1982 Datsun 280ZX "Shakotan Style"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Quillhill36 View Post
    15's allow you to go so low. I love it. You could have gone even lower up front.
    not a damn chance, that was a genuine N1 GTR bumper and it was pretty trashed, sod replacing that. plus I daily drove that and I had to remove the bumper every time I got home to get on and off the drive, plus work car park had speedbumps so it literally just survived being that low, if anything I would rather a larger profile front tyre, keep the same height of bumper to the ground but lower it to have better wheel/arch fitment.
    Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

• Not saying you should have haha, just that you could have if you wanted to. 15's have a lot of clearance with a stretched tire.
      2 328i e36's
      Saabaru linear 2.5na
      Various projects.
      sigpic
      Intro;
      http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...19#post1598619

Comment

• A little before and after of some deletes I've done. Deleted quite a few things, and it cleaned up the intake manifold quite nicely. Nowhere near done, still haven't routed unused wires out of sight, and it needs a shit load of cleaning, but I'm very happy!

Comment

• Nice! How is it without the IACV?

If you do a KA24 throttle body, you can go to a cable and really strip the top of the manifold.

-1993 535i/5 NA-T

Comment

• It idles perfectly at 700 rpm, you kind of have to cold start it like a carb'd car, but other than that it's the same! I'm not sure if I'll do a ka24 TB, it makes the stock intake look awesome, but I REALLY want itb's. Maybe something to do for the mean time. Thanks for the positivity

Comment

• What a mess, and I thought mine was a disaster

Comment

• So my Almex wheels came in today, and I wasted NO time getting my tires mounted. They're already installed on the Z. Looks a little bit strange with narrow wheels on it but I'm very very excited to own my first set of authentic wheels. Barrels and new hardware will be next on the list. Going to be rebuilding them to similar specs as my last wheels, but these actually have the proper center bore to be installed on the hub with no shitty spacers pictures will come today so you can see what it looks like.

Comment

• Even though they're not the usual wheels you see on vintage Japanese cars, and they're not really nice spec (yet), this is a milestone for me. I've always wanted authentic wheels and I'm happy to have these

Comment

• Even at current spec those are awesome. Can you flip them to gain offset?
                    2 328i e36's
                    Saabaru linear 2.5na
                    Various projects.
                    sigpic
                    Intro;

Comment

• I don't believe that I can flip these, I'm currently talking to a few different companies about some lips for these. Hopefully in a month or two it'll be sitting nicely. Even these as they are "brought the car together" so to speak. They look so perfect in terms of period correctness and style. I'm a happy boy!

Comment

• Glad to hear it! Your opinion ultimately is the one that matters. Easiest way to find out if you can flip them is to try. You'll eventually be taking them apart anyway, right? Are they two or three piece?
                        2 328i e36's
                        Saabaru linear 2.5na
                        Various projects.
                        sigpic
                        Intro;

Comment

• Love the wheels, look perfect on there. Cant wait to see them with some new lips.
                          Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• A whole picture for you to see. They definitely compliment the car, now to be a few inches wider

Comment

• yeah man..... lips on this is gonna really do it to em

looks so good

Comment

• Thank you! Found a guy parting out an 81 ZX and I'm trying to scoop the louvers up from him. They're from the 80's, metal ones. Need to be restored a little but that's pretty much anything with a car this old.

Comment

Working...
                                X