• a couple Aircooled VW's'

my 1963

100_2645

And my dad's 1959 ragtop

dsc_0023

dsc_0033

dsc_0032

dsc_0549

u have better taste then ur dad when it comes to stance!

love em both tho
    Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Amazing

Any more pics of your '63?

Comment

Originally posted by P78 View Post
        u have better taste then ur dad when it comes to stance!

love em both tho
        thanks! yeah he likes the way it looks but he just says it makes the car no fun to drive. but i'd have to say if my bug had been as nice as my dads is i would **** myself for dragging it around I think his has more so a functional/performance stance

Originally posted by Proffitt View Post
        Amazing

Any more pics of your '63?
        Yeah I got a few. I dont have any new ones as I havent owned the car for about 2 years now. I miss it

What it looked like when i first got it. This is a pic from the FS ad by the previous owner

Then the work began after a good polish and waxing

Now that is all the pictures I have. Sorry for the pic overload

Comment

Originally posted by Dibaltic View Post

Now that is all the pictures I have. Sorry for the lack of pics
          corrected

some serious work has been put in yours
          Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

thanks

hold on i found a few more misc pictures

interior clean up....

after clean up

and polishing. it started off really dull. i was impressed with how it went from a primer look to decently shiney

and one of it before i tore it apart with my dad's bug before his got restored

I cant wait to get a bug again to wrench on again

Comment

love it!
              facebook.com/hirnwixen.at

Comment

Your dads VW looks stunning but yours looks awesome with the camber out back, just the way i like to see beetles roll.
                Live,Breathe,Build,Believe,BMW!

Comment

I am very jealous. I almost bought a '63 but had to pass due to not being able to accommodate another project. I grew up with my Dad's '60 Cal-Looker (have to say I'm more attracted to your Dad's '59 in this case). Is that a Berg shifter I see on the floor?

Comment

Originally posted by der_fahrer View Post
                    love it!
                    thanks!

Originally posted by slimadi View Post
                    Your dads VW looks stunning but yours looks awesome with the camber out back, just the way i like to see beetles roll.
                    Thank you! and yeah i think bugs can look good in both styles personally. I love them slammed. and I love them lowered moderately like my dads. Personally though whenever I own one it's going to be slammed just like my old one was because thats the way i like them best

Originally posted by lilcraigford View Post
                    I am very jealous. I almost bought a '63 but had to pass due to not being able to accommodate another project. I grew up with my Dad's '60 Cal-Looker (have to say I'm more attracted to your Dad's '59 in this case). Is that a Berg shifter I see on the floor?
                    Thank you, and yes I like the cal-look style as well. although i don't like it when people shave the trim (i know i know thats the main way to do the style, but i like to keep the body looking stock). and yeah in all honesty my dad's car is way nicer then my bug was (mine was wrecked at some point ) as his had zero rust and was never even in a minor fender bender.

Also that is a berg shifter on the floor. Its the 40% reduced throw polished version

Oh and on a side note my dad's bug is also fuel injected as well

Comment

Nice stuff! I'd love to run my 59 at the height your 63 is, but the not so stock engine stops me. Without a Transmission raise and a lot of work im sticking where I am! What are the spec's on your dad's engine?
                      www.brassmunkymedia.com.au

Oversteer Scares The Passengers, Understeer Scares The Driver

Comment

Man
                        56' Big Back Glass Chevy
                        08' Audi S5

Comment

Love the pics man, would love one

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor View Post
                            Nice stuff! I'd love to run my 59 at the height your 63 is, but the not so stock engine stops me. Without a Transmission raise and a lot of work im sticking where I am! What are the spec's on your dad's engine?
                            I know what you mean. And its a 2276cc with webber redline fuel injection. the exhaust was custom built by the guy that built the engine/tranny. I'd have to ask dad for the fuel run down. But basically the whole goal with the car was to have a bug that could get up and go, but yet still be comfortable to drive to car shows a couple or even a few hours away without having to worry whether or not it might overheat and what not.

Originally posted by Proffitt View Post
                            Love the pics man, would love one
                            get one, you wont regret it. they are a lot of fun
                            Last edited by Dibaltic; 08-23-2011, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dibaltic View Post
                              Thank you, and yes I like the cal-look style as well. although i don't like it when people shave the trim (i know i know thats the main way to do the style, but i like to keep the body looking stock). and yeah in all honesty my dad's car is way nicer then my bug was (mine was wrecked at some point ) as his had zero rust and was never even in a minor fender bender.

Also that is a berg shifter on the floor. Its the 40% reduced throw polished version

Oh and on a side note my dad's bug is also fuel injected as well
                              Nice! Dad's got a fuel-injected 1776cc with a Berg 5-speed in the '60.

Comment

Working...
                              X