X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well.

At least he went out with a bang.

This actually reminds me of you posting a thread a long while ago, asking how Rusty should die, IIRC, there were some people voting for burning it down.

I'm really sorry to hear this, Mike, like I already posted on FB. Glad you got out relatively okay though, that's more important than a car, all day, every day!

Though, I'm not completely convinced that this is the end until you have had a chance to pull it out and look it over. I'm still holding out hope that Rusty, or Satan's Chariot, will ride again.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

Geez that's insane I'm glad everyone is okay though. Glad it wasn't any worse.
      56' Big Back Glass Chevy
      08' Audi S5

Comment

Sorry to hear.. Glad everyone is okay!
        - '89 E30 M-Tech 2
        - '10 TT RS
        - '13 A3 SB

Comment

This is a sad day all around the world just saw this on vwclubsa

Good luck guys hope you can use the body for a trailer or something sweet so that the presence of it never leaves us...

Zacdaniel Janse van Vuuren
          Founder of www.neckbreakerz.com if it's legit we'v got it...
          Portfolio on www.mimeophoto.com

Comment

I guess it really is better to burn out than fade away. Sorry about your loss Mike.
            I ees een jur cambers, nomnomin on jur tairs

Comment

Sorry to here and see this mike glad to here no one got hurt tho R.I.P Rusty
              Live,Breathe,Build,Believe,BMW!

Comment

It really makes me sad to know that there is one less unique machine out there now, and that on top of that, you lost so much along with it. I can't imagine how heavy this must feel, but i know that everyone on here gives you their condolences and hopes things will get better sooner than later.

also: satan was just letting you rent that thing i guess.

-Updated 07-29-2013- _ padraig@deathsquad.ca _ _

Comment

Sucks when a moment of fun causes such a big mess. Can't say I've done the same but I've done similar. Live and learn, and be happy it wasn't worse; that gas could have easily sprayed on you rather than the garage.

I look forward to what you do next, I still have my first e30 sitting in my yard that I'm probably never going to get around to working on....

Comment

Damn, this is like an end of an era in the car world. Rusty was one of the most controversial and imo epic builds I have ever seen. It broke a lot of molds in the BMW world, between the rust, the going bags, chopped roof, and everything, this cars been to hell and back, and went out in flames. Even though we lost an icon of the car world with this car, we still have the master mind behind it and all those who were involved in the building, its a miracle under those conditions that nobody else was injured what so ever. A structure and a car can be rebuilt, a life is a one time shot that can never be regained once lost. Im sure whatever Mike decides to do from here on out will be insane. Hes been one to push the boundries with his builds so far, now to see where he goes from here will be a great journey. Youve got a while community behind you to support you here Mike, we wish you all the best, and whatever help we can give you, Im more than sure that the community will put forth whatever they can, whether monetary or emotionally.
                    -Matt

Comment

Saw this on tumblr this morning. I'm sorry, Mike.
                      Originally posted by Jesus Christ
                      if "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" doesnt include being able to buy a huge veiny motherfucker then the declaration of independence isnt worth the hemp it was written on.
                      Originally posted by Jedidiah
                      he speaks the truth.. he doesn't even have the -- -- eyes.

Comment

RIP Rusty

Glad everyone's okay!

Comment

It's a sad day, indeed. Sorry for the loss man. Glad everyone is okay though.

Comment

That could have gone a lot worse the way to described it, sorry to hear man, hope you get everything worked out.

Comment

Originally posted by Skibum291 View Post
                              well that fucking sucks
                              Sums it up

Comment

Mike I hope u get some good news out of this.

if the car is still use able. Keep it somewhere and bring it back from the dead.

But im srry for your loose, and i hope Shirley isnt to sad either.

Rust in Peace. You Will Never Be Forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                                X