EK Civic shop car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EK Civic shop car

Picked this little '97 Civic hatchback up for a mere $200 and have glorious plans to turn it into an autocross car. My family owns an autogarage so I'm building it little by little as I have money and time.
    IMG_7045 by Bigstinky4x4
    It's lowered on some supposedly decent coilovers but I haven't gotten it on a lift to figure out what brand yet. Came with the rear suspension sorted out already (sway bar, tie bar, lower control arms, camber links) so I probably won't have to do much more than clean and grease everything back there. I already have a set of GSR fat five wheels I'm going to throw on once I find a set of decent tires.
    IMG_7295 by Bigstinky4x4
    The D16 is blown so I'm working on a donor car for a replacement and a list of other small parts like the fenders and quarter panels. I have a Del Sol Si intake manifold to swap in, I just need the gaskets and maybe a GSR throttle body so it's not gasping for air. There's a little bit of rust but mainly it's just dirty and neglected.
    IMG_7296 by Bigstinky4x4
    My plans for this car after I get it running are to clean it up, swap in a better engine/transmission, and do whatever other modifications are necessary to get into sanctioned races. I know this won't ever be a Ferrari killer or show car, but if I can squeeze 200whp out of a B-series and get the curb weight to sub-2000 it will be faster than anything I've owned before. Hopefully I can get the hang of racing and not have to be a boring accountant for the rest of my life.
    Last edited by kboers; 08-04-2017, 07:17 PM.
    Hold on, Not done accelerating

Photos are not working FYI, switch to flickr or something.
    Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Nice buy, salvage title or something.

Originally posted by Stupid Kid
      I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Comment

Working...
      X