No announcement yet.

'82 BMW 320i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still not 100% sure on power output. The guy who did my tuning is guessing around 180 whp according to his butt dyno, and considering he tunes cars all the time going from dyno to street and vice versa, he has a good idea of what power feels like.

It pulls alright in 1st and 2nd, but has trouble getting up into the power band in the higher gears. The new management and TB will helps with that, and give it more power and better driveability.

Comment

Well.... progress I suppose.

Dragged the two rear Hayashi/HRE's out from upstairs. Stripped the 5 layers of paint off of them and dropped them off to get powdercoated. I was going to go with black, but while stripping, I found the base layer (after primer) was gold, and it looked pretty good, so I'm going with that.

Then, I opened up my "new" flares. These are used and from a car that has had many race miles. I got them cheap, and since I can't say no to wide fenders.... They'll need a bit of work to make them fit correctly, and who knows, maybe might need to ditch the rear bumper....

Also ordered a VEMS ecu and sent my factory OE intake manifold to Brewspeed to copy and make a flange for me.

Comment

Gold should look pretty sick

Comment

This is exciting

Mr. Belvedere

I want to buy your single 4x100 Ronal Racing center

Comment

how do you like those pedals?

Comment

I love them. Great braking pressure. Able to feel the brakes better. Able to adjust bias on the fly.

Comment

willwood master also? what size?

Comment

Some real bonafide fab works. Very nice!

Comment

Tilton masters. The local hot rod shop suggested I get Tilton over Wilwood as they are sealed better for street use.

Got some work done this evening, and got one of the lips for the front wheels, that I'll be reusing, all blinged up.... 5 hours later.

Comment

Can't wait to see how the wheels/flares work out. I love Hayashis and I love IE flares. What will the specs on the new wheels be?
                      Originally posted by da3bous
                      I want you to photoshop a giant penis down the side of my car

Comment

Dunno the specs yet. Gotta get the centers back from the powdercoater and take a look at what'll fit.

Comment

And.... progress:

My shopmate works at a laser cutter and is helping me with it and cutting me my flanges. 4" round manifold. Hemispherical ends. Ghetto router'ed venturi's. 1-3/4" runners. -6 AN Fuel Rail. VR6 throttle body.

My VEMS guy has my engine harness half made already. Probably the end of this week it'll be going in, and I hope to have the above intake done in 2 weeks.

Still waiting on getting my centers back and for the time being, bought some 20mm spacers for the rear to push the wheels out a bit. That'll help it look way better.

Comment

fuck

Comment

Working...
                            X