school me on E28 BMW's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• school me on E28 BMW's

i recently sold my mustang and would like to pick up an e28 BMW.

can you guys tell me some pros/cons to these cars?

how much would it cost to make one of these 'stanced'? and what parts would i use?

and where can i get euro bumpers for them? i **** the big ugly u.s. spec ones.

thanks for the help guys

and do any of you guys have an e28 for sale?

Comment

Most that are on here have cut springs...

IG: PavelKostyurin

Comment

Hey man, Mye28.com. Search around there.
        If you don't have an angle grinder, one can be purchased for $30 from Walmart.
        Just the car up, take the strut assembly out, compress the springs, take them off the assembly, take the trusty angle grinder and cut 3 coils all around to start. That's a safe low. reassemble and take off jack stands.
        Euro bumpers can cost a lot. It really depends on the shipping if that's needed, but I think you'd be looking at $500-700 for bumpers. Euro lights can be anywhere from $250-400.
        I'd suggest bumperless, buy euro bumper trim rubber and adhere it to the valence. It's much cheaper and almost looks the same IMO.

It all depends on how much money you are willing to spend.
        Biggest thing that sets a nice e28 apart from a beater is the wheels IMO. Get some quality deep basketweaves.
        Christof Goulart
        FCGoulartDesign.

Comment

Originally posted by runningpanda View Post
          Hey man, Mye28.com. Search around there.
          If you don't have an angle grinder, one can be purchased for $30 from Walmart.
          Just the car up, take the strut assembly out, compress the springs, take them off the assembly, take the trusty angle grinder and cut 3 coils all around to start. That's a safe low. reassemble and take off jack stands.
          Euro bumpers can cost a lot. It really depends on the shipping if that's needed, but I think you'd be looking at $500-700 for bumpers. Euro lights can be anywhere from $250-400.
          I'd suggest bumperless, buy euro bumper trim rubber and adhere it to the valence. It's much cheaper and almost looks the same IMO.

It all depends on how much money you are willing to spend.
          Biggest thing that sets a nice e28 apart from a beater is the wheels IMO. Get some quality deep basketweaves.
          the bumperless thing sounds good enough for me. any idea how much the trim runs? how bad will the car ride/handle with the cut coils?

(ive never cut the suspension on a car before )

know of any decent basketweave style wheels that i could pick up for less than $1k?

Comment

Style 5s are a cheap (ish) option and always seem to look good.
            I picked mine up for $900 with tires. RS's are of course lots more.
            You may have to clean them up? Polishing lips, powder coating centers, etc, but it all works out.
            Cut coils ride alright. Cut H&R's or Spaxx springs are much better than stock.
            Go over to mye28.com.
            IG: ossiep

Comment

hey OP, i'll sell you my '85 euro if you're interested with only 88k on a working odometer.

Comment

Originally posted by euro e28 View Post
                hey OP, i'll sell you my '85 euro if you're interested with only 88k on a working odometer.
                where are you located? any pics?

Comment

The euro bumper trim costs about $30 I believe.
                  Mine rides perfect on cut springs. But I'm still not low enough. I need to take another coil off the front and 1.5 off the back.
                  Christof Goulart
                  FCGoulartDesign.

Comment

Originally posted by 1988montecarloss View Post
                    where are you located? any pics?
                    i'm in Cordova TN right outside of Memphis. here is a pic of the car. right now it's sitting on factory bottlecap 14s. pm me if interested for more details.

Comment

Working...
                    X