And so it begins.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And so it begins.......

I'm speechless... not in my wildest dreams did I expect Stance of the Union to turn out the way it did. To say that we undershot our estimates would be putting it mildly. The "Thank You's" are too many to list but I'm gonna try:

- Jun and Gio for their brainstorming and pushing me to do this.
    - William, Rob and Team 16Niss -- without them this thing would have been a disaster.
    - M. Burroughs for seeing the vision and supporting it in full.
    - Webb and Mike @ FMU for being available to help in any way and just being flat out cool peeps to roll around with.
    - Edafe for coming through on the S.O.T.U. Decals that turned out amazing.
    - DJ Dawadu for laying it down on the tables and keeping the energy up.
    - Vince and Tommy @ Tritek for being generous enough to give away a free tint job.
    - Mark @ HellaFlush / Fatlace for supporting the event in full.
    - Andrew Hudson for pulling out all the stops on the video work (did anyone else see that video crane moving everywhere?!)
    - Kuang and Mark for hooking everyone up at A-Loft (DOPE venue and amazing drinks.... will definitely be doing more business there in the future.)
    - NOS Energy for the free product (I would have literally passed out without it)
    - The Plano Police for leaving us alone without a permit.. seriously thats a big one.
    - Cobb Tuning for allowing us to take over every square inch of their parking.
    - Tunerlifestyletv.com for coming out and filming.
    - Swang-N-Bang for making a EPIC arrival, despite a flat tire (thanks for staying committed fellas)
    - Calvin Yeh for helping get the word around the forums early on.

I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot of people and will be editing this post several times to include them, but this gives you an idea of the involvement it took to see this thing become reality. The only reason there was success was because of the team of people that help execute this thing to near perfection.
    It was something that I have rarely seen happen let alone in the car world. It was people uniting as a community of enthusiasts to rise to the occassion and let everyone know that this isn't a "scene" but in fact a "movement."

This event, from conception to the day of, was put together in roughly 6 weeks. In 6 weeks, we had close to 200 stance cars come in from Louisana, Oklahoma, Missouri, Tennessee, California, Arizona, Up from Houston, San Antonio, Austin and all over Dallas. Are you kidding me?! No, friends... this is the renewing of the car enthusiast. When in unison we are all willing to come out and let the world know that the "commercial car show" might be dying, but the enthusiast is alive and well.

This is just the beginning folks. We are already working on our next event as well as something next year that will send your jaw to the floor. This weekend proved to many people that the "stance game" is the real deal and they are coming out of the woodwork to get involved. Time will tell, but just know that everyone there was a part of something big that is going to continue on.

Thanks to you all for without you this is just another car meet. Keep pushing the limits of your imagination and continue to build this wonderful community.

Ben

Thanks for everything, Ben.

Comment

WRD!!! im already picking up another car to start workin on!! AWESOME MEET!!!!

Comment

Thanks for hosting such an amazing event. Couldn't be more happy that I made it down.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
        www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
        I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

Comment

Thanks for the shout, Ben. I had a great time. You guys did an awesome job of putting this together! I'm looking forward to the next event. By that time I should have something else up my sleeves.
          Originally posted by Jesus Christ
          if "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" doesnt include being able to buy a huge veiny motherfucker then the declaration of independence isnt worth the hemp it was written on.
          Originally posted by Jedidiah
          he speaks the truth.. he doesn't even have the -- -- eyes.

Comment

great words Ben.....and great meet! I honestly believe...and felt that I would have like this more than HIN...if that were to even had happen! Stance/Quality cars!
            sigpic

to purchase Authentic Tee's please PM me. And click the link below on my blog to see the shirt designs....

Follow Me: http://jluphotography.blogspot.com/

Comment

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT I got mentioned

Great meeting everyone I did and all thanks to ben for having the vision to get us all together in one place.

THIS WILL BE BIG

Comment

Well put Ben... Best event ever in Texas. It was a fresh of air seeing every one talking to each other about their cars and not being to cool for school. I see your vision and was glad to help out where I can. I can't wait for more events to come done by you and would be glad to help out with those as well. Time for the Hot rod era to begin...

Contact me if you are interested in DPE Wheels edafe@dpe-wheels.com

Comment

great job ben and supporting staff.

this event was much bigger than i expected. not only in numbers but also, and more importantly, in the caliber of cars that showed up. i didn't matter what facet of the scene the cars came from, everything was on point.

i look forward to the next one (i will come correct).

Comment

Thanks Ben, Team 16 Niss has always prided itself on pushing the scene for the enthusiast and making positive contributions towards our movement. The foundation has been paved for a new beginning in the South. Not just Texas...the whole Southern US region. We've got the passion, there is no denying that. We all share the same love of cars. Now let's show the NATION what we have in store.

My brain is on fire with ideas...that is all I will say for now.
                    http://www.team16niss.org
                    http://www.futurabrakes.com

Comment

Thanks Ben for such an awesome meet. I had a great time and can't wait for the next one.

If you need any help for the next event I'll gladly volunteer.
                      Last edited by Oscar; 10-20-2009, 12:01 PM.
                      ShakotanOscar.blogspot.com
                      Fabulous Street Scene

Comment

Ben, my body still hurts & my brain is till on fire but damn was it worth all the work!!!

IG:uvebeenrobd
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by 6erWebb View Post
                          WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT I got mentioned

Great meeting everyone I did and all thanks to ben for having the vision to get us all together in one place.

THIS WILL BE BIG
                          aww i didnt get mentioned. and i got burnt to a crisp for you Ben!! jk. it was fun. kudos for putting it all together so seamlessly

Comment

great job ben and all those involved

made me proud that an event like this took place in dallas

i always drool at the car scene on either coast but this weekend showed that we have a great scene here as well!
                            AJ

Comment

the whole event was on fire! and the weather played out jus sooo nice!

Ben, props to you. amazing turn out. you baller.

big ups to all the people who came from out of town. I saw plates from everywhere!

goes to show where the stance world is headed. much alive.
                              FUTURA DESIGN///

Comment

Working...
                              X