Eleanor Mustang: Memphis Raines rips it up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eleanor Mustang: Memphis Raines rips it up

To start off, this was the most intensive photo shoot I have ever done to date. It spanned a total of 5 days, contained 26 hours of shooting time, and probably at least 3 times that in editing time alone. One shot I have close to 10 hours of editing time into.

Would I do this again for another Eleanor owner? Not a chance in hell. I've done it once and in my opinion thats all it can be done. The concept that the owner wanted was to replicate screen captures from the Gone In 60 Seconds movie - not an easy task when the movie was filmed on the exact opposite end of the country in and around Long Beach CA. Not all the shots are a dead match, but they're close. Some shots were given our own spin, something that looks like it belonged in the movie. Other shots I gave my usual treatment to. As you can see in the shots below recreating a movie still completely goes against my normal method of shooting a car so it was difficult to un-learn what I usually do, and then do something completely different.

Highlights of the shoot: We had a run in with some State Troopers in Albany, I witnessed a Mexican gentleman dry hump the rear quarter panel of the car in South Troy, we had countless people stare, one guy back his car up down a one way street in Troy, a visit from a Government security guard at an old Navy Yard, shooting in 96*F high noon sun, and probably a lot more things I am forgetting.

The hood of this Eleanor is the one used in the movie before he jumps the ambulance, which I am told took two months of constant phone calls to get them to sell. The wheels and exhaust tips also came from movie cars.

There are 62 photos total; see them all here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/killerb...7626720361694/

Link to chase scene: http://youtu.be/dNhj72Hyk6Q

Flickr

This set, is leaps and bounds better than anything I have ever seen you produce. Absolutely stunning work man, all that work seems to have paid off.

This shot - http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5232/...1c24814c_b.jpg

Absolutely amazing, words can't describe, instant top 10 favorite automotive images ever.

This should be in the showroom, just saying, all this work deserves to be seen.
    Last edited by Kielan; 07-04-2011, 10:02 AM.
    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Moved for you because I agree with Kielan on this one. Beautiful work, statics look better than the panning shots to me. I need to look again on my proper display at home.

Comment

Wow, bad ass car and a bad ass shoot/idea.

GREAT work
        Real name is James

Comment

Stunning photography and an absolutely beautiful car!

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

Loving this !

Comment

what no pictures matching the jump scene?
              car looks great

Comment

Beautiful!
                Baby Six!

Comment

Holy crap Jim. Ive been waiting to see this shoot but this came out better than anything I expected. Super dope stuff man. Keep it up dude. Repping hard for the NE! haha

IG: @_olliee

Comment

badass!

Comment

great job!!!

Comment

The only blurry panning shots that I like. EVER. Kudos sir, you did a wonderful job with these.
                        Steve - now in San Diego!

Shoot My Car - Automotive Photography in SoCal

Comment

speechless.

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge View Post
                            Moved for you because I agree with Kielan on this one. Beautiful work, statics look better than the panning shots to me. I need to look again on my proper display at home.
                            Thanks! I am terrible at panning so my poor attempts make the shots look more like accurate movie stills.

Originally posted by Ericdd View Post
                            what no pictures matching the jump scene?
                            car looks great
                            I wanted to, but finding an ambulance, flatbed, and doing it on a bridge would be a nightmare lol.

Originally posted by Ollie View Post
                            Holy crap Jim. Ive been waiting to see this shoot but this came out better than anything I expected. Super dope stuff man. Keep it up dude. Repping hard for the NE! haha
                            Thanks man!

Originally posted by Aitch View Post
                            The only blurry panning shots that I like. EVER. Kudos sir, you did a wonderful job with these.
                            Haha, yea my terrible panning skills paid off lol.
                            Flickr

Comment

Simply incredible....made my jaw drop

Comment

Working...
                              X