M20 'swappin the 2002

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M20 'swappin the 2002

I had made this post on the 2002faq and am just now copying it over to here.
    Plans for the car:
    CG full coilover kit
    Ronal R10 Turbo's
    Ireland sways
    not sure what i am going to do about brakes
    Corbeau gts ii
    Flares

Most of those things I wont have for a while, as I am still in High school and make minimum wage. ANYWAY, pics:

Getting ready:

M20 n stuff!

Radiator out

Getting the driveshaft

I'm having another friend of mine draw on my trunk. Paint is cracked, blah blah blah, it looks cool. He has done a bunch more since this picture

THE ARTIST HIMSELF!

Hoist in place

Getting there..

Getting there...!

Come on!

DEFEAT!!!!

Recent update of the drawing

I pressure washed the engine bay and degreased the m20. I am going to completely re-gasket the m20 this coming weekend. I'll keep you guys updated!

Pretty sweet. What made you decide on the m20 and not an m30. Just curious as I am pretty sure they are about the same size (physical size not dispacement)

Comment

Originally posted by Burn535i View Post
      Pretty sweet. What made you decide on the m20 and not an m30. Just curious as I am pretty sure they are about the same size (physical size not dispacement)
      Weight - It would make the handling in the 2002 retarded, and the m20 is a pretty common swap in the 2002 community. Honestly, I didn't even think of doing an m30 swap...maybe someday!

Comment

Looks like a fun build, can't wait to see what you have in store for us.
        My '66 C10 Build
        My BMW 2002 Build

Comment

Im sad to see you drew on the car.

Comment

Please remove that drawing, the rest looks so good.

Comment

subscribed

cant wait to see the progress on this, i agree with the others id remove the drawling....cracked paint doesnt mean you have to ruin it
              Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

The trunk will be repainted at the time I paint the airdam and the flares. So do not fear! I am picking up the transmission I need, getting the m20 completely re-gasketed, and selling the m10/old transmission all on this Friday! Thanks for the support!

Comment

Nice. I know a guy down here in Orlando who has an Inka 02 with a turbo M20. Ridiculous car, lol.
                  2009 VW GTI 6spd 4dr
                  1974 BMW 2002tii
                  1987 Audi 5000 CSTQ Avant

Cfleuro#

Comment

Working...
                  X