Daily driver b5 Passat.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily driver b5 Passat.

I picked this car up ridiculously because I started a motor build on my B6 A4 after I blew it up last year. It's clearly nothing special but I have less than $2500 into it including the price of the car and all maintenance. My A4 is my real project which will get its own thread soon enough.

When I picked it up :

After I replaced the clutch I threw on some coilovers:

Over the next few months I lost interest but then this year I got sick of driving a complete POS. I removed the perches in the rear and spun the fronts all the way down. I also decided to get rid of the hideous clear corners. Oh yeah and the purple was hideous so I painted the wheels:

Then I picked these up super cheap off a friend and had them refinished in canvas white:

As she sits now:

Like I said I know its nothing compared to most of your cars but it's about as "budget" as a budget build goes while my money goes toward the other car. Also I apologize for the mobile photos. I can take some more proper pictures if anyone cares to see them.

My Photos

I like it.

Not sure about the front grill though. I liked it better with the emblem.

Comment

This car is wikid cool man I would rep it any day! Should change the grill to same colour as the rims!

SELF PROCLAIMED KING OF JUVIES!

Comment

love the cream merc's , far better than the audi's agree onm the grill colours need something to lighten the whole car a bit nice car though

Comment

To be honest I was never completely sold on the badgeless grille. Maybe I'll throw the stock one on today and get a few pictures.

My Photos

Comment

I think this grille looks great.

Not sure on the rim color, but overall it really has a nice look.
            W108 - LSx hitting a lick | '92 C2500 6.5 Turbo Diesel

Comment

Man, if $2500 all in has got you to that stage, then that's quite an achievement! Regardless of it being a budget build, it looks fantastic!

Comment

This is perfect.

Usually not a fan of badgeless but with the amber corners and the whole smooth look of the Passat's front end, it works.

Love the fitment and I'll always love those wheels. Ya done good!

Comment

Originally posted by Vermilion View Post
                  Man, if $2500 all in has got you to that stage, then that's quite an achievement! Regardless of it being a budget build, it looks fantastic!
                  Originally posted by NickBroderick View Post
                  This is perfect.

Usually not a fan of badgeless but with the amber corners and the whole smooth look of the Passat's front end, it works.

Love the fitment and I'll always love those wheels. Ya done good!
                  All of this. Thats a sweet daily for what seems like pretty cheap. Stop talking down on it and have some pride in what you've done. There are SIGNIFICANTLY worse cars out there that have a lot more money into them.
                  cars and stuff

Comment

Wow guys I really appreciate it. I suppose I should stop seeing the car for its flaws and just enjoy what I created. Thanks for all the positive comments so far! Maybe now I'll even start posting after lurking here for almost 2 years.

My Photos

Comment

^^only 4 posts?? Hardcore lurker here, lol. Car looks fantastic with the Benz wheels!
                      sigpic

Follow me on Instagram! @cskzero

Comment

I usually don't really like this generation of Passat... most of them look really bland and boring to me. But this one here actually looks good, I like it!

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

Sick with the wheels
                          Flickr

Projects :

1984 W123 300D (Sold)

1999 C43 AMG (no thread..yet)

Comment

I've always loved those Merc wheels.

Comment

beautiful color on the benz wheels <3

Comment