No announcement yet.

.:Sunday Boredom:.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmm well my rear coilover is a seperate spring and shock setup. and the spring is a 180mm tall barrel type spring and looks much like the rears in this pic.

so you say i can just use springs like these?

ive contacted swift about barrel type springs and they said that they do not carry replacement springs for the seperate spring and shock setup.

if someone knows if i can use the linear swift springs safely and without any type of modification in place of the barrel spring lmk! i gave up the idea of buying replacement springs because i thought if i had a barrel type then no other type would work in its place.

and thanks for all the compliments! original is what i was going for with the wheel choice.

Comment

Car looks smooth and clean quite like the Advans not bad.
      Live,Breathe,Build,Believe,BMW!

Comment

Advans are on-point and smash the old rims to bits. Car is a sweet DD
        Racer 86's Blog <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< <

Comment

Have you taken out the rear adjusters?

2004 350Z Twin Turbo

Comment

car looks great with those wheels. nice upgrade, they look much better than i ever imagined they'd look. im not much of a MS3 guy, but that one does it for me.

Canon, Fuji, Mamiya, Minolta + Pentax.

Comment

I would look into eibach springs. i'm sure they can figure out a shorter spring they can fit in there.

IG: @_olliee

Comment

I always disliked those Advans, but you pull them off and make them look good!

Comment

thanks guys! and as for the springs. ill probably give eibach a call/email. hopefully they can fix my 4x4 status. lol. o yea and yes ive taken out adjusters in the rear.

Comment

looks way better with the advans. I have the same problem with the rear of the TT. I ended up ordering some custom AFCO springs and was able to get to the height I wanted.

Ben Purkiss Design
                    My Design Blog

Comment

I saw your car at PZ sat night...i love the new look.
                      http://turbo-2.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Neb View Post
                        looks way better with the advans. I have the same problem with the rear of the TT. I ended up ordering some custom AFCO springs and was able to get to the height I wanted.

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Afco-2...ngs,24517.html
                        o nice. so i can just use these in place of the barrel type springs? were yours barrel type too? lol sorry if i sound so noob but if i can use the linear springs instead of the barrel spring like my pics up there^ then ill be sooo happy lol.

Turbo2-haha yea that meet was PACKED. never seen it like that before. lol if pz keeps it up, they are going have to move into a place with a bigger parking lot. i was in the far back but a spot opened up so i moved closer. too bad no one got pics of my car =( i need professional photography.

Comment

Hey I just realized my car is in the background of both the SOTU pics.

Anyways I forgot Eibach can custom make springs. But barrel shaped springs are just progressive while linear springs just have one linear spring rate. As long as the I.D. On the linear spring is the same as the top and bottom I.D. on the progressive spring I see no reason why you shouldn't be able to use it. But maybe someone on here knows better than I do.
                          ShakotanOscar.blogspot.com
                          Fabulous Street Scene

Comment

New wheels are monnnney

Comment

lol oOo just looked around and looks like thats your e30. thing looks sick dude! and your sig is the truth!

thanks rabbit!

Comment

Working...
                              X