Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by .Mad Hatter. View Post
    oh snap, I hadn't seen the valve cover completely done...looks doooooope
    Thanks broski, come by tomorrow, finishing up the welding in the bay then prep prep prep.

It's pretty dumped too, made some coils today.

Originally posted by dc5erm View Post
    this is an interesting build, cant wait to see it finished!
    Thanks, I can't wait either

Update

So since I wanted to roll the car across the parking lot to my buddie's exhaust shop so he can help me weld up the engine bay (use a gasless flux core sucks ass) I had to make some suspension for the car to roll on. Obviously even something temporary still had to be low.

Checking to make sure the tires wont rub after I welded the perches on.

Low low

reverse rake is ghey, but it should come down with the engine/trans/intercooler setup/ and body panels. If it's two high I have 5 inch springs to swap in instead of the 6 inch that are in there.

fitting a buddies 16x9 rs with a 255 on it, a little bit meaty :P

I'm hoping to have the welding in the bay finished tomorrow and lay down the primer. But we'll see what happens, I really want to be ready to have the engine in by the end of the weekend, but may be wishful thinking.

Comment

• lol, Gill brought his RS by? nice. I will stop by today, progress is moving along, good stuff Steve!

Comment

• Originally posted by .Mad Hatter. View Post
        lol, Gill brought his RS by? nice. I will stop by today, progress is moving along, good stuff Steve!

Yeah man, peeled the tires and split them for him.

Comment

• What are you running for a rear end? stock lsd?

1984 BMW 318i- 1JZ-GTE

Comment

• just popping in to say that i love this.

Comment

• Originally posted by EuroNut View Post
              What are you running for a rear end? stock lsd?
              The car was originally a auto 325is that comes with a 4:10 lsd, which is what im running.

Originally posted by Francois Dillinger View Post
              just popping in to say that i love this.
              Thanks

Comment

• Hey, I know that POS Legacy from the previous page.

My new wallpaper.

Standard ratio here... LINK
                And a shameless plug of our other wallpapers LINK

Scraped.Crusaders.

Comment

• Super legit pic by deathlens as always. Can't wait till I can get some finished shots of the engine bay/engine.

Update

No pics as of right now, but the bottom end is completely assembled, checked the cranksaft/bearings out, piston ring gaps, crank end play, and everything was super tight, like new specs. So together it all went, new OEM rings, new ACL race main and rod bearings, and new OEM thrust washers. Tomorrow I'll put the cylinder head on, install the arp's, then the cam's and rocker's, then finally time it etc.

Goal is to have the bay done shortly, spray it, and have the engine running this weekend, but we'll see how it goes.

Comment

• Update

Well, I said I'd have some pics, but I ended up working on the car/motor more then taking pics. Good for me, bad for you :P

Here's a pic of the motor pretty well assembled, after this pic I installed the oil pickup, baffles and upper and lower pans, the new tstat and a few coolant housings. Then masked any openings I didnt want overspray on/in and sprayed the engine flat black, tomorrow I'll finish installing the manifolds etc and it will be pretty well ready to go in. I guess it's time to get my ass in gear on the bay.

Comment

• why do you put the least reliable engine in the most reliable car?

i have a SR20 that i use as an anker to my boat in the harbour...

But cool project
                      www.gsbildeler.no The best BMW parts suplyer!
                      www.akgmotorsport.com all u need
                      www.vts-racing.no/forum/index.php My buddies in norway
                      E28 with a s50b32 m3 engine
                      sigpic[

Comment

• Originally posted by ealoken View Post
                        why do you put the least reliable engine in the most reliable car?

i have a SR20 that i use as an anker to my boat in the harbour...

But cool project
                        Guess i needed to learn the hard way Hoping it works out better with the rebuild, but I guess only time will tell.

Comment

• you just have to use rockerarm stopper and a good Oil.

Have you tought of any external oil cooler?
                          www.gsbildeler.no The best BMW parts suplyer!
                          www.akgmotorsport.com all u need
                          www.vts-racing.no/forum/index.php My buddies in norway
                          E28 with a s50b32 m3 engine
                          sigpic[

Comment

• Originally posted by ealoken View Post
                            you just have to use rockerarm stopper and a good Oil.

Have you tought of any external oil cooler?
                            I'm running Greddy rocker arm stoppers, have been searching on what oil to run, I'd prefer to stay away from synthetic's and just change oil every 3000-5000 kms. I'm leaning towards 10w-30 shell rotella T. Any recommendations for that?

I have been thinking about doing an oil cooler, along with oil temp and pressure gauges. I'll likely do the gauges, then do the cooler next year. The car is only going to get driven untill late october-early november this year. Then it's duties will become much different next year.

Comment

• Update

Tough crowd huh? Guess I'll make a thread in the showroom when it's finished up. But for now, on to some progress.

Seem's like the bay has taken me the most time out of anything, beginning to regret the brilliant idea of filling some holes and making the bay a bit cleaner. But the prep is pretty well done, just got go over with fine sand paper, then spray base, followed by clear.

Went over it again after the first round of primer, sanded the rest of the sides of the bay and primer'd some more.

and tucked away with the engine for the night.

Once the painting is done, it's just reassembly, there's a few small thing's I'd like to redo in the process, but it should be straight forward (hopefully) and not take too long.

Comment

• Update

Sprayed the bay, and some clear, gunna lay some more clear tomorrow morning for heavy gloss

Comment

Working...
                                X