Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coolest Rat-Rod ever.
    klasdmopwhqebguf wdmkcdvhien;
    Sorry I had to wipe my keyboard from drolling.

Comment

• i want it!!!

im interested to know how much money it took you to build this?!

Comment

• Originally posted by Schultz28 View Post
        i want it!!!

im interested to know how much money it took you to build this?!
        Not including the car (I bought it for I think 800 bucks in 94) I have about $800 to $1000 in it. Most of that is small things here and there, and I figured I'd buy some new parts like brake master cylinder and such, ya know make it less of a death trap

The wheels/tires will prob be what sets me back the most cause I cant get my buddy to get up off his factory 650i wheels laying in his driveway

Comment

• Originally posted by John@APF View Post
          Not including the car (I bought it for I think 800 bucks in 94) I have about $800 to $1000 in it. Most of that is small things here and there, and I figured I'd buy some new parts like brake master cylinder and such, ya know make it less of a death trap

The wheels/tires will prob be what sets me back the most cause I cant get my buddy to get up off his factory 650i wheels laying in his driveway
          that includes all the material cost? what about the engine/tranny/wiring? im assuming you did all the fab work yourself...

if that is all it costs i am truly jealous! i was expecting a bit more than that!
          Last edited by Schultz28; 03-27-2012, 10:25 PM.

Comment

• Go away, Stevie.

Comment

• this is awesome. never seen anything like this before.

Comment

• yes.
                BUSTER!
                Low Standards
                Seffer on the Stanceworks
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Schultz28 View Post
                  that includes all the material cost? what about the engine/tranny/wiring? im assuming you did all the fab work yourself...

if that is all it costs i am truly jealous! i was expecting a bit more than that!
                  Really the only material I bought specifically for this was the 2x3 square steel for the frame, about 85 dollars, the rest was scrap/leftovers from the bin. And maybe 100 in sheet aluminum. The engine was built from parts I've aquired over the years, being that my shop works on LS cars, we tend to have lots of take off parts. Tranny was given to me by a buddy, it was blown up, about $180 in a rebuild kit and misc parts (my first attempt at an automatic transmission rebuild, hope it works) The engine wiring harness was something I aquired years ago. I was actually planning to put the LS in the BMW body, but it was a TIGHT fit! The rest of the wirings just some relays/switches and fuses, not alot there.
                  And yes, I've done every bit of fab work. Got countless hours in that

This thing is dangerously close, I think we'll put in some after hours and get it done in the next few weeks, lookout

Comment

• good work right there.

Comment

• so many great cars
                      only response i can muster

Comment

• tits man ! cant wait to see the final product
                        C280 Build Thread
                        C43 ///AMG Build Thread
                        E320 Wagon Build Thread

Follow me on Instagram:@SD_210

Comment

• Hells YEAH!
                          Flickr

Projects :

1984 W123 300D (Sold)

1999 C43 AMG (no thread..yet)

Comment

• Love this car, but that front end is bugging me. The forward lean works great with the stock body lines but doesn't seem right on this car. Personally I would have flipped the grill section over so it leans backwards, maybe even add the factory bumper back in real low.

(sorry for the shitty photoshop)

Just my opinion, this car is insane regardless. Talk about ultimate driving machine.

Comment

• Originally posted by [experimental] View Post
                              Love this car, but that front end is bugging me. The forward lean works great with the stock body lines but doesn't seem right on this car. Personally I would have flipped the grill section over so it leans backwards, maybe even add the factory bumper back in real low.

(sorry for the shitty photoshop)

Just my opinion, this car is insane regardless. Talk about ultimate driving machine.
                              not sure about flipping the grill but i like the bumper back in A LOT!

For Sale - e24 Build thread

Add me on Facebook
                              Instagram @Dared_Turtle

Comment

• just so sick
                                Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Working...
                                X