• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• those throwing stars look so good.

nhoJyauQ/John Quay

E36 Vert Build

Instagram @nhojyauq

Comment

• such a sweet and clean E36. love the wheels, love the low, love the color.

what plans for the engine?

Instagram: dankasrz_s666

Comment

• Really nice e36, but pre-wheels suited better (just my mind)

Comment

• Always loved your car !

Comment

• Very nice e36...what suspension do you use? thx bro !

Comment

• There was a day in my life where i sold my 96 328 vet. Oh God, i miss it so much. Thanks Sam, looking at your car brought back so many memories. To any boys who want to mess up your e36, look at this thread first and then start working on it Cheers.

Comment

• moreee!

Comment

• Sam, what is happening with your car?

Comment

• simply one of the nicest e36's on this site ...

Comment

• Wow, so clean

Comment

• I love the color combination of the blue, polish and gun metal. Very clean setup.
                        IG:uvebeenrobd
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Lots and lots have gone on, heres a up to date timeline

Last set of photos with the car overly low as it was starting to wear the sump out, the last thing I wanted to do was bust it open and have the big job of changing it.

Gave the car a little clean. Just Megs step 1, still yet to do 2 and 3

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh and I got a new toy 8) to adjust for my wider fitment, no more hammering

May 2011

Went for a little bit of a different look on the bmw, Pulled off the stretched tyres and picked up some new fronts from Anonymoose then got onto camskills and ordered some rears up. Wound the car up and tyres on this is how it's stitting now on the new 225/35 & 245/35 tyres, ignore the woman kicking and kneeing the car :roll: can now get over cat eyes

Get no rubbing at all. If anything I pulled the back arches too much but its done now and doesnt look bad

Need a bit more setting up then a 4 wheel aline then I'll be happy

And two of the stars need a quick refurb so there not back on yet.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Picked up a M3 3.0 LSD :mrgreen: No more skipping from the welded

Got one of the style 5s finished. 3 more to do then they will be up for sale.

As I'll be getting a few track days booked this summer I added a cheap motorsport extra

Next to get a rear one on.
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Followed the guide from http://www.understeer.com on the weighted selector rod

much heaver as you can see :wink:

And bent the z3m shifter back as it was sitting a bit forward to how the e36 did.
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As traction control stays unplugged the whole time thought I might as well just remove it, maybe even get a better air flow slightly
                          Picked up the hoes from the dealers and swapped it over

Before

After

Stuck in a restore so the abs still works, removed the warning light from the dash and got a blank plate to do away with the ASC button.

Jun 2011

Been playing about with the car today

So it's now running Eibach 5mm spacers all round
                          Wired in the day time running lights to the front fog light switch
                          Fitted new m3 mesh bumper grill
                          An gave the stars a fresh lick of paint

Heres how it looks after a little bath

Jul 2011

Little bay update. M50 inlet, BBTB & black powder coated strut brace

IMG_6406 by samratcliffe19, on Flickr

And at long last I finished the BBS's. Lot of effort went into these so very glad they are done and will look ace one someone elses BMW. Sometimes I forgot I even had them :roll:

Little before and after on the 5s

And now

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Stuck on of the 5s on last night just to see what it would look like before they sell. Like to think these 2 wheels are like brothers :lol:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Got some Eibach ARB off Dips last week, mod worth doing, both set on hard

Fitted these and the M3 3.0 LSD at the same time but no pictures yet.

Aug 2011

Got the new PBMW 09/11 magazine yesterday, An stumbled over this

After selling the BBS RC090's I looked on eBay and made a offer on some BBS RC041/42 don't know why I put the offer in really but it got accepted so had to go and buy them ( next set of winter wheels)

Made a little start on them, well just the centre caps as there one of my favourite bits on the wheels being all metal unlike the style 5's.

They were a state to start with but have come up well, so pleased with them.

From the left is what I started with after Nitromorsing back the duff paint, then in the middle is mid point and the last one is after some Autosole, so will still come up brighter after some Meg polish

After how much I loved the quality an the hologram 3D affect on the red BBS centre caps I had on my old RC's. Just had to get another set but in black this time as red just clashes with the Ambers.

IMG_6546 by samratcliffe19, on Flickr
                          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An this is when the club sport theme started

Everything removed from the back end, all the tar sound deadening an got rid of unessary stuff in the loom.

Onto the front next. I'm not going for a full stripped out theme once the car is done it will look just as it did before but lighter. Everything that is going back in is being removed of any excess weight. Maybe in time I will carpet over the rear seats and get some nice buckets for the front so it will still be a easy ever day liveable car

Made a start and finish on the boot last night after work.

Sticking with the full car look that’s just as easy to use as a factory daily driver but lighter

So started with a bare boot after stripping it of everything

Removed the old

Pointlessly drilled some holes in the side panels

Made and trimmed a side panel to cover the battery & add a little extra boot space

Cut a randomly shaped bit of wood to plug the hole

Routed the edges so it sat flush in the boot

Pointlessly drill some more holes

Off cut of office carpet cut to size with the extra custom batter tray cover

Sep 2011

(2 years on of owing the car, still ever changing)

Popped and saw Neil from Automac to pick up a set of mounts

(passenger set) This is how they go in, can see how on the jornt e36 seats sit but with these they sit bang on

Drivers one in, still needed to make up another seat belt buckle so ran with just a drivers bucket for a few days

My non arm rest center consol finily came only to find some half wit has attemped to spray it gloss black :evil: trim always has to be matt coloured in my eyes so thats going back

Also made another gear extention

Ended up binning the center lap buckle and using the ones from either side in the back and made them fit so there nice and fixed in place.

Had a little 6 months update in this months PBMW from all the stuff that has changed since my feature.

Another quick snap of the cockpit

IMG_6525 by samratcliffe19, on Flickr

Found a nice shot on the Stance|Works coverage of edition by Jordan Butters @Drifted

IMG_5684 by samratcliffe19, on Flickr

Ending with this photo, seams the weight saving added to the fuel drinking

Brimmed the tank for the first time in a long time so thought I'd make the most of it

1 tank who needs a diesel by samratcliffe19, on Flickr

Oct 2011

Went down the local tip and got on the weigh bridge this afternoon.

Done pretty well I think, Parkers say the car is 1395kg factory if that is right or not?

Guys down at the tip were having a few guess on what the out come would be, they were saying 13 I was hoping more into the 12s and heres the out come

145kg lighter by samratcliffe19, on Flickr

So made 1250kg (without me) that is still with a radio, 4 speakers, Aircon, factory carpet, rear seats, tool kit, sun roof shell, 10 litres of fuel.

Happy with the out come, got to my club sport aim really of loosing a fair chunk of weight out of the inside and it still looks like a normal car bar the buckets.

Still need to carpet over the rear seats and trim down a few more things so there is still more to loose :smt006

Nov 2011

Running the OEM BBS in winter / track set up with some chubby 235/40 & 245/40 tyres, in matt black

Love how it is driving with the right set up, an running a X brace again as it's got enought ground clearance again.

Chubby tyres & light weight BBS because * race car by samratcliffe19, on Flickr

Dec 2011

Removed the viscos fan to free up bit of grunt,fitting a lower temp stat and switch to kick in the air con fan make sure things keep cool

Jan 2012

Throwing stars having another DIY refurb ready for 2012, Polished up and a fresh lick of paint

BMW E34 M5 throwing star by samratcliffe19, on Flickr

1 done - 3 more still to polish

Naked by samratcliffe19, on Flickr

Then woke up to a pancaked rear P-ZERO the other day so took that as a good time to give the wheels a colour swap and the black looked bit mank and boring

Some up to date photo's taken yesterday with my mates S2000

Picture 885 by samratcliffe19, on Flickr

Picture 883 by samratcliffe19, on Flickr

Picture 872 by samratcliffe19, on Flickr

Picture 865 by samratcliffe19, on Flickr

Picture 864 by samratcliffe19, on Flickr

Picture 857 by samratcliffe19, on Flickr

Picture 855 by samratcliffe19, on Flickr

Picture 851 by samratcliffe19, on Flickr

Picture 846 by samratcliffe19, on Flickr

Picture 843 by samratcliffe19, on Flickr

Picture 842 by samratcliffe19, on Flickr

Picture 840 by samratcliffe19, on Flickr

Picture 827 by samratcliffe19, on Flickr

Plan to get 235/40 & 245/40 tyres for the Throwing stars next just so I can still enjoy driving it & maybe a rear GT wing if I can get hold of one.
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Got hold of A Recaro Pole Position for a really good price
                          Wanted one of these from the start because it's a Xl seat which is handy for me being tall and the width just makes life easy getting in and out of the car on a day to day basis.

Also painted my AutoMac seat mount black as it was bit of a random goldy colout & made up a nice custom solid seat belt buckle mount

Recaro Pole Position by samratcliffe19, on Flickr

Custom seat belt buckle by samratcliffe19, on Flickr

Untitled by samratcliffe19, on Flickr

Haven't got a picture of it in the car yet as it looks like it hasn't been washed or hover in months from this weather lately. But it is very nice I am very pleased with it

If anyone has the Z3M shifter & the e46 club sport knob they'll know just how low it sits, I much prefer driver with it up bit higher an can get away with it as the throw is so short. Not really anything out there to buy so made my own one few months back and has just been improved.

Gave my shoddy made gear extension to my mate that's starting up a fabrication and engine conversion company called 'Simply Supreme'

I had made it wrong first time round by sliding the two pieces of metal too far together an welding it so then meaning it didn't go do far enough down the shifter in the car so came loose after time.
                          Chopped it in half just under the weld got to excess out from the inside and handed it over to be neatly put back together.

Simply Supreme gear riser by samratcliffe19, on Flickr

Again not got a photo of it fitted back in the car, but it sits about a inch lower than before, is nice and sturdy, can see and use all the 18 button OBC and polished satin look matches the e46 club sport knob.

Also added a Jesus handle to the drivers side if need be to help climb in and out of the bucket seat, an wacked in another set of suede gear & hand brake gaiters.

Will be giving the inside a good clean up then will get some good photos.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Engine
                          M52B28
                          M50 inlet
                          BBTB
                          ASC removed
                          80mm silicone intake pipe
                          Debaffeled air box with K&N filter
                          Viscous fan delete
                          M30 80c Thermostat
                          M44 80/88c Fan Switch
                          M3 Evo top mount covers

Transmission
                          5 speed manual
                          Hel braided clutch hose
                          Removed CDV
                          Z3M short shift
                          Home made weighted selector lever
                          M3 3.0 LSD 3.15

Chassis
                          Hottuning coilovers
                          Front helper springs removed
                          Camber adjustable front top mounts
                          Bilstein Sport rear dampers
                          Z3 rear top mounts
                          Eibach ARB front & rear set hard
                          X-brace
                          Front upper strut brace

Exterior
                          4300k HID's ballasts hidden in bumper iron
                          Delensed headlights with matt black projector shrouds
                          Amber indicators all round with front day time running lights
                          Chrome exhaust tips
                          Front evo lip spoiler
                          Home made front bumper under tray
                          Home made fog light blanks
                          U.S-spec front number plate blanking strip
                          M3 mesh bumper grill
                          Rolled and pulled arched
                          328i badge removed
                          Aero wiper blades
                          Personalised number plate
                          TRS removable tow strap

Wheels & tyres

Summers
                          E34 M5 Throwing stars 17x8 ET20 & 17x9 ET22
                          Polished lips, sliver centres & black insides
                          Eibach 5mm spacer all round with longer bolts
                          Falken 452 tyres 225-35 & 245-35

Winters
                          BBS RC041/42 17x7.5 & 17x8.5 ET41
                          Painted all sliver
                          Polished centre nut
                          BBS 3D hologram centre cap black
                          Front 15mm spacers with longer bolts
                          Falken 452 235-40 & Pirelli pzero 245-40

Interior
                          Recaro Pole Position bucket seat
                          Automac custom side mounts painted black
                          Custom made seat belt buckle
                          Drivers Jesus handle
                          Arm rest removed & replaced with non arm rest centre console
                          Sparco 300mm suede steering wheel
                          Driftworks snap off boss
                          E46 club sport gear knob
                          Custom extended shift rod
                          Suede gear & hand brake gaiters
                          Removed rear head rests
                          All sound deadening and underlay tar removed
                          Thinned down wiring loom
                          Spare wheel, jack, first aid kit & warning triangle holder all removed
                          Home made boot floor
                          Cargo net
                          LED alarm light

Ice
                          Alpine CDE-111RM iPod head unit, amber illumination
                          6x9 parcel shelf adaptors
                          JL Audio Evolution TR690Txi 6x9
                          JL Audio Evolution TR525Cxi 13cm front foot well speakers
                          JL A2150 amp hidden in spare wheel on a false floor build (now removed)
                          JL W0v2 12" sub in JL slot port box (now removed)

Comment

• Love this shit ^

Comment

• This is so nice! Love the meatier tires and the stripped interior, the weight loss is amazing!
                              But where did the Bride seat go? Is it up for sale?

Comment

• Nice. I <3 your car!

Comment

Working...
                                X