e30 build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dubtruk36 View Post
    for having the balls to do the swap.. Good luck, subscribed.

Not a big FI fan, but sr20 motors are hard as nails, so I gotta give you that.
    How long before those HP numbers you quoted start climbing?
    Haha, well, first it will be stock with a front mount and 3" exhaust turbo back. After dailying it for a bit I'll bump the boost to 13psi, which should be in the 230-240whp range. Anything more then that I'll need turbo, injectors and a tune so we will see.

Comment

Well, not a ton of work has gotten done so far this week, but I did make some progress on the wiring harness, nearing completion. Going to hook up the fuel lines and vac lines and test my harness before I cut it to length and wrap it up to make it pretty.

After that I'll fit the driveshaft, make motor mounts, make brackets for the intercooler and mount it.

Ordered a tubular equal length runner bottom mount exhaust manifold, 3 inch stainless turbo elbow, and a Bings vented billet coil pack cover. Just ordered clamps, electric fan, and a 90 degree silicone I'll be needing.

Update when its running!

Comment

another little update,

Harness is in, the ecm is turning on the fuel pump, and turning over the motor, doesn't have spark, so I will have to investigate that tomorrow, but it should be up and running by noon. Photo filled update tomorrow hopefully with a video.

Comment

ooh i so excite!

Originally posted by Longboarding_G
          you sir, win this battle.
          “Producing something of quality is obsessing over details nobody sees.”

Comment

wow! that is bad asss can't wait to see more

///M3 drivers have no friends! -Jeremy Clarkson....

Comment

Damn dude, that's one hell of a swap. A lot of work but it seems like you know whats going on. I'll be keeping an eye on this. Good work.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

So, another update!

It's alive!!!!

Turns out all my wiring was good except the one that signals the ignition to turn on and off. So, a quick change of that wire and it turns on and turns off properly.

Comment

Nice to see another e30 cross breeder...interested to see some cruising videos!

I think I saw your car this past fall in toronto. I'm just finishing up a 1jz swap into mine. GL with the build!

1984 BMW 318i- 1JZ-GTE

Comment

Originally posted by EuroNut View Post
                    Nice to see another e30 cross breeder...interested to see some cruising videos!

I think I saw your car this past fall in toronto. I'm just finishing up a 1jz swap into mine. GL with the build!
                    Thanks man, you too.

Comment

whats the oilpan clearance like with the sr20?

Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                        whats the oilpan clearance like with the sr20?
                        With the motor sitting ON the subframe, the lowest point (the sump) is about level with the subframe. After engine mounts I expect it to be about 0.5 to an 1" above the subframe/steering rack. The only downside clearance wise is going to be the 3" exhaust pipe going all the way back, but the trans bracket was made with that in mind, so the exhaust going down the tunnel will tucked up quite a bit. I'll take pictures of underneath the car once its done and I put it up on my hoist at work.

Comment

that is really bad ass, almost want to do SR20 now, they are alway popping up for cheap in my area

Jacques Cousteau could never get this low

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchy View Post
                            With the motor sitting ON the subframe, the lowest point (the sump) is about level with the subframe. After engine mounts I expect it to be about 0.5 to an 1" above the subframe/steering rack. The only downside clearance wise is going to be the 3" exhaust pipe going all the way back, but the trans bracket was made with that in mind, so the exhaust going down the tunnel will tucked up quite a bit. I'll take pictures of underneath the car once its done and I put it up on my hoist at work.
                            the swap just sounds more and more appealing. good work, cant wait to see the finished product

Flickr

Comment

This is a pretty uncommon swap for most cars other than a 240SX(US spec never came with SR20DET) but more and more people are doing it. I had an SR20DET with a GT3071R and HKS Fcon in my AE86 when I was sliding it, and I meet a few guys on the east coast that had them in their Corollas as well, we never really had alot of E30 guys at the events but most of the guys that did have them either had SR20DET or the RB25DET swapped into them. I never liked the weight and iron block on the RB25 so that is why I went with the SR, that and as far as a balanced engine 85/85 bore/stroke is about as good as it gets. You will love the responsiveness and reliability of that engine and it will throw your car around better than any other swap out there. Cant wait to see a vid of this thing rolling, makes me miss my AE86....lol
                              Last edited by YotatoySoarer95; 02-10-2011, 02:22 PM.

STANCEdC400onWORKS

Comment

Awesome e30 man, I've seen this car booting around durham region.

Comment

Working...
                                X