Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Installed: AirREX full digital air on my 2010 Accord Coupe with New Vossen Cv7's :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Florida stand up!
    @jroc561
    71' 240z, 03' CL55, 04' CayenneTT

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post
      When I scrolled down and saw that rolling shot of your ride height I was like: "WOAH DAMN!!"

Then I scrolled further and saw the aired out pics and was like "meh.".

I love how dialed in it looks on the rolling shot... I would keep it at that height always lol.
      True story

Comment

Hey Guys,

Well its Officially about to be almost 3 months having my AirREX air system and i have put enough miles on them to finally give a full review. I really have to thank Marshall and Paul from Forjworks and AirREX, thank god i didn't go with the Ksport Air System lol. :P ( before i get asked why is because AirREX is digital, better bag quality and only positive reviews. Ksport is Analog, and heard some good and bad things about there bag quality).

Street driving: 1,200 miles
        Highway driving: 3,800 miles
        Current Miles on the Air System : 5,000 miles

First thing is first the ride quality nothing less than amazing, it a completely different feeling from coilovers.

Installing time: 8 hour without any help

I think the biggest attraction with the AirREX Digital Air system was the fact that everything came assembled and ready for direct install, i didn't have to worry about becoming a engineer to figure out all the connections needed, and i didn't need to buy a 12-pack of beer. lol.... The install was very straight forward just need to run the power and ground, and the Four air lines. It really was a simple install the only reason why it take a long time, is running the air lines and making sure everything clear's and is safe and i don't have a Shop lift lol...

Now for the actual AirREX Digital management system. The management system is great, the Auto Leveling feature is great never fails always lands me on my Preset PSI's on all four corners. What more amazing i have tried it many times, is how smart the management system is with the auto leveling feature while i'm driving if i hit a preset the system will keep auto adjusting until it sure that your at the PSI you have preset, and it will hit that psi every single time.. I just find it very amazing how smart the management system can be. The Enclosure the management comes in makes the compressor almost unnoticeable on refills, i don't drive with loud music I usually have my music Mid range off the Factory system, and i can't even notice when the compressor kicks in.. ( I do have to note i have a full sound deadened car, as you can see in the pictures, I have Dynamat with Close cell foam, and MLV. So i know that also adds to the quietness). One thing i have not adjusted in the management system is the rate of the drop (bag-out) I love the preset speed AirREX sets them at from factory its a slow Luxury style drop VS super fast drop. One advantage is that the rate of release is adjustable to your liking. YOU can not adjust the rate of which it rises the car which is fine because it fast enough. Most people have asked me if the 3Gal tank is enough, the answer is yes. It has enough air to Air up and down 2 full times. The Recharge speed is usually about 4 mins if i empty out the tank completely. The system comes with Two remotes, one is a Wireless remote, and the other one is a Hard line remote.

Ride quality part

I personally love the 12 level damping they have, i have been able to tweak the damping for daily driving to 6 front and 8 rear from full stiff. It gives the right amount of damping and rebound on the suspension. I have tried Full stiff damping setting it at Level 2 front and 2 rear, and have to say that is just completely for Track or Auto Cross events, its completely stiff just like coilover's. Something to point out, tuning your suspension doesn't happen over 1 week, having a fully adjustable Air Suspension, with damping adjustment, Sleeve adjust and PSI adjust it takes some times to dial in your preferred settings.

Here are couple settings i have for different driving styles.

First Style: Daily Driving Not slammed giving about 1/2 inch of tire gap on 20" rims
        Quality: Equal To OEM
        Front and Rear Sleeve: Maxed out
        Front Damping: Level 8 from Hard
        Front PSI: 74
        Rear Damping: Level 10 from Hard
        Rear PSI: 62

Second Style: Daily Driving, Slammed and Stanced No tire gap and may Tuck
        Quality: Equal to Coilover, but smoother quality
        Front And Rear Sleeve: Maxed out
        Front Damping: Level 6 from Hard
        Front PSI: 60
        Rear Damping: Level 8 from Hard
        Rear PSI: 40

Third Style: Road Trip/Highway Driving, 1- 1 1/2 inch tire gap
        Quality: Better than OEM, Cloud Effect ride
        Front PSI: 84
        Rear PSI: 70

Now as you can see i have put a lot of miles first on the car in the last month but second on the on AirREX kit. My to recent shows which where East Coast Honda Meet which i drove from Miami, FL to Richmond, VA 15 hour drive, and second was two weeks later for Import Alliance which i again from Miami, FL to Charlotte, NC 13 Hour drive.. Both were a great time, for most because of the drive up there.. haha..

I tuned the suspension prior to going to these shows, took me about 2 weeks to tweak and play with the PSI only since i didn't want to adjust damping, and man i have to say driving with Road Trip setup i posted above, freaking love the ride.. It like i was riding in a 100K luxury car (have to point out luxury don't want a smart ass, so your saying it rides like a GT3 stiff as hell lol.) I had my girlfriend for one of the trips and the other trip was with 2 of my friends which are both into cars, and slammed stanced cars themselves they fell in love with the ride quality, lets put it like this one of my friends is already saving for airrex kit for his 99 BMW 323i hahaha! my other friend is a ***** and says here's some money to get my grocery... But then is like damn i wish my coilovers road like that hahaha!!

Driving my car on daily slammed status Second Style posted above, is just like driving on static suspension but with overall smoother ride. You don't feel so much of the harsh feeling in your back, and don't feel so much of the road. Handles just like my coilovers did with very little body roll.. Again please understand i don't drive fast on the street i usually drive 5MPH under speed limit so i can't comment on how the car feels at high rate speeds, but from reading the post on AirREX on the Race Mini Cooper i'm sure it feels great.

In this review after 3 months, and 5 thousand miles i have ZERO COMPLAINTS with the AirREX system....

Love it.. If you have any question ask ask ask
        10' V6 Coupe BBP

Comment

nice write up.Definitely helpful for someone like myself trying to piece together an air ride kit. Car looks great.

Comment

Originally posted by Bpearl2010 View Post
            Hey just have to say love the quality and ride of these bad boys!! Full reviewing comin

Here is the final product

haha this noob. lol

__________________________________________________ _________________________________

Hey Guys,

Well its Officially about to be almost 3 months having my AirREX air system and i have put enough miles on them to finally give a full review. I really have to thank Marshall and Paul from Forjworks and AirREX, thank god i didn't go with the Ksport Air System lol. :P ( before i get asked why is because AirREX is digital, better bag quality and only positive reviews. Ksport is Analog, and heard some good and bad things about there bag quality).

Street driving: 1,200 miles
            Highway driving: 3,800 miles
            Current Miles on the Air System : 5,000 miles

First thing is first the ride quality nothing less than amazing, it a completely different feeling from coilovers.

Installing time: 8 hour without any help

I think the biggest attraction with the AirREX Digital Air system was the fact that everything came assembled and ready for direct install, i didn't have to worry about becoming a engineer to figure out all the connections needed, and i didn't need to buy a 12-pack of beer. lol.... The install was very straight forward just need to run the power and ground, and the Four air lines. It really was a simple install the only reason why it take a long time, is running the air lines and making sure everything clear's and is safe and i don't have a Shop lift lol...

Now for the actual AirREX Digital management system. The management system is great, the Auto Leveling feature is great never fails always lands me on my Preset PSI's on all four corners. What more amazing i have tried it many times, is how smart the management system is with the auto leveling feature while i'm driving if i hit a preset the system will keep auto adjusting until it sure that your at the PSI you have preset, and it will hit that psi every single time.. I just find it very amazing how smart the management system can be. The Enclosure the management comes in makes the compressor almost unnoticeable on refills, i don't drive with loud music I usually have my music Mid range off the Factory system, and i can't even notice when the compressor kicks in.. ( I do have to note i have a full sound deadened car, as you can see in the pictures, I have Dynamat with Close cell foam, and MLV. So i know that also adds to the quietness). One thing i have not adjusted in the management system is the rate of the drop (bag-out) I love the preset speed AirREX sets them at from factory its a slow Luxury style drop VS super fast drop. One advantage is that the rate of release is adjustable to your liking. YOU can not adjust the rate of which it rises the car which is fine because it fast enough. Most people have asked me if the 3Gal tank is enough, the answer is yes. It has enough air to Air up and down 2 full times. The Recharge speed is usually about 4 mins if i empty out the tank completely. The system comes with Two remotes, one is a Wireless remote, and the other one is a Hard line remote.

Ride quality part

I personally love the 12 level damping they have, i have been able to tweak the damping for daily driving to 6 front and 8 rear from full stiff. It gives the right amount of damping and rebound on the suspension. I have tried Full stiff damping setting it at Level 2 front and 2 rear, and have to say that is just completely for Track or Auto Cross events, its completely stiff just like coilover's. Something to point out, tuning your suspension doesn't happen over 1 week, having a fully adjustable Air Suspension, with damping adjustment, Sleeve adjust and PSI adjust it takes some times to dial in your preferred settings.

Here are couple settings i have for different driving styles.

First Style: Daily Driving Not slammed giving about 1/2 inch of tire gap on 20" rims
            Quality: Equal To OEM
            Front Damping: Level 8 from Hard
            Front PSI: 74
            Rear Damping: Level 10 from Hard
            Rear PSI: 62

Second Style: Daily Driving, Slammed and Stanced No tire gap and may Tuck
            Quality: Equal to Coilover, but smoother quality
            Front And Rear Sleeve: Maxed out
            Front PSI: 60
            Rear PSI: 40

Third Style: Road Trip/Highway Driving, 1- 1 1/2 inch tire gap
            Quality: Better than OEM, Cloud Effect ride
            Front PSI: 84
            Rear PSI: 70

Now as you can see i have put a lot of miles first on the car in the last month but second on the on AirREX kit. My to recent shows which where East Coast Honda Meet which i drove from Miami, FL to Richmond, VA 15 hour drive, and second was two weeks later for Import Alliance which i again from Miami, FL to Charlotte, NC 13 Hour drive.. Both were a great time, for most because of the drive up there.. haha..

I tuned the suspension prior to going to these shows, took me about 2 weeks to tweak and play with the PSI only since i didn't want to adjust damping, and man i have to say driving with Road Trip setup i posted above, freaking love the ride.. It like i was riding in a 100K luxury car (have to point out luxury don't want a smart ass, so your saying it rides like a GT3 stiff as hell lol.) I had my girlfriend for one of the trips and the other trip was with 2 of my friends which are both into cars, and slammed stanced cars themselves they fell in love with the ride quality, lets put it like this one of my friends is already saving for airrex kit for his 99 BMW 323i hahaha! my other friend is a ***** and says here's some money to get my grocery... But then is like damn i wish my coilovers road like that hahaha!!

Driving my car on daily slammed status Second Style posted above, is just like driving on static suspension but with overall smoother ride. You don't feel so much of the harsh feeling in your back, and don't feel so much of the road. Handles just like my coilovers did with very little body roll.. Again please understand i don't drive fast on the street i usually drive 5MPH under speed limit so i can't comment on how the car feels at high rate speeds, but from reading the post on AirREX on the Race Mini Cooper i'm sure it feels great.

In this review after 3 months, and 5 thousand miles i have ZERO COMPLAINTS with the AirREX system....

Love it.. If you have any question ask ask ask
            Hi Sir,

Im planning to buy this stuff form AirREX, can I know what this means as you have stated: "Most people have asked me if the 3Gal tank is enough, the answer is yes. It has enough air to Air up and down 2 full times"

If yu could elaborate on "2 Full Times"

Thank You

Comment

That is a gorgeous Accord and the Vossens are perfection on it

progress IS a slow process

Comment

Big win, some more pictures would be appreciated.
                Punto Evo. RIP
                Omega A Caravan

Comment

great writeup! your accord looks perfect!

one question though...where and how did you run the air lines?

Comment

Working...
                  X