No announcement yet.

e30 build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• great stuff man ... another e30 done right.

Comment

• Great Build!!!
      '09 VW Golf MK6 2.0 TDI DSG
      R lookalike

Comment

• sick build man..just sick.

Comment

• Great progress! can't wait to see the car in person

1984 BMW 318i- 1JZ-GTE

Comment

• Amazing build. One my Favourite e30's.

My Build Thread...

Comment

• Nice man! Glad to see you're still working on the car rather than getting rid of it like you were. Are those BC's?

Comment

• Originally posted by Byron View Post
                Nice man! Glad to see you're still working on the car rather than getting rid of it like you were. Are those BC's?
                Thanks dude!

Yeah, I'm glad I still have the car, I know I would have missed it if it sold.

Yeah their bc's, sold my setup to someone local for good money, so I couldn't argue with under 1300.00 after everything, got custom lengths, rates, valving and camber plates

specs are

Front: 3" shorter shocks, 6" 10k springs, adjustable shock length, camber plates, 30 way adjustable
                Rear: 2" shorter shocks, 5" 12k spring, RSM's, adjustable shock length, 30 way adjustable

Tomorrow or thursday will start the daily duties of the car, so we will see how well they perform.

You gunna be at sowo?

Comment

• Yeah, I'm taking my 5 though. Haven't touched my e30 since SoWo last year

I've got BC's on my 5 and they're awesome actually. I wish they went like .5" lower but they ride so nice I can't really complain. I've wondered how they were on e30's, how did you go about getting the custom lengths/rates?

Comment

• Originally posted by Byron View Post
                    Yeah, I'm taking my 5 though. Haven't touched my e30 since SoWo last year

I've got BC's on my 5 and they're awesome actually. I wish they went like .5" lower but they ride so nice I can't really complain. I've wondered how they were on e30's, how did you go about getting the custom lengths/rates?
                    Nice, glad to hear it, I've driven the car around my shitty parking lot and it seems to handle it quite well, but definitely need some street driving to get a real feel for it.

I just called bc up and told them what I wanted, they mentioned they had been working on making an "extreme drop" setup for e30's, but I told them what lengths I knew worked and after a couple weeks, they were made. I'm really happy with what I got for the price, would have cost me more to revalve my shocks and get camber plates for my old setup.

I'm glad I'll be seeing you at sowo, but dissapointed about e30 progress

Comment

• Small update

Exhaust is done, car is now on the road and being dailyed.

Going to try and get some pictures etc and do a proper update soontimes

Comment

• Looking great man, this car is definately one of my inspirations. Being rhd I hope I can avoid some of your issues. The fact you spun a bearing and I know of two Aussie SR e30s who lasted very few miles before doing the same has me worried though :-/
                        I blew the SR in my old car however I was second owner and it had a tough boosted life. When I rebuilt it I also got the place to custom fit an N1 Oil Pump, either from a GTR or Pulsar GTi-R, forget which now. That's another thought for you after bigger sump

Also what vehicle did you get the trans tunnel from?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ant View Post
                          Looking great man, this car is definately one of my inspirations. Being rhd I hope I can avoid some of your issues. The fact you spun a bearing and I know of two Aussie SR e30s who lasted very few miles before doing the same has me worried though :-/
                          I blew the SR in my old car however I was second owner and it had a tough boosted life. When I rebuilt it I also got the place to custom fit an N1 Oil Pump, either from a GTR or Pulsar GTi-R, forget which now. That's another thought for you after bigger sump

Also what vehicle did you get the trans tunnel from?
                          Thanks man

Yeah rhd should make it a ton easier, pretty well all clearance issues are related to the steering linkage and the brake booster/master.

It seems to be a common thing that they spin bearings, when I was looking for another motor i found lots that had the same problem, so I just ended up rebuilding mine, has about 3700kms on it now and seems mint, oil stays super clean, and it doesn't use any, and the oil pressure seems good so cant complain.

I'm hoping I don't need to do much more to the motor other then more boost and possibly a metal headgasket down the road, but we will see.

The trans tunnel piece is from another e30 5 spd. I just cut out the piece from the parts car and welded it into mine. Wanted to run the oem boot/seal that seals the cabin from outside. Now I have the rubber boot that is on the sr trans/around the shifter, the boot that sits in the e30 tunnel where the reverse light wiring runs through and the leather shift boot, so its alot quieter inside now.

Comment

• so far so amazing!
                            IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

• You are winning sooooo hard

Comment

• just read the whole build. has to be one of my favorite e30s. i can only imagine what will happen next!

Comment

Working...
                                X