 315 DRs out back give me the traction I need.

Comment

Working...
                    X