This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RCFC89 View Post
    ^Weren't those varrstoen's? I thought the show was kinda a let down. All the hype this show had with cars coming from all over the us and there were seriously maybe 100 cars. I figured it would fill at least half the parking lot. The quality of ride was nice but the volume was a major let down imo.
    I saw a black GS on dark grey TE37s.

But I agree, the quality of cars was nice in general but volume was lacking. Your car was definitely one of my favorites. It would have been better if there was some type of competition as well and not too many people dressed up for the event.

Comment

• I've gotta say, while not 100% perfect, I think the show was pretty damn good. I was actually impressed with the turnout. The atmosphere was great, as well as the quality of cars...

I went to waterwerks the next day and even though there were probably more cars, the spread out, sectioned parking made the show look sparse. Tailored was a more diverse crowd in a much tighter space, which I thought was much better.

As far as the competition aspect, I understand the thought, but I also enjoy how the lack of competition makes for a nice laid back time. Maybe there could be a show worked into it, but I feel that it would hurt the event more than help. Either way, I sure hope it happens again, one of the better shows I've been to in the last few years...
      TheFitGarage.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCFC89 View Post
        ^Weren't those varrstoen's? I thought the show was kinda a let down. All the hype this show had with cars coming from all over the us and there were seriously maybe 100 cars. I figured it would fill at least half the parking lot. The quality of ride was nice but the volume was a major let down imo.
        naw they were legit TE37's but i have to agree. i was mad dissappointed. not to mention my car broke down a week before SW. and none of my buddies brought there cars. but i still had a blast.

Comment

• Originally posted by Orisue46 View Post
          naw they were legit TE37's but i have to agree. i was mad dissappointed. not to mention my car broke down a week before SW. and none of my buddies brought there cars. but i still had a blast.
          I only saw him rolling. Its a shame that now days with everyone running knock-offs that when you see a flat colored te style wheel you automatically assume there varrstoens or rotas.

[89 FC3S] Stance GR+ coilovers/WORK Meister S1 3P 18X9+10 /18X10+5
          http://www.stanceworks.com/2010/11/ryans-fc-rx7/

Comment

• E30 pix plz!

Comment

• Too good!!

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

• Ive spent most of my day laughing at these and reliving the awesome weekend
                Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

• Originally posted by exexpat View Post
                  FWIW, I like your car a lot.

In terms of constructive feedback, I would say...

1. Communication leading up to the event was lacking
                  2. Pull-in could have been planned better
                  3. I was surprised there was no competition aspect to the show, made me feel like it was just a big get together with entry fee, but not really a car show
                  4. Lack of concessions of any kind was strange. Would have at least communicated this to participants with a note to "bring your own food and beverage"

I thought Stancewars was about perfect and that show with the Tailored after party idea would have been ideal in my opinion.

Overall, I would give it a 6/10. The quality of cars was incredible and I still can't get over how good the A4 looks on the Rotiforms. Envy.
                  Originally posted by RCFC89 View Post
                  The feeling is mutual your jag is very nicely executed.

1. Very lacking
                  2. Can't complain I came in early with the sponsors.
                  3. The fact that it was a gathering/meet is why I expected many more cars then what showed.
                  4. What you didn't enjoy the 2 mile hike to get food at fred meyers

Stancewars had a decent showing but the judging was downright horrible. A judged show always includes a complete evaluation of each car entered in the show. What happen at stancewars was an insult to me and many others. 90% of the cars there weren't even looked at or judged. If your going to label something as a car show and release a judging criteria you best follow through. Many judged shows in the northwest have had a bad reputation for winning being more about who you know rather then what you have. Stancewars was no exception.
                  In terms of the Event... if you paid attention to the name "Tailored: A Premium Automotive Fitment Gathering" StanceWorks doesn't put on "Shows" so it was a essentially a big get together. The entry process was something new that we tried, some liked it... some ***** it... but being one of the people making the call I would say it was a success for the most part, I know me, Sean ,Dave, Oxer, Brandon, and everyone else were having a blast a ton of the participants were having fun at the gates and I think that energy transfered into the event, the vibe was great the smiles were plentiful. I agree the quality of car was grade "A" and we would have loved to see more people show up, but that is not within the realm of our control, we as PNW'ers shy away from the poor weather and I think that had a negative effect on the turn out.

As for your complaints about StanceWars... that is a whole different event that should be discussed seperately. But rest assured every single car there was judged, just because you didnt see it doesnt mean it didnt happen.

IN REGARDS TO BOTH EVENTS: Any other questions/concerns/comments/suggestions can be directed to the FaceBook page for the event, Being a volunteer and helping with these events I know we are always glad to hear the opinions of the attendees to better the experience as a whole.

On a side note, as a very opinionated person who has taken some offence to the negativity... If you think you can put on a better event, please do so... I will be in attendance, I attended both events and had more fun at them then any other automotive events I have ever attended, subjective opinion, maybe, but I know for a fact I am not the only one that feels the way I do.

Comment

• <3

Comment

• Paul, it was great to meet you and I really liked your suit.

Apologies if I offended you. I thought I was fair in my feedback, not negative. I am used to project and event management in my profession and having a bit of a post-mortem participant feedback is normal in order to make the next iteration stronger. I enjoyed the event a lot (though regretfully had to leave early to tend to my kids) and think with a few minor optimizations and a bit more communication, it would be perfect.
                      My first JDM project after decades of European cars!

Comment

• Originally posted by exexpat View Post
                        Paul, it was great to meet you and I really liked your suit.

Apologies if I offended you. I thought I was fair in my feedback, not negative. I am used to project and event management in my profession and having a bit of a post-mortem participant feedback is normal in order to make the next iteration stronger. I enjoyed the event a lot (though regretfully had to leave early to tend to my kids) and think with a few minor optimizations and a bit more communication, it would be perfect.
                        It was great to finally meet you as well, and thanks for the compliment, and the pass, it was put to good use, and sorry if I wasnt more direct at whom that comment was aimed at, I appreciate your constructive feedback, that comment was more aimed at someone who wants the world for free and has done absolutely nothing to earn it... here is a PM he sent me in regards to what we do...

Originally posted by RCFC89
                        Your high if you think every car was judged at StanceWars. I literally watched tolliver and the other guy walk around. They looked at maybe 8 cars where the other guy was putting in info on his Ipad. .....'s car wasn't even in the top 5 in stance at that show sorry. I for one will never go to another one of Tollivers events...
                        This guy thinks he is king tut of the PNW scene... I have yet to meet him and judging by his attitude I never will have to, especially considering he just Un-invited himself to every show in the PNW... whatta clown.

Comment

• Originally posted by LuckyBoyOne3 View Post
                          It was great to finally meet you as well, and thanks for the compliment, and the pass, it was put to good use, and sorry if I wasnt more direct at whom that comment was aimed at, I appreciate your constructive feedback, that comment was more aimed at someone who wants the world for free and has done absolutely nothing to earn it... here is a PM he sent me in regards to what we do...

This guy thinks he is king tut of the PNW scene... I have yet to meet him and judging by his attitude I never will have to, especially considering he just Un-invited himself to every show in the PNW... whatta clown.
                          Yes, that was the reason I replied and tried to take a constructive tone as opposed to bashing. I was tempted to say how the commentary was coming across, but someone did that in another thread. That said, I do like the RX7 a lot - it is probably the best RX7 I have seen of that vintage, ever. Having judged shows I realize this is an underappreciated job and there is always 'that one guy' who feels cheated with the process.

If the name you omitted to protect the innocent was mine, then I agree with him - tons of beautiful cars there and I was amazed I got anything. Though I do tend to try and pay attention to the details, display and safety items for the points game.
                          My first JDM project after decades of European cars!

Comment

• Great discussion guys. Nice to have feedback from Jeremy, he certainly has the experience to pull from. I remember the days of the Mk2, always loved that car.

I was unable to make it due to a hangup with my adapters but have seen nothing but positive aspects in photos and am looking forward to making it next year!

Comment

• Myth confirmed, that guy is a fuckin baby.

I've seen nothing but bitching from him in every thread about tailored.

Comment

Working...
                              X