• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I vote full red. Both rear and side.
    "You could roll an E30 in a BMW showroom today and people would think:
    Well, they finally got the 1 series right!"

3.0 L e30 ground up build

Comment

Whoa! Just realized you're on FourRings.. Did not put two and two together.
      Awesome work on the 944. I'm partial to the Guards red because of my 964. Those side rockers are going to look bomb!
      The roads up on blood mountain are AMAZING. I really need to get up there soon-- totally agree AC is for chumps so I'll head up there after I change the oil.

Comment

does a heckblende exist for these? cuz i think it would be perfection with all red tails in the back
        Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Originally posted by hinrichs View Post
          does a heckblende exist for these? cuz i think it would be perfection with all red tails in the back
          +1

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

I vote all red or red/amber tails.

I had great results using there seat covers. You can also buy an extra 2 yards of leather to cover your are rest.

1984-1989 Porsche 944 Front leather seats cover are manufactured using superior cow leather. These seats are primarily used as replacements for the factory seats cover. If you are looking to replace new seats cover on your car, then you will need to remove the old cover first. The installation does not require any additional sewing. You can complete the installation with few hog rings, hog ring pliers and regular tools.

Here's the thread on R3V showing the results by different E30 members:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/imag...es/cruisin.gif

Comment

Originally posted by gnmzl View Post
              I vote full red. Both rear and side.
              That's what I'm thinking, too!

Originally posted by jagerkerl View Post
              Whoa! Just realized you're on FourRings.. Did not put two and two together.
              Awesome work on the 944. I'm partial to the Guards red because of my 964. Those side rockers are going to look bomb!
              The roads up on blood mountain are AMAZING. I really need to get up there soon-- totally agree AC is for chumps so I'll head up there after I change the oil.
              Yes I am! My boyfriend and I have three Audis now (13 S5, 16 S4, and a 95 URS6 Avant) and the 944. We love the four rings group. Can't wait for Tail of the Dragon at the end of October!

Originally posted by hinrichs View Post
              Had to look up "heckblende," but the 944 has something similiar:

My only hesitation is that the license plate would move to the rear bumper, and I don't want to drill into my new fiberglass bumper to mount the plate. Maybe something more like this?

The other strange this is 944 people **** those reflectors for whatever reason. Good news is, it makes them pretty cheap.

Originally posted by Mike36 View Post
              I vote all red or red/amber tails.

I had great results using there seat covers. You can also buy an extra 2 yards of leather to cover your are rest.

1984-1989 Porsche 944 Front leather seats cover are manufactured using superior cow leather. These seats are primarily used as replacements for the factory seats cover. If you are looking to replace new seats cover on your car, then you will need to remove the old cover first. The installation does not require any additional sewing. You can complete the installation with few hog rings, hog ring pliers and regular tools.

Here's the thread on R3V showing the results by different E30 members:

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...t-covers/page6
              That's a good idea! It shouldn't be too difficult to recover. Thank you!

Static 1986 Guards Red NA Porsche 944
              P O R S C H E P A I ~
              The Poor Woman's Porsche

@kenznotmercedes

Comment

Don't drill into a fiberglass bumper, put magnets behind it and have yourself a nice removable plate for pics LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Kenz View Post
                  Honestly, liked the 50/50 option the most but I come from BMW's so...

Always thought the heckeblender thing was a bit weird, just a full rear end of tail-light reflector lenses? For... what? Seemed kind off a weeb wanna-be uber-deuschte fgt thing to do but whatever, some ppl be into unibrows i guess

Comment

Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
                    Honestly, liked the 50/50 option the most but I come from BMW's so...

Always thought the heckeblender thing was a bit weird, just a full rear end of tail-light reflector lenses? For... what? Seemed kind off a weeb wanna-be uber-deuschte fgt thing to do but whatever, some ppl be into unibrows i guess
                    Are you disliking full taillight rear ends after buying the mother of all full taillight rear ended 90s cars?

Comment

I'm also in the minority opinion of either the 50/50 option or full clear. I feel like full red won't have enough contrast on the red car, but that's just me haha

"Emmaline" B8.5 Audi A4 2.0TFSI Quattro 6MT Build Thread
                      "Ophelia" MK7.5 Volkswagen GTI SE Performance 6MT Build Thread

MKIV Volkswagen Golf GLS 2.0 5MT Coming Soon to a Forum Near You

RIP "Effy" E60 BMW 530xi 6MT [N52] Build Thread
                      SOLD"Adéline"B5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro 5MT Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Fruttolo View Post
                        Are you disliking full taillight rear ends after buying the mother of all full taillight rear ended 90s cars?

Comment

Not to be a nuisance, but that Nardi would have been perfect in leather there.

Anyway, cars looks great and I'm a fan of the amber, I love like this!

Comment

How hard was it to switch the lower rear spoiler to the turbo one? Mine turned up earlier so have the joy of changing from the "toast rack" to the turbo rear end.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete82 View Post
                              How hard was it to switch the lower rear spoiler to the turbo one? Mine turned up earlier so have the joy of changing from the "toast rack" to the turbo rear end.
                              I had no rear valance on my car. Just drilled a tiny hole on each side and slid it in (make sure to measure twice!). The holes under neath the car are already in the frame. It basically bolts right in.

P O R S C H E P A I ~
                              The Poor Woman's Porsche

@kenznotmercedes

Comment

Picking up the 944 from paint and body tomorrow and I'm so excited. Alex (@lowtege on ig give him a follow!) has done an incredible job. He sent me a few teaser pics, so I thought I'd share them with the class.

Can't wait. Meeting up with Alex tomorrow to pick up the car and shoot it with his red NA Miata. Pics soon!

P O R S C H E P A I ~
                                The Poor Woman's Porsche

@kenznotmercedes

Comment

Working...
                                X