• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Such an inspiration to MB owners.
    My website

Comment

man, i was hoping to see some new wheels haha

Comment

Sooo many good looking wheels have been on that car!

Comment

Holy crap!
          All the wheels look so good in the car. I want all of them, and the car to.
          Wanna donate?
          Forget about bad roads, forget about speedbumps, go as low as you can, 'cause low is a lifestyle!

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave View Post
            oh hai

what are these wimz called?
            what size are they?
            are you selling any of your wheels?
            did you sell the RSII's?
            How did you color the RSII lips and center?
            I haz 4 wimz. need 4 more.

Comment

love it. Bimmer guys really know how to do it in herrrr
              sigpic
              SteveO@OpenRoadTuning.com
              (888) 407-2997
              >>>OPENROADTUNING<<<
              >> CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEB STORE!! <<

Become a Fan!!

Homegrown Motorsports
              Blown Euros
              Wheel Whores

Comment

Originally posted by SILV3R View Post
                man, i was hoping to see some new wheels haha
                Nothing in the works for new wheels, I've kind of "fallen out of love" with my car and it hasn't been touched in months.

Originally posted by scaredofstance View Post
                what are these wimz called?
                what size are they?
                are you selling any of your wheels?
                did you sell the RSII's?
                How did you color the RSII lips and center?
                They are custom one-off billet Boyd Coddingtons. They are 17x8.5" ET20 two-piece, with 15mm spacers in the rear and 205/40-17 tires.

I sold my wheel collection last year. The Boyds are all I own right now except for a set of staggered, low offset 16" BBS RA's that are an unknown bolt pattern. To paint the RSII's I took them apart and painted the lips. The center caps come apart so they were easy to paint. It was all just spray bombed with a copper paint and clear coated. I sold the RSII's to Santi who had them on his bagged MkIV Jetta for a while, but he has since sold them as well.

Last edited by Digitalwave; 03-10-2010, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Nothing in the works for new wheels, I've kind of "fallen out of love" with my car and it hasn't been touched in months.
                  yea i know what you mean, after owning a car for so long it's kind of hard to keep things interesting.

just get some new rare baller ass wheels and i guarantee you'll be back in love! haha

Comment

I'm still in love with the Boyds. I've had some unique and rare wheels in the past but I don't think I will ever part with the Boyds as they are TRULY unique.

I'm sure my interest will come back sooner or later.

Comment

This car has always been an inspiration, nice work TJ.
                      Originally posted by Oh, Word?
                      You guys realize every time you mention his car being lower than a bagged car his penis grows one inch in girth.

Comment

Seen It!

www.seenitcrew.com

Comment

Whenever I get bored with my car I just get a mod that changes the look of the car like some new wheels. I know what you mean though, there's nothing to change on your car and topping those wheels is about impossible... Raise it up and turn it back to stock for a week, then restance it and you'll fall back in love.

IG: @_olliee

Comment

They are custom one-off billet Boyd Coddingtons. They are 17x8.5" ET20 two-piece, with 15mm spacers in the rear and 205/40-17 tires.

I sold my wheel collection last year. The Boyds are all I own right now except for a set of staggered, low offset 16" BBS RA's that are an unknown bolt pattern. To paint the RSII's I took them apart and painted the lips. The center caps come apart so they were easy to paint. It was all just spray bombed with a copper paint and clear coated. I sold the RSII's to Santi who had them on his bagged MkIV Jetta for a while, but he has since sold them as well.

damn you make it look so easy, im sacred to pull mine apart. ive never done sh1t like that before

Comment

This looks very familiar!! I am in the process of refinishing my RSII's right now. Not very hard at all, but it does take some time to do things right. I had a messed up trip ring so I stripped all 5 of my rims and am going to mirror polish the actual lips. The one I am finished sanding has not been polished or waxed yet, so it will only get better.
                              These are my Graphite Metallic centers that are going out to get powdercoated Matte Black.

This is what they look like after you pull the centers.

This is a finished rims ready for polish.

The worst part about projects like this is the time involved.
                              1991 535iM (EML car): Schwartz/Schwartz, BBS RSII (18x8.5, 18x10), EDS Spacers (15mm, 20mm), Nex Coilovers, Full Zender body kit, HID 6000k lows/fogs, Smoked Hellas, Smoked corners, M5 filler plate, M5 sways, Mtech ZHP knob, E36 M3 Steering Wheel

Comment

Originally posted by googone20 View Post
                                This looks very familiar!! I am in the process of refinishing my RSII's right now. Not very hard at all, but it does take some time to do things right. I had a messed up trip ring so I stripped all 5 of my rims and am going to mirror polish the actual lips. The one I am finished sanding has not been polished or waxed yet, so it will only get better.
                                These are my Graphite Metallic centers that are going out to get powdercoated Matte Black.

This is what they look like after you pull the centers.

This is a finished rims ready for polish.

The worst part about projects like this is the time involved.
                                nice. is your lip protector dented, or chewed up?
                                how are you gonna fix it?

Comment

Working...
                                X