X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i loved that car!

Comment

• I'm sorry for the losses of everything that you now no longer have. Rusty was an inspiration to thousands.

about a year and a half ago, a friend's car burned at the dragstrip. He had several bottles of nitrous and lots of fuel, the car sat burning for over 4 hours. The wheels that were on that car as it burned are on my car now and have been there for over a year, without issue. However, I have experimented with some of his other aluminum parts and they're definitely weakened. He had a crazy cage invested into the car, so he wanted to try and salvage the chassis. It turns out, because the structure is all mild steel, it's deemed still reusable, iirc, it can even still be FIA compliant- he's working on rebuilding. Aluminum really takes a beating from the fire, I tried to use his VAC oil filter housing, which went great the first 20 miles, then the alternator bracket bent- so be weary of fire-damaged aluminum... but the wheels still take a beating and dont bend, bu they're simple two-piece, seam-welded wheels- not like your forged shoes.

Comment

• This sucks
        Sorry Mike, glad that everyone is ok
        I dislike Byron.

Comment

• Definitely sad news... we all know you'll be back with another impressive build, Mike.

Comment

• I really can't believe the chain reaction of absolute shit luck that occured to cause all of this to happen.
            As you said, I'm glad nobody was hurt, but I still can't believe that it happened.

I'm sure you'll come back with a vengeance, though. Something that people will REALLY ****, I hope

Comment

• chop top e36 next?

Comment

• sorry for your loss mike this was truly a spectacular car. R.I.P rusty

Comment

• that really sucks.

Comment

• i see what you did there..

Comment

• Yikes! Sorry for you man!

If it's not inappropriate to do so so soon could I suggest an E30 next??
                      "Promoting the diminishment of automotive ground clearance since 2010"

Comment

• Originally posted by turboxr View Post
                        Sucks.

Now you can do a Merkur XR4Ti.
                        Seriously.

I'll even sell you a shell for a hundred bucks. I've got one here waiting for you. Come and get it, and it's yours as long as you go ape crazy with it.

Heck, I'd probably give it to you...
                        Last edited by turboxr; 04-12-2011, 10:27 AM. Reason: Feeling charitable.

Comment

• Sucks dude. was looking forward to what form the car took this summer.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfmYCM4CS8o"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfmYCM4CS8o[/ame]

Comment

• My heart just broke. It was more than a car... it had some kind of life... If only you knew how many people from different country watched this build and was hoping to see something new soon... Sorry man. This is sad. But at least, no one was hurt.

Comment

• Sorry to see this man. I didn't know you live less than a mile down the road from me.

Comment

• i love how people have nothing but bad thing to say about this.

Other then that.

I have fallowed this build since the first upgrades. to the last and loved every rebuild and reinventing of him.

Only thing i wanna see is this chassis be saved and/or stored, Not Scraped cause it means so much to the StanceWorks Community and Is and will forever be the basis for Prefect Stance.

Rust In Peace

Rusty Slammington
                                1985 - 2011

We Didn't Lose a Car We Lost a Legend.
                                No Other Car has brought so many people together Like Rusty

Last edited by ChristopherJason; 04-12-2011, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X