No announcement yet.

My Glorified VW Beetle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those wheels look good, they follow the same shape as the Turbo twist.

The nose is so long on those cars thou, your going to have an extra bastard of a time trying to get in any were. You should look into a Techart nose lift to save your lip and bumper.

I know there are a few GT3 guys that keep extra lips on hand because they are always ripping them off.

Comment

Thanks guys, I'm super stoked about how the car is looking. Got a thumbs up from an old guy on the way to work this morning and a bunch of stares, so I guess I'm doing something right.

I'm not too worried about the front lip, they're like $100 each should I need to replace it and I've had lowered cars my whole life, so I'm pretty good at not scraping, even on cars with long front bumpers like this one.

I parked on level ground at work today and the car actually sits much better than I first thought, so that's encouraging. I think I can get a little bit more low out of the front as well by adjusting a few things and removing two of the three adjustment perches. I'll tackle that project soon.
      -Darrick

Frankenbike Build Thread
      Another Frankenbike Build

sigpic

Comment

I love this...

I have a '99 C2 back at home that will be awaiting similar treatment this fall.

Fantastic results thus far!
        - Garrett

@mtm_garrett on Instagram

Comment

I don't know if it just me but I think you need more sidewall, maybe I'm used to the RWB cars which have a meatier fitment. But the car is sick either way.

Comment

Offsets of the Roti's ?
            Real name is James

Comment

That is tits man, I love those wheels.

Keep it Clean | Stay Classy.

Comment

Greaaaat. Can't wait for some good shots. I'll be in Seattle in a few weeks, can I shoot it?

3 adjustment collars? take at least 2 out! haha
                91 DiamondSchwartzMetallic S52 Slicktop, 91 Calypso M42, 89 Royalblau M20, 84 Euro E30, M535, Euro e24, ap1

www.RenownUSA.com
                ig @rudestance / @renownusa

Comment

wow this is nice. Wheels are tight!

Comment

Originally posted by animal View Post
                    Greaaaat. Can't wait for some good shots. I'll be in Seattle in a few weeks, can I shoot it?

3 adjustment collars? take at least 2 out! haha
                    Shoot me a PM when you're heading this way and we'll trade contact info so we can meet up, I'd love to get some proper shots of it. Hopefully I'll have the front end sorted out by then.

And yeah, three collars. They're all stacked at the bottom of the coil now. I'm just worried that I'm also out of shock travel. I need to get a wheel off and load the suspension so I can see what I'm dealing with.

In the meantime, I'll probably raise the rear just a hair to give it some more rake and even out the fender gap. Took a couple more sweet cell phone pics this morning in the parking lot at work.

(exhaust tips are off for polishing)

Ronery, I so ronery...
                    -Darrick

Frankenbike Build Thread

sigpic

Comment

• Looks great, just needs a little dialing in. Simple, yet so refined
                      @sd262 - instagram

Comment

• Originally posted by Icana4dit View Post
                        Looks great, just needs a little dialing in. Simple, yet so refined
                        Agreed, I love this car and how "grown up" looking and classy it is, while at same time having a really pissed off look to it.

I mean, let's be honest: I didn't do much here. I put some fancy wheels on a car and cranked the coilovers down. Porsche did most of the work.

Once I get the suspension dialed in, I think I'm more or less done with the exterior. Besides maybe adding a front lip from a Turbo model, I don't think there is anything else I could do to the car that wouldn't detract from it.

Guess I'll have to turn my attention to the interior and motor.
                        -Darrick

Frankenbike Build Thread

sigpic

Comment

• car looks awesome! would also like info on the offsets... my brother is looking at doing a setup on his turbo, its tough because nobody really does these cars up agressively/correct.

Comment

• Not really sure on the offsets to be honest. Since the wheels on Brian's (from Rotiform) old C4S fit exactly how I wanted mine to fit, I just told him to do mine the same but with 5mm less offset in the rear so I could run a little less camber. I'll measure the next time I have the wheels off the car.
                            -Darrick

Frankenbike Build Thread

sigpic

Comment

• The Port Townsend Cruise was today, which is the first big GTG/cruise of the season for us here in the PNW. The weather sucked balls, but it was still fun anyway. I'll post pics I find of the car as I come across them.

-Darrick

Frankenbike Build Thread

sigpic

Comment

• -Darrick

Frankenbike Build Thread

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X