Clear All

• hell yeh!! love this!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dani View Post
      Very nice, specs? on wheels and tyres?
      19x9.5 et 23 plus a 5mm spacer. 245/35/19 hankooks
      19x11 et 17. 285/30/19

Comment

• I havent updated this thread in a while. So here we go.

In early June, I called up Mike at Status Gruppe. I told him I needed stiffer springs for my rear. So he sent me some 9kg/mm rear springs. But unfortunately they're still too soft for me. So I'm in the process of upgrading to a 10kg/mm Front and 12kg/mm rear setup. This should suffice.

Heres a shot of the 9kg/mm springs when they arrived. Theyre pretty stiff, just not for my liking, and I still rub a little. But thats only cause I'm on 19x11 et17 with a 285/35/19 in the rear.

Shortly after that, and at my new, but temporary ride hide. I played a little game of "spot the lows" at work. Can you see me

So then I'm driving home on the Parkway after the 4th of July, and I kept hearing a clunk under my hood when I went over bumps and dips. This really and me. But I shrugged it off and soldiered on home. Until about 15 miles from my house I get the dreaded SMG LIGHT OF DOOOOM, so I pull over and turn the car off. "OK" Its just the smg relay overheating bullcrap. Turn the car on 15 minutes later. Nothing, i just drive on home. Now im a little worried about everything since the SES light decides to pop up. But I get home, open my hood and discover this......

the damn strut brace bracket snapped. UGH, nothing that cant be replaced. But its just bothersome to me until I get a new one. So thats $78 I shouldnt have to spend due to a BMW design flaw of some kind, I guess. And to fix the SES light and SMG light, I unplugged the battery over night. Reconnected. And no problems since.

Next up, new camber plates. I spoke with Mike over at Status Gruppe again, and told him how I wanted to be able to adjust the camber on his coilovers without having to drop the strut. He told me he was already working on a solution to this problem and he'd get me a set as soon as they were ready. So now we have the new Redesigned Status Gruppe Camber Plates. This allow you to easily adjust camber without dripping the strut.

Ill be throwing these bad boys on once a get my 10kg/mm and 12kg/mm springs. I cant wait

Time for shipping. A fellow forum member bought my old OEM muffler. So i had to ship it to him in Arizona. I boxed it up and everything. Went to put it in my trunk. Not fitting. At all. In any direction. So i had my next option. Throw the racks on and carry it that way. And I can't deny it, but I love how cars look when they actually make use out of their roof racks. And now, the gratuitous shot of my car with said roof rack, and muffler all boxed up and ready to go.

And yes I know, "your cheating by taking the pic in your driveway, your not that low" I know. It was just a pic I took on the way to mail that box.

And now for what I've been spending the last 8 hours, on and off, doing to my car. I woke up a few weeks ago after regretfully leaving it outside for a weekend while crashing at my buddies vacation home. SILVER **** EVERYWHERE! I was furious. It looks like someone was painting upstream of my car on a windy day, and overspray just got every where.

So to fix this, I've been compounding and re waxing the car. It was the only way i could get it off. And so far has worked perfectly. Its been leaving the paint smooth as glass.

Thanks to Mike and Status Gruppe for getting me everything I need and answering everyone of my questions and very random hours of the night. Status Gruppe, check them out if you havent. http://www.statusgruppe.com/

Ill update again, once i get the new new springs and newer camber plates on....

Stay Tuned!

Comment

• Wtf the braces snap like that? I better check mine haha.
          Also, stiffer springssssss.
          I dislike Byron.

Comment

• Originally posted by got splits? View Post
            Wtf the braces snap like that? I better check mine haha.
            i dont know if they all do, but im pissed mine did.

Comment

• Looking damn good! Love the fact your arches aren't flared aswell, naiiiice

Comment

• Originally posted by got splits? View Post
                Wtf the braces snap like that? I better check mine haha.
                Originally posted by RCSummers View Post
                i dont know if they all do, but im pissed mine did.
                Its not uncommon. Guys usually break them on the track. Those who are very low and tweak it hard on the street can also risk breaking them. They're junk, but wait till they break and get a Mason bar.

Comment

• Originally posted by Get 2 the bimmah! View Post
                  Its not uncommon. Guys usually break them on the track. Those who are very low and tweak it hard on the street can also risk breaking them. They're junk, but wait till they break and get a Mason bar.

i need to figure out what brace to get. I want the RE one.

Comment

• your car is so dope man! makes me want an e46

Comment

• wooooo

dope!

Comment

• Originally posted by BhoodKid95 View Post
                        your car is so dope man! makes me want an e46
                        Originally posted by OperationDoom View Post
                        wooooo

dope!

Thanks guys!!

Comment

• Doing some late night work, getting ready for Bimmerfest.

Lowering the front a little more + more camber, lowering the rear + more camber.

Comment

• Thats a pretty serious ramp to get a jack under your car lol. Looks great on the Meisters.
                            East Coast | IG: jaystellato

Comment

• Originally posted by jaystellato View Post
                              Thats a pretty serious ramp to get a jack under your car lol. Looks great on the Meisters.

I love those ramps. i can comfortably work under my car when its on both of them.

Comment

• Man, i love your e46. the wheels/drop are perfect!

Comment

Working...
                                X