subscribed

Comment

• Originally posted by softg View Post
      it's a good looking e30 to be sure.

subscribed
      Thanks man

Comment

• Nice project!

What sort of clearance are you getting on the steering column with a 3" down pipe?

Comment

• Originally posted by f0xy View Post
          Nice project!

What sort of clearance are you getting on the steering column with a 3" down pipe?
          i made a custom steering linkage because im running an e36 rack, when i spaced the original it was hitting the turbo elbow pretty bad, so i chopped out everything inbetween the stock u joints and tig'd a 3/4 aluminum round bar inbetween. Still less then a finger gap between the top ujoint and elbow, but solid engjne and trans mounts so it can never hit. The 3" turbo elbow actually helps clearance over the stock cast peice, since the stainless is much tinner walled.

Ideally I would do what Illroller did and buy the vorshlag steering linkage, but forking out 400 for that is not something i want to do right now.

Comment

• simply awesome build (well not simple), makes me want to pull my motor in my 2002

Comment

• awesome work man... really good stuff!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lilblue View Post
                simply awesome build (well not simple), makes me want to pull my motor in my 2002
                Thanks

If you decide to pull your motor and swap, be prepared to be pissed about it during the swap, when it's done you will be happy though haha.

Originally posted by Bystrov View Post
                awesome work man... really good stuff!
                Thank you

Update

So back to some progress shots, after driving the car for about 400kms total so far, I decided to take half the car apart and change up a few more things.

Plan is to drop the rear end, notch the subframe for exhaust, put fresh fluid and a new gasket in the diff, new diff bushing. new subframe bushings, trailing arm bushings, ebrake shoes+springs, rotors, pads, rebuild calipers, ss brake lines, ebrake cables, sway bar bushings and links, and some fresh rust paint Also chopping the front struts for the 8.5cm shorter 325ix shocks + some shorter spring hats and 5 inch springs for some low low.

Here are a few shots, will have to take some more.

Comment

• BONER worthy E30

I'm definately subscribed, can you fly over to Iceland and do some work on my ti, i'm too lazy to finish it and i'm in a pissed off state since my Garret decided to take a dump on me...

Maybe i should pull that 3.0 diesel out and install a SR20

Definately impressive work you've done there... but if it was me i would've gone a different route on the suspension, OEM shocks don't like to ride so low
                  Last edited by Angelic0-; 08-19-2011, 09:12 AM.
                  E36 M3ti TURBO | E46 328i DAILY | E60 535d M-TECH | DODGE RAM - CUMMINS TWIN TURBO

Comment

• Originally posted by Dutchy View Post
                    Plan is to drop the rear end, notch the subframe for exhaust . . .
                    Glad to hear I'm not the only one having to do this.

Build is looking great as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Angelic0- View Post
                      BONER worthy E30

I'm definately subscribed, can you fly over to Iceland and do some work on my ti, i'm too lazy to finish it and i'm in a pissed off state since my Garret decided to take a dump on me...

Maybe i should pull that 3.0 diesel out and install a SR20

Definately impressive work you've done there... but if it was me i would've gone a different route on the suspension, OEM shocks don't like to ride so low
                      Sometimes it takes something crapping out for good things to happen.

Don't worry suspension was only temporary, I am now running 3.5 inch shorter shocks in sectioned housings, means lots of travel so it should ride pretty good.

Originally posted by Bimmerteck View Post
                      Glad to hear I'm not the only one having to do this.

Build is looking great as well.
                      Kind of a pain in the ass, but took everything out for fresh bushings etc anyways so not to bad I guess.

Thanks

Comment

• Bit of an update, rear end is making it's way to being back together, front end is done, and got some new wheels.

Comment

• Sick build man! Props for doing it right.

Comment

• Awesome build!
                            Like the engine swap.
                            E30 build

Comment

• Thanks guys.

Been a long time since I updated, but have gotten a fair bit done sooooo...

BIG UPDATE

I'm sure alot of you have seen some of the updated pictures of how the car sits. Either via www.scrapedcrusaders.com or here or recently on instagram - 325isstephen

Well here's some of what happened inbetween brought to you by shitty cell pics:

Big plus was installing a lift finally, such a convenience to have, wish I had it during the swap.

I organized some of my crap, moved my toolbox, got myself a little shelf for important things and test fit wheels without tires.

After my last update, I assembled the wheels with some cheap tires, but they were too big
                              so even with rs's the car seemed to look pretty stupid.

soo i got some worn out tires for cheap and threw those on, had to look pretty for h20i (was checking for cords the whole way back ...1200kms)

and stacked some cars

After that, I did a bit of prep and hit the track for a lapping day aka half ass radio delete panel and boost gauge, accompanied by stock weaves and all seasons

and over the winter I didn't feel like doing much to it, bought a few parts cars, parted those out, but the e30 mostly just got moved around and sat in my bay at night. Sometimes it needed to go outside, so it got snowed on a few times.

Some one asked for pictures of my setup, so more shitty cell pics took care of that

some scrapping/clearance shots (keep in mind all parts only have 3000kms on them)

Bought some temp wheels for it to roll on around the shop/flip while the rs's were getting powdered, which also lead to another scraped shoot of the car, have to thank Gilbert for letting me whore it on there regularily.

The scraped feature with a friends mk2:

I test fitted the rs's with new centers (4x100 instead of the gold ones that were 5x120 with adapters)

Adapterless feels soooo good, not to mention lots more room for lips etc.

Then came march and I started itching, some friends convinced me that I had to daily it this year, so I started with some stuff to make that easier.

First was Bings short shifter with new bushing to make daily life nicer and smoother

Also fixed my shift hole with a part of a parts cars trans tunnel, wanted the shift hole to be insulated from the cabin like stock, with the swap the hole was moved back and left open, not incredibly quiet :P

After that I decided I wanted interior and some decent sound, without compromising space etc

and a pic of outside for fun

Cleaned up the scratch marks from running no carpet and had to paint the welds for the shift hole, so some rust paint went down

then needed a carpet and seats etc

keyless is a must for daily use, especially with an old car that doesnt enjoy the use of its lock cylinders

Bought 4 front seats as the two I had gotten had some issues as per 20 years of use, so I took 4 and I made two perfect ones, about 8 hours later, they looked great

Needed to clean the shit out of all of it, wanted it all to be extra fresh and smell awesome, so many hours of cleaning ensued

As with most e30's, especially in Canada, the battery tray loves to rot, mine wasn't bad, but finally decided to cut anything that was close to rust out and fix it

Sold my shortened housing coils

some parts started coming in, first flat caps

then made some new rubber mount motor mounts

test fitted wheels on a friends car for fun

HIDS came

Installed

bought another parts car

took the dash for my car

Some wheel parts came back from powder

So me and some friends did some assembling

Custom ordered coils came in

They made there way onto the car, along with the interior going back in, cleaned up multiple other little things that I wasn't happy with on the car, but none are picture worthy so i didnt bother. Heres it with the bumper off while I got some stuff done

more parts came, so I made a new gauge holder and wired it all up, also installed a delrin shift knob I had laying around

Took some pics with two rears on one side

got a temp headunit

washed up the car

got some red caps

buddy of mine, Matt at gt exhaust making me a filthy 3 inch turbo back system with a custom downpipe, punched pussy, vbands, and a gtspeed muffler with some perferrated tips, all of it stainless, mandrel and tig'd. Hoping it will quiet it down a bit and will surely look pretty

thats pretty well up to date, will try and get some interior pictures and a good underneath shot of the car when the exhaust is finished

Comment

• looks good man!
                                @slowprogress

Comment

Working...
                                X