Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I did this in around 5000 miles.

Should I shred tires this fast?

Looks worth having them remounted... I'm assuming 5 deg of camber.
    We make our cars fit our wheels.

Comment

Get an alignment.

Comment

Originally posted by JeShUa View Post
        Looks worth having them remounted... I'm assuming 5 deg of camber.
        I honestly have no clue how many degrees of camber I have I'm gonna find out in the spring though. I'm in winter mode now.

Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
        Get an alignment.
        I heard toe really eats tires, so I'm going to have that looked at. These are the same tires you have/had right? If so, how many miles did you get out of yours?

Comment

Yeah.. you could have toe.

My tires look like this:

Thats with about 3.5 deg of camber and all of my wheels have not shown much abnormal wear.

I haven't had a set of wheels longer than 3,000 miles in the past two years so IDK the long term effects.. nothing like yours though LOL.
          We make our cars fit our wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by JeShUa View Post
            Yeah.. you could have toe.

My tires look like this:

Thats with about 3.5 deg of camber and all of my wheels have not shown much abnormal wear.

I haven't had a set of wheels longer than 3,000 miles in the past two years so IDK the long term effects.. nothing like yours though LOL.
            If I had to guess It'd be 3.5, the back of the Accord looked pretty much just like that.

Comment

check your toe, and flip them before they get that bad on the inside

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

Camber isn't to bad on tires if you keep it reasonable, but combined with improper toe it kills. Get an alignment, if the toe is still out of spec it's time look into other solutions.

Comment

Toe kills tires much more than camber. Definitely get an alignment and have it sorted out and you shouldn't have any serious premature tire wear from a reasonable amount of camber

Flickr

Originally posted by Kielan
                  Oh FUCK YES, 6-10 inches for me this weekend. FUCK YES!

Comment

So with between 3-4 degrees of camber and a proper alignment, how many miles should I expect to get out of my tires?

Comment

depends a lot on what tires you go with. I've had good luck with Bridgestone Potenza S-03s and Goodyear Eagle F1 DS-G3s but many heavier cars would eat those for breakfast. I used to run much cheaper tires and while they stuck well they never lasted.

Erik

Comment

Yes you should go through tires that fast...that's why they make tread on both sides.

LOLOLOLOL

2004 350Z Twin Turbo

Comment

is that the front or rear but looks to me like a toe issue

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzy View Post
                            It was on the front first then on the back.

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzy View Post
                              This is a toe issue!

Comment

Working...
                              X