A winter in the books.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A winter in the books.

Some of you might remember this car from a previous thread last fall entitled "Boosted and Slammed, but that's all", or even have spotted it at H20i last year.

Well, a LOT changed over winter, and I'm happy to say (I think) for the better.

A summarized list of what happened:

-car now runs 5x115 as opposed to 5x100
    -knuckle swap in the front, now running LSx camaro 12" brakes.
    -Independant rear suspension, Alero 12" disc brakes now out back.
    -running adapters front and rear with 35th anniv. Vette wheels with effective offsets of +12 front and -1 rear.
    -195/45/16 tire front and 205/50 (piss poor decision on my part) on the rear.
    -Engine bay was tubbed, painted and most of the engine compartment has been totally reworked.
    -Exhaust has been completely re-done and is as tight to the body as physically possible
    -LSD installed in trans

These wheels are far from final. I hope to be ordering new wheels late this week, early next, in a 17x9/9.5 combo. Also the rear lower control arms need to be shortened slightly, so I don't get such ridiculous camber out back.

Aside from that, I'll let the pics do the talking, I'll post the same pics from last year, then post the new ones. I tried to duplicate the same angles.

And the new:

And for anyone who is interested, here is the build thread:

Originally posted by Kielan
    Well dip me in shit and roll me in breadcrumbs...

easily one of the coolest Cavaliers that I've seen

Comment

Excellent!

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right.

Your blast pipes look stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Yogi_Bear View Post
        easily one of the coolest Cavaliers that I've seen
        X2

Comment

Definitely the coolest cavi ive seen around, and a million times cooler because your from ontario.

where abouts are you?

Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by E28stoff View Post
            Definitely the coolest cavi ive seen around, and a million times cooler because your from ontario.

where abouts are you?
            about an hour west of Mississauga in a little city called Stratford.

Should be at the stretch and poke meets this summer! And whatever else I find to cruise to, got a few buddies local with some neat junk too.

Thanks everybody else!

Rear needs work for sure, but hoping to clean it up with the new wheels.

Comment

ummmmmmmmmmmmmm NO
              ---------------------------------------------------------
              Ignorus Maximus
              ---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

It turned out great. I think your the first Caviler or Cobalt to really pull of Vett wheels nicely.

2001 Focus Sedan from an ex-ricer. See my build thread
                http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=17122

Comment

Love how low you have it.
                  Originally posted by mrfobbyaccent
                  i'm sorreh AWWPEHH
                  | 95 e36 M3-sold POS | 98 e36 M3-track rat RIP ;( | 90 NA Eunos-lookatme car |

Comment

man, that stance is mean. MEAT!!! so much win
                    91 DiamondSchwartzMetallic S52 Slicktop, 91 Calypso M42, 89 Royalblau M20, 84 Euro E30, M535, Euro e24, ap1

www.RenownUSA.com
                    ig @rudestance / @renownusa

Comment

Have to say I like this. Nice to see something different.

Premiere Autosports /Instagram - Kole_Grove86
                      [

Comment

Originally posted by AndreNY View Post
                        ummmmmmmmmmmmmm NO
                        Word.

Originally posted by NorCalFocus View Post
                        It turned out great. I think your the first Caviler or Cobalt to really pull of Vett wheels nicely.
                        Thanks dude, Ive seen a black SS (Mike's) and a blue one on here (both cobalts) on vette wheels that pulled them off pretty good... or really as good as vette wheels can look... which isnt very good

Originally posted by Zayan View Post
                        Love how low you have it.
                        Thanks dude, it's maybe a little over the top, but whatever.

Originally posted by animal View Post
                        man, that stance is mean. MEAT!!! so much win
                        Thanks dude, maybe too much meat out back for me... but it doesnt look aweful.

Originally posted by GTIKole. View Post
                        Have to say I like this. Nice to see something different.
                        Thanks dude.

Comment

I haven't seen too many low cars as of late; very glad to know how well you're rollin' in this.

cavaliers aren't exactly known for stance, but I think you've nailed the fitment. the vette wheels seem fun, but rare german meshies would be killer. maybe you can start saving?

Comment

Originally posted by FABEL View Post
                            I haven't seen too many low cars as of late; very glad to know how well you're rollin' in this.

cavaliers aren't exactly known for stance, but I think you've nailed the fitment. the vette wheels seem fun, but rare german meshies would be killer. maybe you can start saving?
                            Thanks a bunch dude.

I have wheels in mind but they won't be to any "purists" tastes on here. 17x9/9.5. To be honest I bought this thing a little over a year ago as a daily that was just going to be "lowered a tad". Much like everything else it's spiralled out of control and wound up here. I'll be buying the new wheels, cleaning up the rear fitment a lot then pretty much calling the car done.

I've got a '52 GMC pickup that's calling my name - that's the real project.

Comment

love the low, not feeling either set of wheels, but still better then any other cavi i've ever seen.

Comment

Working...
                              X