X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Benwalsh91
    replied
    Originally posted by Benjaholic View Post
    Hey thanks mate, if I can't find a set with the wheels I'll deffo give you a shout. I love your E36 by the way, I'm always lurking on your build hahahaha (:
    haha lurk away my friend. Maybe one day I will finish it... but probably not.

Leave a comment:

• Benjaholic
    replied
    I did a bit of digging and found a couple of old photos from a previous owner too. These photos almost look like somebody cared about it, I bet the sills were already gone though haha!.

Here it is running polished up Mercedes Toliman wheels. I kinda like it like this but I want to do my own thing.

Last edited by Benjaholic; 01-18-2018, 05:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Benjaholic
    replied
    Originally posted by Benwalsh91 View Post
    if you do decide to run some Porsche wheels drop me a message as I can make you up some wheel adaptors for them
    Hey thanks mate, if I can't find a set with the wheels I'll deffo give you a shout. I love your E36 by the way, I'm always lurking on your build hahahaha (:

Leave a comment:

• Benwalsh91
    replied
    interesting start! hope it comes together like you plan.

if you do decide to run some Porsche wheels drop me a message as I can make you up some wheel adaptors for them

Leave a comment:

• Benjaholic
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr.Seven View Post
    In some ways it's better with a rough start. The connection to the car gets stronger somehow. It's fun how we people work haha :P

Cool idea with the wheels. Are you going to rock some kind of coilovers?
    Yeah I agree, I think it's funny how people can get so attached to a tonne and a bit of metal and plastic. But, like you say, we do haha

Ahh thankyou, I'm still undecided on wheels to be honest, I'm still thinking of running Porsche D90's or 928 7 Slots... She is sat on some rather crusty eBay coilovers at the minute so I'm going to see if I can wind them down at all, if so then I'll probably run those for this year and buy some decent ones over next winter when she's back in my lockup.

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Seven
    replied
    In some ways it's better with a rough start. The connection to the car gets stronger somehow. It's fun how we people work haha :P

Cool idea with the wheels. Are you going to rock some kind of coilovers?

Leave a comment:

• Benjaholic
    started a topic Golf MK3 16V - The Bottomless Moneypit

Golf MK3 16V - The Bottomless Moneypit

So,

I'll introduce myself, my name is Ben and I'm 20 years old and living in the North West of England.

I've been wanting a project car for as long as I could remember so in June 2017 I bought this.

These are the photos from the day that I bought it.

It's a 1997 MK3 Golf GTi 16 Valve.

It's got the 2 litre ABF engine with 150ps. Thankfully it's not an 8 valve haha.

To cut a long story short, I realised that I overpaid for it after I bought it and realised the extent of the rust underneath and a few other underlying issues. I have completely fallen in love with it though and couldn't bring myself to sell it on or part it out.

Here is a selection of photos of what I found underneath :0

Both arches were goosed and the sills were like paper mache.

My current plans are to get it MOT friendly (as it had a hooky MOT on it when I bought it) and then start to mess about with the wheels and fitment. Also, I need to remove that horrendous exhaust! Hahaha

I've replaced the sills, skimmed the arches and both front wings so far, and will add photos once I'm on my next lunch break .

New wings fitted and sprayed too, I need some new bumper bolts as the threads were completely stripped haha.

So this now brings us to the present day, I now own a rust free car at least, and have a good base to work from. Modification wise, so far she has had a set of smoked front indicators and fog blanks, I sprayed my VW emblems black, fitted pressed plates because scene haha. And fitted a Momo Shuttle wheel and Anniversary Gear Knob to replace the worn out Lupo GTi Wheel and Knob that it had before.

Fogs Before and after

Momo

This is going to be a slow build, as I'm on a bit of a budget. But I'll try to update it whenever I can.

Did a little Photoshop of my plans for her though so far,

As she sits now:

Hopefully achievable without too much effort;

THANKS FOR READING XOXOXOX
    Last edited by Benjaholic; 05-07-2019, 05:39 AM.
Working...
X