A different type of build... VW Cabrio / Recaro LS Build - TONS of pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A different type of build... VW Cabrio / Recaro LS Build - TONS of pics

These will be going in a black mk3 vw cabrio that currently has tan leather interior. We will be replacing the front seats with a pair of Recaro LS's and re-wrapping everything in a high quality red synthetic leather. We plan to cover both front seats, rear, panels, pillars, and wrap the dash in black suede. I will post more pics as the build progresses

Recaro LS's originally in grey leather

Starting on the pattern

Black french seam. The material is much closer to a blood red then the pics show, the lighting just sucks where i have been taking the pics.

Here is a picture of the jacket 90% complete prior to install

This is the old jacket that we removed from the back of the seat. Recaro actually used good leather for these but you can see where they are starting to wear on the bolster.

The back with good foam, it looks like the leather actually did a very good job of preserving the foam.

Applying the new jacket..

Im going to put this in bold so i know people read it...This is a good example of why we recommend professional installation on our jackets. At this point the average joe would be left with some wrinkles and bunches like you see here in the pics.

These next steps seem simple but you could damage the material fairly easily if you didnt know what you were doing. Its a mix of massaging the material into place and steaming it to obtain the perfect fit. (also an example of how perfect our patterns are which you wont find with most shops)

And here is the final product (for this bolster).. with this green death in my chest tomorrow and can have some more updates soon.

Throwing in a few inserts in to see if anything really caught my eye.

Putting the lower covers on..

Complete seat with temporary insert no headrest

Might actually end up using these headrest but they would be rewrapped first. Just think the netted headrest might be kind of cool in a convertable.

Here is where we are at now. We did a regular headrest for now that way we can have both to compare.
    Last edited by Ron@RMAMotorsport; 06-13-2010, 08:47 AM.

youve got mad skillz yo! The seats look super good

Comment

I just got my Recaros done, BMW grey.

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

wow those look amazing

Comment

Thanks we will be doing a double diamond stitch on the inserts. Hopefully we will have time to get to them within the next week or so.

Comment

Amazing work, man.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

Very, very nice.
                1988 Toyota MR2 Supercharged
                Stance:Nation Feature | Build Thread

Comment

Wow you do some fantastic work! The seats came out great!

Comment

damn, those look factory, no wrinkles at all. shit they have less wrinkles than the factory covering.

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

ugh... recaros. I need a pair to complete my cars interior.

Mr. Belvedere

I want to buy your single 4x100 Ronal Racing center

Comment

I've seen these seats in person and I can honestly say the work is just as clean if not even cleaner in person than in pictures.

Hopefully in the future Ron will be doing some work for my Corrado AND my wife's Cabriolet.
                        1995 AMG c36 / dirtbag.

Comment

how come all the good upholstery shops are not in miami

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

holy shit those are hot...damn I need some better seats Im really getting annoyed with the stock ones in my car I slide all over the place

Comment

Thanks guys. As far as the fit goes we have adjusted our pattern multiple times to try and get the perfect fit. You wont find a pattern like this from your average upholstery shop.

Comment

Working...
                              X