No announcement yet.

My Sunfire...wait what???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i like this, only thing that bothers me is that back end, looks like an elephant sat on in. put something on there and you'll be ok.
    i don't think the wheels are too big, they look good as is, and the low is decent but could use an inch more of drop. with the 'before" status i would have slammed the shit out of it and gone to a forest to do some offroading

Comment

Thanks everyone, I did some more work on the front the other day and got around a half inch lower. Now to see what I can do to the rear to get it down some more.

Comment

I remember loving the shit out of those Bomex kits when they first came out, haha.

"Everything has potential."

Comment

I have been working on the car some more. I redid the exhaust and lowered it about 1/4" all around. Here is a pic from earlier tonight when I was out playing with my camera.

Comment

I got some 8mm spacers for the front but I will probably get some 10mm or maybe 15mm spacers soon I also finished tinting all the signal lights. Anyway here are some pics of how it sits now.

Let me know what you think. I am always open to suggestions that will make it better.

Comment

Oh my God.....that hideous thing. But you did a nice job on turning around. Props.
              http://www.facebook.com/mephotog
              http://www.facebook.com/rulingsociety

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchy View Post
                smaller wheels and tires = problem solved
                That.
                No switches, Mo' bitches..... @Top_ranks_ejay6 #EKsquad

Comment

Originally posted by 97sunvalier View Post
                  Last edited by CubbyChowder; 08-20-2011, 08:45 PM.

--Golden Boy E30 Build--

--My Shop: Where Passion Meets Livelihood (or tries to)--

--Etsy Shop--

--@ayyyitsmikey--

Comment

That face is exactly why it doesn't look like that anymore. I was tired of looking at it everyday and I needed a change.

Comment

Interesting... the shape has promise. I never noticed just how muscular the rear quarters of the Sunfire were compared to the Cavalier until I saw a Cavalier front on a Sunfire coupe.

Clean up the car overall and it could look pretty damn slick, I think. Do they make any decent looking shorter front bumpers for the Cavalier? Sort of has an underbite, from the side.

Comment

I think an exhaust that isn't a fart can would look nice, along with a splitter maybe? Or some sort of lip on the rear. It's just really high in the back.

I think shaving the reflectors off of the rear bumper would clean it up as well. But as others have been saying, the shape of this car is actually pretty nice.

Cole

Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion
                        yeah it's got turbo and it looks decent stanced, but it's a fucking Neon, the survived-abortion of the 90's auto industry.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy-Bert View Post
                          You should get a medal for what you've undone.
                          x100! Car looks WAY better since then.

Comment

Pretty much the only front bumper that flows with the lines of the car for the 95-99 cavallier is the Z24 package which is what I have on the car. I'm not 100% but I think they make a couple lip kits for that bumper. As for the rear I have been looking for a Sunfire GT rear bumper because it has a small lip on the bottom that would closer match the front and sides. I start back to college Monday so I have all year to look for parts and get ideas for next summer.

Comment

Originally posted by 97sunvalier View Post
                              That face is exactly why it doesn't look like that anymore. I was tired of looking at it everyday and I needed a change.
                              Yeah, you definitely changed it for the better. Looks a lot better now than it did before. It's surprisingly bearable for what it is. Not saying you have bad taste, just saying it's not very typical for a stanced car. Either way, at the end of the day, you're in it for the same reason as everyone else on stanceworks.

--Golden Boy E30 Build--

--My Shop: Where Passion Meets Livelihood (or tries to)--

--Etsy Shop--

--@ayyyitsmikey--

Comment

Originally posted by cubbychowder View Post
                                yeah, you definitely changed it for the better. Looks a lot better now than it did before. It's surprisingly bearable for what it is. Not saying you have bad taste, just saying it's not very typical for a stanced car. Either way, at the end of the day, you're in it for the same reason as everyone else on stanceworks.

truth ... !

Comment

Working...
                                X