Miss Ratty B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miss Ratty B

This is something you might not see every day or Once in a blue Moon. I wanted to take The Toyota Xb/bB In a direction that very few if any have taking it. I have always been a fan of the rusty, the ratty look and wanted to bring that to the B with a little JDM flair in the Mix.

in a few weeks the coilovers are going in and by the end of summer I should have Motors changed out and it boosted.

oh BTW Im not new here I just lost my last email so I had to make a new profile.

I'm confused. How can a 5-6 year old Scion be ratty?
    Strictly Pleasure/Zero Clearance/Stretch Your Legs
    Alex

Comment

hm, not really feeling it. Flat black with cheap wheels sort of looks like some sort of drift influence, doesnt really look ratty at all? Then the bright green interior is like fast and furious/sound off car, then you've got a dildo knob and dials which is some sort of drift / mainstream VIP thing.

Not consistent or interesting enough for me, i think it needs more character.

if it were me just thinking on the fly i would look to do some pinstriping of some kind, perhaps rust or rust look a panel or two or try to work in something else like an old street sign or something, maybe a different splitter-style lip, if budget allowed maybe angled head lights or angry style bonnet lip, smoothie type rims in red/chrome, maybe white writing on tyres, red windscreen banner, maybe a side pipe rather than drift upswept pipe... i dunno about the interior but i suppose its your 'office' so it can be how you want it to be though it won't follow the theme.

nice car though i just don't think calling it 'ratty' is the right tag

Comment

It's something I see pretty much everyday, and I don't like it.
        We lookin' for the girls with the big booty stance.

Comment

Unit01=true
          endthread

Comment

Not feeling it, to much wheel gap aswell.

Comment

I **** to be negative, but flat black with lime green interior on a newer car isn't ratty. And honestly up until I saw the interior I had some hopes for it. I don't see anything wrong with your choice of wheels or the paint however it's not my favorite. That interior though... man do us a favor and clean that up some. Good luck with the rest as well. I'd like to see it dumped.
              IG: ashtonlafleur

Comment

Originally posted by Ant View Post
                hm, not really feeling it. Flat black with cheap wheels sort of looks like some sort of drift influence, doesnt really look ratty at all? Then the bright green interior is like fast and furious/sound off car, then you've got a dildo knob and dials which is some sort of drift / mainstream VIP thing.

Not consistent or interesting enough for me, i think it needs more character.

if it were me just thinking on the fly i would look to do some pinstriping of some kind, perhaps rust or rust look a panel or two or try to work in something else like an old street sign or something, maybe a different splitter-style lip, if budget allowed maybe angled head lights or angry style bonnet lip, smoothie type rims in red/chrome, maybe white writing on tyres, red windscreen banner, maybe a side pipe rather than drift upswept pipe... i dunno about the interior but i suppose its your 'office' so it can be how you want it to be though it won't follow the theme.

nice car though i just don't think calling it 'ratty' is the right tag
                Originally posted by aLaFleur View Post
                I **** to be negative, but flat black with lime green interior on a newer car isn't ratty. And honestly up until I saw the interior I had some hopes for it. I don't see anything wrong with your choice of wheels or the paint however it's not my favorite. That interior though... man do us a favor and clean that up some. Good luck with the rest as well. I'd like to see it dumped.
                This pretty much some it up for me

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

I actually kinda dig the crystal knobs on the climate control.

But yeah, "ratty" cars that are that new just don't work. The flat black looks like it was done well though, a different set of wheels could really help to "fix" the looks of the car.
                  -Darrick

Frankenbike Build Thread
                  Another Frankenbike Build

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the comments. I did not think it was going to get bashed as bad, but o well.
                    I guess calling it a rat is really the wrong title, thats just the name that the guys I roll with started calling her and the name just stayed with the car. Its not even close to being done.

I plan on pulling the inside color to the outside with pin striping and getting smoothies in 15x9 rear and 15X8 front, as well as doing a rusted hood. They are all in the works. Im doing all the work myself, minus any electrical or heavy fab work. As for the paint, its not flat black, but Chalk Board paint. As for the tips, they are getting Wrapped, and I have pulled the Back seats out and am planing on putting a wood deck in the back.

Comment

what is the name of the digital gauge on your dash??
                      Diego Olivares
                      Slammed Garage
                      SlammedGarage@hotmail.com

Comment

Keep up the good work

Comment

Get rid of that stupid exhaust!
                          2002 Fort Knox Gold Ford Focus.
                          LoFurbish. www.lofurbish.com
                          Build Thread
                          My Flickr

Comment

i'd say you went a few panels too many on the painted interior but other than that you won't be heinously off the mark [after coilovers are in & you're reasonably low]

Comment

Why is rusting new cars still considered cool?

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

Working...
                              X